PDA

View Full Version : My truck got stolen .. **SAD DAY**

digitard
02-21-2003, 11:45 AM
Well,
I got it back .. but its not driveable now.... here's the story.

Phone rang at 1:30am last night and an officer asked me if my vehicle was still in the parking lot, so I checked and sure enough it was gone. They told me it was found and they would want me to come check it out, so I got a ride to the location.

Turns out someone stole it ... they stole the stereo... but they also damaged one of the doors, and broke my ignition and apparently used a screwdriver to start it so the ignition is COMPLETELY damaged and I cant even get my key in the vehicle.

My insurance deductable is 500 bucks, which I dont have ... so now I have no car.

This sucks ... I was all about to buy a new 68/3K Fiber tank for my Emag and now this ... BLAH TO THE WORLD!

Sincerely,
Dave K

Ultimator
02-21-2003, 11:46 AM
Damn that sucks big ones bro. You're not quitting pball are you?

digitard
02-21-2003, 11:51 AM
no, i wouldn't quit ...

Dave

spazzed
02-21-2003, 12:18 PM
Damn dude, you're havin' some hella-crappy luck over the last month or so :(..

Keep your spirits up, all will be well...

If you're feeling down, just take a gander at your roomate ;)

digitard
02-21-2003, 12:31 PM
hehe, i knew someone would say that ....

Yeah my luck has SERIOUSLY sucked lately ... but it can only get better, hopefully its one of those "endure the hardships to get to the goodness" type things.

I'll live ... just no new tank or ballin' for a bit for me

Sincerely,
Dave K

spazzed
02-21-2003, 12:37 PM
Glad I could be of assistance ;)

Yeah, that's the way you gotta look at it.. couple months from now, you'll look back & be like "Dayum, that wasn't so bad... if only I could find the bastage, I'd cram a rotting monkey up his arse and make him eat fecal matter ala baby."

Something like that... :D

digitard
02-21-2003, 12:43 PM
Oh yeah, morons left fingerprints all over the door and steering column ... I had it fingerprinted so we'll see about that :)

Sincerely,
Dave K

RetroEclipseMan
02-21-2003, 02:15 PM
That totally sucks man. My car was broken into twice last year and it really sucks. Luckily you found some finger prints. The first time my car was broken into the cops wouldn't even come out to my house, even though 5 other cars were broken into in the same night right by my house and they even left half smoked cigarettes in the cars. I hope you catch the people that did this and make them pay.

spazzed
02-21-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by digitard
Oh yeah, morons left fingerprints all over the door and steering column ... I had it fingerprinted so we'll see about that :)

Sincerely,
Dave K

The stupidity of some people is simply amazing :D

digitard
02-21-2003, 02:47 PM
Yeah,
And the clerk who called the police at the Circle K where they left the car said they drove a black Blazer with those "reverse" rims .. so its not like they're driving inconspicuous..lol

Anyone have an extra 68/3000 Fiber tank they're willing to part with if I pay for it in a few weeks when I have money?

Sincerely
Dave K

Automaggin2
02-21-2003, 03:16 PM
http://autos.msn.com/advice/standardart.aspx?contentid=4019913&src=msn

Phoenix is the the number one area for car thefts. Man that stinks. you live in Scottsdale right?

digitard
02-21-2003, 03:22 PM
Yup, i live in Scottsdale ... sorta in the middle of Scottsdale, Phoenix and Tempe

Dave

Automaggin2
02-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Yea, im actualy suprised that theft is that big over there. I was in Tempe in early januarary for the Fiesta Bowl (go bucks!) and the city looked extremly clean and didnt look "ghetto" to me.

digitard
02-21-2003, 05:12 PM
Scottsdale and Tempe aren't ghetto at all .. they're VERY nice and very clean. But the crappy parts of Phoenix are nearby, so a few miles outside the city border there's some ghettoness ... thats why car theft is so high because you've got these extremely nice areas like Tempe and Scottsdale bordering the south central Phoenix area and thats where the problems arise since we have some kick *** freeways that you can get anywhere from Phoenix in 10mins.

Sincerely,
Dave

El Gallo Negro
02-21-2003, 07:01 PM
WTF??!!! That phuCk3N sucks major a$$...

Well let me know when they find those a-holes that did this to ya man and well go puck ehm up!

I hope this doesn't stop you from ballin?

-Luis

Mango
02-21-2003, 07:01 PM
Dave,

I'm so sorry to hear that!!! Glad the police found it for you though!

Keep your chin up, you'll get it all fixed and running again soon. And get an alarm system and have it professionally installed! It can be at least a great deterent. Thieves two worst enemies are Time and Noise! BOTH of which a good alarm system can create.

nouseforaname
02-21-2003, 07:55 PM
I feel your pain ... I was robbed at gunpoint in the nyc today ... the jerk only got 10 bucks tho

Fatjon
02-21-2003, 10:33 PM
Man that really sucks hope you catch the people or person who did this.

Nouse- wtf i could be scared as hell

tr0n
02-22-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by spazzed
if only I could find the bastage, I'd cram a rotting monkey up his arse and make him eat fecal matter ala baby."

Something like that... :D

LOL!!!

Blazestorm
02-22-2003, 03:22 AM
I hate ao... know why? Makes me wanna give stuff away! :D

I have this 68/3000 flatline sitting in my room getting no use, so I figure "Ah hell, digitard's a good guy, I'll lend it to him" I feel for you bro, it sucks riding with retroeclipseman and not having a radio, the drone of his volkswagon gets annoying after a while... Just kidding :p

send me your address and I'll send it out monday :)

digitard
02-22-2003, 02:02 PM
Thanks so much!

Lol at least he can drive the vehicle ... when they found my truck it was basically destroyed. Some body damage (knocked off my mirrors and stuff) and the ignition is COMPLETELY destroyed. Sucks ... but hopefully they'll declare my truck scrap metal cause of all the damage and I can use the few bucks from that to put a down payment on another vehicle, possibly one with AN ALARM...lol .. that'd be nice **dreams**

PM'd ya....

Sincerely,
Dave K

CRASHKING
02-22-2003, 02:11 PM
whats the deductable for? fix the truck or get it replaced?

if its to get a new one i'd sell the emag,i'd rather drive than walk