PDA

View Full Version : Bunkhouses for Splatt 2

datapimp69
02-20-2003, 10:50 AM
i just talked to the owner of EMR.

for every 20 ao'er that register we can get our own bunkhouse.

so what i want to know is do you guys want to stay in them for free or at hotels?

i will orgnize this if we want to stay in one. so let me know.

just to let you know the bunk houses are plain buildings with std bunks 3 high, but did i mention they are FREE.. so anyone tight on $$$ this helps out a lot.

FutureMagOwner
02-20-2003, 10:57 AM
probably not if i can go i aparently snore(i dont believe it) i wouldnt want to annoy anyone besides my room is already like a bunkhouse so...

digitard
02-20-2003, 11:34 AM
I would have to see a lil more into the year (like June) ... just depends on what my estimated funds will be and who I bring with me from Arizona!

Sincerely,
Dave K

LittMag
02-20-2003, 11:49 AM
General Warning to those who stay in the bunkhouses.

1. Don't count on a mattress... the majority of the bunks have mattresses, but not all.

2. Bathrooms consist of port-a-pottys, so at night bring a flashlight, and don't use the one on the left.

3. My roommate arrived at night, it had rained the day before so there were puddles everywhere... bring a flashlight.

4. They're not so bad considering they're FREE, just make sure you reserve early.

5. No showers, closest shower a few minutes away and costs 3 bucks at some campground.

6. If you don't get a bunkhouse, make reservations for a motel quick. They're small and get booked quicklike.

Skoad
02-20-2003, 12:19 PM
im confused, where is all the splatt 2 info? like location, costs, dates?!

LittMag
02-20-2003, 12:33 PM
http://www.emrpaintball.com/spplat.html

for more info

Jerhew
02-20-2003, 03:47 PM
as i mentioned in the other thread...
even if there are mattresses, don't use them
most of them have bugs
i took a blow up futon mattress and cut it in half...
each half fits perfectly in the bunk
also
i'd suggest bringing some folding chairs for inside the bunk
and by they way
you can't buy beer in new milford(town ordnance or something)
so if you plan on havin' a couple saturday night(we usually
have more than a couple :D )
bring it with you
usually there is some beer pong in the rec center at night
obviously no drinking during the games tho

im kinda surprised the game is on a sunday...
that makes it difficult to get back for work on monday
(guess ill be taking off friday and monday :) )

usually we sit by the campfire and tell stories about the game on saturday night...maybe blue will let us stay an extra day

Archangel Damien
02-20-2003, 03:47 PM
i`ll stay in a bunk house:D

Muzikman
02-20-2003, 07:28 PM
The gameis on Sunday because 98% of US Americans have off Monday (It's Labor Day). I made the mistake of not knowing this last year and booked my flight home on Sunday, missed out on all the Chicago fun.

Sorry, no bunk house for me. As much as i love the out doors and camping, I need easy access to a very warm, very clean shower after playing.;)

I'm evening thinking of staying up north and driving in. Not sure if it's a smart idea, but at least there are "REAL" hotels;)

Jerhew
02-20-2003, 07:59 PM
oohh yaa
i forgot it was labor day weekend
i didnt make the connection that the end of August brings the beginning of Sept. :p

if you stay in Binghamton it's not a bad ride in from there...I drive through there on the way down from Buffalo..
I think it's about 30-40min from Binghamton to New Milford