PDA

View Full Version : new mag....

Mr.Minus
02-20-2003, 09:49 AM
ok well i just received my new mag in the mail, and im wondering if its safe to run on co2, i got a little 4 ounce bottle.... its gonna be on a bottomline line run through a bunch of hoses to the valve...
is there anything i should know if i do run it on co2??? heard soemwhere that you should never shoot it down...is that true?

digitard
02-20-2003, 10:00 AM
Hey,
If its a classic mag then yes you can run it on Co2 .. but if its a 4oz tank prepare to refill it a lot.

If its an RT based mag, then its HPA only ...

If you have a bottomline/expansion chamber you should be okay ... I recommend putting an expansion chamber on so you dont get liquid in the valve if you hold it downward.

Honestly though, you can buy a 68/3000 steel tank in the "AIR SYSTEMS" forum for like 70 bucks .. that will greatly improve the consistancy of the mag and gets ya away from co2.

Sincerely,
Dave K

FalconGuy016
02-20-2003, 10:01 AM
If you can, try to run your 4 oz vertically in the vertical adaptor if you have one. If liquid c02 gets into the valve it will freeze the active orings in teh valve and make it stop working. It can even damage the valve. I reccomend if you are going to use c02 to get an anti-siphon bottle, expansion chamber OR a palmer stabilzer (reccomended if you can afford it). If the valve you are using is retro valve then you cant use c02 at all.

Your best bet for now that requires no money is to use the 4 oz vertically, keeps the liquid towards the bottom

HOWEVER refrain from pointing the bottom in any direction but down!

Mr.Minus
02-20-2003, 10:06 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=624808

that is what i got, it would go in the bottomline... im fine right??? im gettting a new tank:
http://www.airamerica.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=33
that one :) :) :)
its all good, gonna be sweet

all i dont have in the 3.5 ounce is a antisyphon

FalconGuy016
02-20-2003, 12:16 PM
as long as you get that tank soon you should be fine