PDA

View Full Version : my milled slug body

nuclear zombie
02-19-2003, 05:20 PM
here is a quick preview of my slug body I picked up today , I won't have access to a digital camera until tomorrow . So I used the scanner(which doesn't do the gun justice).

Will Wood
02-19-2003, 05:23 PM
Nice, very nice.

good choice of a mech too.

Jerhew
02-19-2003, 05:31 PM
yuck
mad cats are for sissys :D
gotta use the kit fox baby

oh ya the sluggo(or should it be called exslug)
looks pretty darn sweet :)

Skoad
02-19-2003, 05:32 PM
that is one ugly setup

personman
02-19-2003, 05:38 PM
Mad cats are cool.. I like thors :)
I think it looks pretty neat.. the slug that is :p

nuclear zombie
02-19-2003, 05:39 PM
yeah the scanner does make it look kinda crappy , wait unitl I get some real pictures tomorrow . I also have another rail on the way that I'm going to have milled to match .

Actually I hardly ever use the mad cat , I like how it looks but when it comes to playing ( mechassault ) I prefer the bowman , and the uzeil .

dropkick1
02-19-2003, 05:41 PM
i like it a lot, its jsut the rail and vertical adaptor don't really match it at all.

ken

FESTUS33
02-19-2003, 05:41 PM
Nice Job! what type of machine did you do that on?
And how long did it take you to finish?
Rick:eek:

Will Wood
02-19-2003, 05:46 PM
Fireman? I think.. those things rocked. You couldn't hit em! Too damn small. (for those who played the original Mercs... the BEST mech game. Better then all the others combined, and probably more mechs in the game then the others combined...)

Jerhew
02-19-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by nuclear zombie
Actually I hardly ever use the mad cat , I like how it looks but when it comes to playing ( mechassault ) I prefer the bowman , and the uzeil .

ya the kit fox is the bowman's little brother :)
mechassault rocks
sorry...got off topic a bit

personman
02-19-2003, 05:54 PM
I played the origional mercs.. hell I played the origional mechwarrior 1 that was in that battle tech game pack or whatever the hell it was called.. man that was ghetto and I was kind of too small to understand (pre school :) ) but I remember running around the play ground pretending I was a shadow cat :p

You gotta love the elemental, best mech EVAR!!
Ive played all of them I think, MW1, MW2 and all the expantion packs, I played MW3 a couple times none of the expantions, and I played MW4 and I dont have any of the expantions but my brother has like all of them up in his room, the clan and IS expantion packs along with another one.. err lol I cant remember
Its been too long sence ive played a mech warrior game.. I did play mechassault on my friends xbox, and it was pretty fun..

PolishSausage
02-19-2003, 06:09 PM
looks like it would be pretty easy to snap that valve off, it also doesn't look inline with the rest of the body...

nuclear zombie
02-19-2003, 06:35 PM
I'm kinda worried about the rail being cut off so short on the back (it was like that when i got it )the rail will be added to a box of junk, I'll have a new one next week . It's going to be milled to match the body, as for the sluggo a local machine shop did the work ,it took them about 2 weeks. It only cost $60 for the mill/lathe work, drilling and tapping for ball detents.

Temo Vryce
02-19-2003, 08:13 PM
The body looks good and that was a pretty good idea using the Scanner as a pseudo camera.

Personally I preffer a Clan Daishi myself.

*ArKfEaR*
02-19-2003, 10:38 PM
uh, its beutiful :rolleyes:

AlabamaMan
02-20-2003, 01:08 AM
I love how the scanner made the valve look square

nuclear zombie
02-25-2003, 08:54 PM
here is a better picture:

nuclear zombie
02-25-2003, 08:55 PM
and another:

Mossman
02-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Sucka needs some polishing, the machine marks take away from it, but it's a sweet design bro. I LIEK it a lot.

Dude, see how your shop would feel about doing a big batch of similar slugs. I'm sure a lot of people are fed up with the wait for the cuzdom sluggo's, maybe you could organize a group to get theirs milled at your place and make a few bucks in the process :)

personman
02-25-2003, 09:27 PM
Yeah thats really nice!
But that high rise totally takes away from the beauty :(

nicad
02-26-2003, 01:43 AM
im sorry, but if thats the quality of finishing people are expecting, I could have been pumping out slugs for weeks now. :-/

whoever did it, get them to polish it up.. no machine marks allowed! :)

AGD
02-26-2003, 03:24 AM
NICE!! Thats what we were thinking when we did the slugs, peeps would make their own design.

AGD

Mossman
02-26-2003, 10:03 AM
[/butthead]Tom Said Peeps
[/beavis]hehe...hehehhehehehhe[beavis]
huhuhuhuhuhuhuhu[butthead]

TheTramp
02-26-2003, 10:49 AM
That's quite the high-rise you've got on there! :eek: ;)

I'd like to see a pic with the valve so we can see how it matches in the back.

shartley
02-26-2003, 11:25 AM
Well….. that is really not my style, but if it makes YOU happy, that is what matters.

Now you just need some custom grips for that Z-Grip. :)

Krazy Ivan
02-26-2003, 12:22 PM
Dude, invest in a new scanner, one with CCD so it can do 3d objects, cause I looked at the first pic, where it looked like crap, and I was like, Ouch, what the hell happend. However you were redeemed with the actual camera pic. The only thing is, the rail still looked like crap that short...
I don't know bro, I wouldn't have the valve hang off the butt of the gun like that. All personal preference tho.. whatever gets off your rocket I guess.

nuclear zombie
02-27-2003, 07:28 AM
I already have a new rail for it , I'm taking it to the machine shop today . I'm just having it trimmed on the sides to match the body . As for the body, yes it still has a long way to go , once I am done it won't have a single machining mark, and the whole gun will be annodized a gloss black.