PDA

View Full Version : LX problem

EsPo
02-19-2003, 01:10 PM
this is my first time installing level 10...

i just got a retro valve, and i need to know the setup that is most compatible.. like the setup that will work most of the time. it has a huuge vent down the barrel.. i dont know what to do from here, how can i stop the vent?

BTAutoMag
02-19-2003, 01:12 PM
how many shims are in it

try going one carrier size smaller. be sure to oil it

Dayspring
02-19-2003, 01:18 PM
Take a carrier with the white oring in it. Dangle the bolt, oring first, from the carrier. Shake it a bit. It should be JUST snug that it won't fall off. That way you know it's the right fit. Then follow the rest of the instructions on the main page.

EsPo
02-19-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Take a carrier with the white oring in it. Dangle the bolt, oring first, from the carrier. Shake it a bit. It should be JUST snug that it won't fall off. That way you know it's the right fit. Then follow the rest of the instructions on the main page.
dangle the bolt?

i think i understand.. put the oring in the carrier, then slide it on the bolt stem.. and try different carriers until its just snug? if i used no shims would it prevent venting?

BTAutoMag
02-19-2003, 01:26 PM
usualy 2 shims works best

EsPo
02-19-2003, 01:47 PM
ok... smallest spring, smallest carrier, no shims and it still leaks!!!!!!

this is really odd now..i degassed the gun, and shot the gun the last few time because it seems like it held air, and it made these noises like it was an elephant.. like metal grinding on metal.. odd.

also, do retro and classic valves use different sears?

EsPo
02-19-2003, 02:01 PM
ok, ma have found the problem... i gas up the gun.. it has no leaks at all.. then i pull the trigger. it vents down the barrel, not to bad, but at a decent rate. then i pull the trigger so that there is no slack, just barely moving the sear back.. like i said, just barely, almost not at all.. and the vent stops. then i release the trigger, letting the trigger have a little slop again and it starts to vent.

blizpaintball42
02-19-2003, 03:37 PM
I had the same problem with my first mag. I replaced the rail and the sear which was worn out and it worked fine... I'd say start with a new sear.

athomas
02-20-2003, 11:17 AM
Sounds like a worn sear to me as well. If the sear is worn, it lets the bolt sit too far forward, which would let the vent hole past the carrier o-ring.