PDA

View Full Version : Now that twist lock is fading...

tranman
02-19-2003, 12:23 AM
With the new ULE bodies coming, and using cocker threads does this mean normal e-mags will be able to have ACE, perhaps made by AGD? If i remember correctly it was the twist lock barrel that prevented them from using an ACE on the original e-mag. Now that there is cocker threads i hope this will change....

JEDI
02-19-2003, 08:49 AM
I hope this is the case. I have a complete ULE set up. I believe the rail is cut to fit an ace system. Hopefully with a ULE body, we can retro fit the ACE into our Emags.

cphilip
02-19-2003, 10:42 AM
I dunno about the rail but even if it was cut to have the hole for the ACE eye to look through...the Grip Frame itself would have to have the milled out space to mount the ACE board. Thats where it sits. And of course in the X mag the hole it looks to is incorporated into the feed module so you can take it straight up and off and expose the eye. And you take the body off and expose the whole board sitting in a slot in the grip frame. No rail on that one. It's built into the body and the bottom of the feed module. You would not have that ability on the ULE bodies on a normal emag and both the rail and grip would have to be milled to take it. Plus the hole in the body lined up with that rail hole. I am not sure its as easy as you think it is.

cledford
02-19-2003, 10:49 AM
How about rigging up a tuna-maginum with a break beam eye? It'll work better the the refective and can be retro-fitted in the same way that the Racegun ACE is fitted. It don't look pretty but works.

On that note - even a reflective eye can be side mouted - like the Impulse or Eblade. I wonder if if a side mount reflective will work with the AGD ACE firmware...

-Calvin

ß.C.
02-19-2003, 11:18 AM
but I for one like the twist lock :( it's so much easier to use than unscrewing threads . . .

madmatt151
02-19-2003, 11:21 AM
I must say twistlock is way better. It is one of the main selling points when I bought my mag all those years ago!

Remington
02-19-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by ß.C.
but I for one like the twist lock :( it's so much easier to use than unscrewing threads . . .

I agree. Is AGD phasing out the twist-lock completely?

magman007
02-19-2003, 12:03 PM
well phil, id say stick with the origional ace design, nust make the actual module a lil bit taller so just the top of it would fit into the body once installed. it would still look up into the feed tube, and still act the same way, olny thing you would need to do would be cut out the rail, triggerframe, and drill a hole in the bottom of the sluggo. IM sure agd could offer the whole thing for i dunno, maybe 50-75 dollars

RamboPreacher
02-19-2003, 12:06 PM
twistlock fading? - if that's the case, and "everyone" is moving to non-twist-lock - please send me all your old unwanted twist-lock barrels. :D

AlabamaMan
02-19-2003, 12:49 PM
Rambo i don't think you need all those barrels to yourself, how bout we share them :D

hitech
02-19-2003, 12:53 PM
LONG LIVE THE TWIST LOCK! :D

I'll take a couple of those barrels no one wants. ;)

RamboPreacher
02-19-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by AlabamaMan
Rambo i don't think you need all those barrels to yourself, how bout we share them :D absolutely, I would share with all the old-skooler, disgruntled zealots out there. :D

JEDI
02-19-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
I dunno about the rail but even if it was cut to have the hole for the ACE eye to look through...the Grip Frame itself would have to have the milled out space to mount the ACE board. Thats where it sits. And of course in the X mag the hole it looks to is incorporated into the feed module so you can take it straight up and off and expose the eye. And you take the body off and expose the whole board sitting in a slot in the grip frame. No rail on that one. It's built into the body and the bottom of the feed module. You would not have that ability on the ULE bodies on a normal emag and both the rail and grip would have to be milled to take it. Plus the hole in the body lined up with that rail hole. I am not sure its as easy as you think it is.
Phil, we as Americans can carve the heads of 4 presidents into the side of a mountian, complete with glasses and mustaches. I think Master Genious Tom Kaye can cut up a little aluminum. :D ;) I'm kidding of course.

madmatt151
02-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Can we start a petition to save the twist lock. I mean we could arch on Washington, or the AGD offices, whichever get the most media coverage! :)

Come on Tom make a sluggo with twist lock, I dare you!

ß.C.
02-19-2003, 02:07 PM
the only reason I'm not buying an Xmag/sluggo/teardrop ULE is because i like the twistlock, I've owned at one point everything twistlock body including the sydarm, I refuse to buy any screw in barrels!

madmatt151
02-19-2003, 02:12 PM
the only reason I'm not buying an Xmag/sluggo/teardrop ULE is because i like the twistlock, I've owned at one point everything twistlock body including the sydarm, I refuse to buy any screw in barrels!

HERE HERE Agreed!

JEDI
02-19-2003, 02:35 PM
Evolve or perish...Thats what I say. AGD evolved and brought threaded barrels with them.

FooTemps
02-19-2003, 02:39 PM
Ok, I'll perish if I get some new barrels for cheap! yay!

ß.C.
02-19-2003, 04:54 PM
The twistlock was an evolution, it was different from other threaded barrels because it was easier to use, so going back to threads wouldn't be an evolution . . .

personman
02-19-2003, 05:42 PM
You guys want a cheap barrel, I still have my taso pro series I would let go for about 30..

I wish that micros could have removable breeches, I actually kind of want a warp again.. but naahh I'll stick with the halo..

Jerhew
02-19-2003, 05:47 PM
well the problem is
it was too ahead of it's time
people fear change
and sometimes the better design doesnt win
thats why we ended up with vhs instead of beta(although that really doesnt matter now since dvds arrived)
then again minidiscs were better than cds

i don't think we have too much to fear though
i don't see them phasing out classic bodies in the near future...

i feel funny even thinking about screwing a barrel onto an agd product
it just seems wrong :confused: :D

felony
02-19-2003, 08:03 PM
I like the twist lock!! Me want some!

ß.C.
02-19-2003, 09:05 PM
personman, this isn't your post so I'm gonna thrash your sale :D I sold mine for $15, $30 is not cheap!

I'm only doing this because I thinks it's wrong to advertise your stuff on other peoples threads

Jerhew - That makes a lot of sense. But what happens to threads in the future? If threads are "vhs" what are the "dvds?" :confused:

personman
02-19-2003, 09:13 PM
Oh yea? Mine has more elves than yours will ever have!!
BWHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
heh.. I wasnt really advertising, I dont even care if I sell it.. its just sitting in my room and its the best barrel I used on my old mag, and 30 would bring me enough to upgrade my halo :p
The peopel were all like omg I want a cheap barrel..
I had it on ebay for 20 anyway.. I wasnt even serious
That was kind of obnoxious though, I wrote one sentence about my barrel I diddnt say
BUYMYBARRELNOWITROCKSBUYMYBARRELNOWITROCKSBUYMYBAR RELNOWITROCKSBUYMYBARRELNOWITROCKSBUYMYBARRELNOWIT ROCKSBUYMYBARRELNOWITROCKSBUYMYBARRELNOWITROCKSBUY MYBARRELNOWITROCKSBUYMYBARRELNOWITROCKSBUYMYBARREL NOWITROCKSBUYMYBARRELNOWITROCKSBUYMYBARRELNOWITROC KSBUYMYBARRELNOWITROCKSBUYMYBARRELNOWITROCKSBUYMYB ARRELNOWITROCKSBUYMYBARRELNOWITROCKSBUYMYBARRELNOW ITROCKSBUYMYBARRELNOWITROCKS

:D:D:D

FooTemps
02-19-2003, 09:14 PM
dvd's = magnets or clamps or some sort of tention system or something of the sort?

ß.C.
02-19-2003, 09:31 PM
footemps - I think you are on to something . . . but the whole magnet thing . . . that'd have to be a REALLY strong magnet :rolleyes:

Jerhew
02-20-2003, 12:10 AM
Jerhew - That makes a lot of sense. But what happens to threads in the future? If threads are "vhs" what are the "dvds?" :confused:

well i didnt have anything in mind to compare to dvd's
i leave the inventing up to tk :D

i have a typhoon...so i guess thats a reel to reel projector

ghideon
02-20-2003, 12:31 AM
I too prefer the twist-lock. The cocker threading to me is repulsive. It can be a major pain in the *** to remove the barrel on my roommate's cocker for some reason. The big, ugly threading on the Tippy 98s isn't that bad, however.

WARPED1
02-20-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Remington

I agree. Is AGD phasing out the twist-lock completely? I hope so.

ß.C.
02-20-2003, 11:18 AM
I don't mind the threading on tippmans either. It's like 3 twists and it's off.