PDA

View Full Version : Why the E-Mag over Matrix

soaklord
02-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Both guns seem to be quality, except that i can't find very much info on the Matrix. If anyone knows, it's all da boyz and girlz on AO!

yeahthatsme
02-20-2003, 09:37 PM
try www.thematrixcenter.com

LaW
02-20-2003, 10:12 PM
more like Matrix over Emag :) I would do it but don't want to go through the process of selling and buying :)

jayel579
02-20-2003, 10:32 PM
i have heard that the matrix is a gas hog, just uses alot of air. anyone else know about this?

funny thing i noticed, it sounds like the jetsons car when you shot it.

magking1971
02-20-2003, 10:36 PM
This answer is easy, what feels better in your hands when your shooting?
When you find out buy that one:D

LaW
02-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by jayel579
i have heard that the matrix is a gas hog, just uses alot of air. anyone else know about this?

funny thing i noticed, it sounds like the jetsons car when you shot it.

Yeah it eats gas, but not so much more than some mags i've owned... The sound is awesome ;)

$tevo
02-20-2003, 11:12 PM
both great guns..but if you have the money for a Xmag, then i would deffinitally wait and get one of those

soaklord
02-21-2003, 04:50 PM
That's just it, I am leaning towards the X-Mag Stevo, was really impressed when I got to see Tom fire his at Last Blast, but never got to fire one and haven't done anything more than hold a Mag prior. Am going to try to hook up with the 'Mag'gots at SC village tomorrow and see if someone will be kind enough to let me touch their baby. I can get an X-mag fairly quickly by having it sent to a cousin in England and ordering off the AGD-Europe site, but am not sure how the charger would work if they run on 220v. I have NEVER seen any Matrix on the field and don't know anyone with a Matrix, just know that they are supposedly incredibly fast & accurate, incredibly quiet, and require a lot of upkeep.

$tevo
02-21-2003, 08:07 PM
i hear greate things bout both guns. but i love mags, and i love the look of the xmag. it has the ACE and lvl10, so it shouldnt ever chop.If i had the money i would go for a xmag in a sec.

K-villeplayer
02-21-2003, 09:12 PM
Here's the stuff about a Matrix: Yes they are little gas hogs. That can be remidied (sp) with a bolt kit, either from Aardvark, or Thematrixcenter. With a bolt kit, they get roughly 1100 to 1200 shots off a 68/45. As for the upkeep, they have a lot of o-rings. It is usually very easy to diagnose where the leak is coming from, and it is mainly from not oiling it properly. Just like every other gun, oil it after every use.
The Matrix is a tad on the heavy side, but coming from using an emag with warp (i made that jump) it wasn't bad at all. It is insanley fast, and the trigger is very easy to walk. Most Matrix owners will tell you that it is more accurate, but as we all know, it is paint to barrel match. I will say that with a front reg, and good inline reg, the matrix IS VERY CONSISTENT over the chrono.
As for teams that use them, Trauma (now Boston Trauma), Ground Zero is about to make a switch to them, and the SC Ironmen use them.
If you need any other help with one, don't hesitate to PM, or ask on here.

Andrew

warpfeedmod
02-21-2003, 09:22 PM
Gas consumption: Approximately 1250 shots per 88 c.i. tank
Rate of Fire: "CONFIDENTIAL" (The gun has no equal in this category at the time of this writing)

meaning it's not as good as the mag?

K-villeplayer
02-21-2003, 10:19 PM
Who knows why they put confidential. I can tell you that the Gun 20 chip (this comes with the bolt kits that i mentioned before) is capped at 25, once it reaches that, the gun will sputter, and then resume normal firing. I live near Paintball Central home field to Trauma, and TheMatrixCenter, and Daniel, one of the techs there has fanned the trigger to 25, at which point the above happens.

A.T.S
02-21-2003, 11:27 PM
Which matrix will give you the best bang for the buck performance wise? Do they have an ace?

Havoc_online
02-21-2003, 11:40 PM
I live near Paintball Central home field to Trauma, and TheMatrixCenter, and Daniel, one of the techs there has fanned the trigger to 25
I REALLY doubt that.:rolleyes:

SirOssis
02-22-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by A.T.S
Which matrix will give you the best bang for the buck performance wise? Do they have an ace?

Stock LED then upgrade the bolt and get an LPR(front reg).

No ACE available and with a properly set LPR the bolt will bounce off a ball thats not properly seated or fully loaded.

Ov3rmind
02-22-2003, 01:29 AM
As of now, several companies are working on an ACE for the Trix though (they should be out before the Summer).

I've only seen one Trix at my field ever, and I jumped at the opportunity to try it out. After running some paint through it, it has become my favorite gun. There is almost no kick at all (the only gun I've ever shot that has kick as low as my Cocker), it is very quiet (may not really effect performance, but it's nice to have), very consistant, and incredibly fast (as in, I could shoot this gun faster than any other one I've ever held).

Stock, they are horrible gas hogs. However, a bolt kit can bring the efficiency up to my minimum standards (further mods can make it a little better too). Once again, companies are working on even better bolt kits right now that should give the Matrix better than average efficiency. Honestly, it's size/weight didn't bother me one bit. It's still nowhere near a Shocker in that department (I'd feel comfortable playing the tape with one). It is rather leak prone if you don't lube the bolt right, but leaks are about 95% of problems that the Matrix can have (not to mention, if you know which o rings do what, you can fix any Matrix leak in under 4 minutes).

This Summer, I'm trying to decide between a Freeflow Matrix or a Viking (Sonic Bushy and Hybrid are also considerations, but they just are a tad behind).

ShowTime
02-22-2003, 08:25 AM
i barrowed my buddy trix for 2 days didnt like it 1 bit:( i mean its a easy gun to main tain il give it that 1 oring fixes most probs but it felt very unbalanced with a haloB on it get the e-mag lvl-10 rocks imo

DryIce
02-22-2003, 09:21 AM
Id say get a matrix
theres a reason I own 2 :)

K-villeplayer
02-22-2003, 10:42 AM
I REALLY doubt that.

You may believe what you may. I'm not saying that he was actually shooting paintballs at this time, but the LCD trix has a b.p.s. counter on it. This will tell you the highest points that you hit while the gun has been turned on. This is not to say that he sat there for 10 seconds at 25 bps, but at one point he hit that mark, and the gun sputtered, then resumed firing. No i don't have a video camera, or sound whatever to prove it, i don't quite have access to that equipment, so you can believe what you want. Take me at my word, or discard it, all i'm saying is what i have seen on the LCD display.

Andrew

ffcocker
02-22-2003, 01:57 PM
then its 25 cps not bps bps is with paint

K-villeplayer
02-22-2003, 01:59 PM
That's not to say that it couldn't go 25 bps, it is what the board is capped at. Put a hopper or loader like the warp or halo on it, and it very well could go 25 bps.

Andrew

painball
02-22-2003, 09:19 PM
This reminds me of earlier today I wen to Warped Sportz KC for the first time (I dont get out too much:rolleyes: ) And I was lookin at some guys matrix that was layin on the counter. I wasn't sure what it was. Body resembling an angel without all that milling and other crap. Yea. But the trigger looked nice. I also can't diss that red anno, eggII, and lice tank that gun had. It made my mag look like a pussy. eeeek! BTW, anyone know that this gun is? A kid was having his tuned. It looked round like a mag body but fatter, black, double trigger, the dude was walking the trigger pretty fast(I'd say at least 10bps). That's all I know. I think I've seen one in a magazine before.

Havoc_online
02-23-2003, 03:05 AM
K-villeplayer

As far as I know and have heard the counter on the board is similar to the counter on the Angel. It doesnt average your speed or read the speed for a whole second. It gives you the rate of your two fastest shots(which throws everything off).

My comment was not to suggest that the marker could not do 25cps, it was that someone fanned the trigger that fast.