PDA

View Full Version : *** Site Changes ***

Webmaster
02-21-2003, 11:52 AM
Through the day I will be making a few site changes.

We are absorbing the tech round table in to deep blue.

We are creating a new forum called "AO Meed & Greet" so you can find players in your area, hook up for events, and make your own or learn about official AO get togethers.

And we are making a new forum for all you die hard Scenario players!

I will be making these changes as time allows me today - so bear with me if you see something move or disapper for a bit. Dont worry - it should be all finished by tonight.

Also - we will be making an announcement with iron clad rules reguarding sig images (and perhaps a general rule reminder). That MAY be done today - or this weekend - but I will stick the announcment when I am ready. I need to check a few things first.

OK so -questions - comments - put them here. Talk to you soon!

JEDI
02-21-2003, 11:58 AM
A scenario forum huh? Do we get a Tourney forum for us Hardcore speed freaks?

magman007
02-21-2003, 12:04 PM
jedi, i hear you, yet i also need to remind you, that tourny players make up 3 percent of the general paintball population. There fore, olny 3 percent of this board. Which means, it would not be all that "profitable"(not the word i want to use, but i cant think of another one to fit there) for AGD and AO to incorporate a tourny players section.

I for one would love one, a place to speak about my experiences in my south american tourny's and to speak with others. It could also be a good place to learn for others considering the tourny scene, but i doubt we will see it any time soon.

Good luck webby, have fun! and thank you for all of this! Thank you webby, tom and all of AGD for a new face lift to my little internet family.

Webmaster
02-21-2003, 12:31 PM
well - i got the forums figured out - now working on sig image guidlines...

if shartley reads this - email me please

mister44@interkan.net

BTAutoMag
02-21-2003, 01:25 PM
so what is the restrictions on the sig image. is mine fine?

Thordic
02-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Webby -

A few of us, including Shartley, were talking today in the chat room about sig images and such, and we had an idea.

Obviously, people want to use images. But they can get big, annoying, etc.

Our solution was this.

No images allowed in signatures. I believe you can turn it off in the admin control panel.

Enable avatars, with a 7K limit.

Avatars allow people to have a picture, but it is first off MUCH smaller, and secondly, its out of the way. Its on teh side, and theres nothing over there for it to interfere with.

I think it'd be a nice way to allow people to still keep some sort of picture in their posts, but cut down immensely on abuse of sig images.

Also, signatures should be limited to three lines or somewhere around there.

Just an idea.

Riotz
02-21-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
Webby -

A few of us, including Shartley, were talking today in the chat room about sig images and such, and we had an idea.

Obviously, people want to use images. But they can get big, annoying, etc.

Our solution was this.

No images allowed in signatures. I believe you can turn it off in the admin control panel.

Enable avatars, with a 7K limit.

Avatars allow people to have a picture, but it is first off MUCH smaller, and secondly, its out of the way. Its on teh side, and theres nothing over there for it to interfere with.I said that 10 years ago when they first moved over to the new forum script.

shartley
02-21-2003, 02:02 PM
Yes, but we were also talking about what would be ideal…. Can you imagine the ruckus and withdrawals that would be caused by trying to implement those requirements? LOL

MantisMag
02-21-2003, 02:06 PM
i think a height limit would be the most important thing for the sigs. i think about 100 pixels tall plus three lines of text should be the maximum.

cphilip
02-21-2003, 02:09 PM
All the options you are mentioning were discussed... And are on the table at this point.

Webmaster
02-21-2003, 02:50 PM
we discuessed turning on avatars - but we do know how you like to customize your sigs... and thats fine - its just many of you get out of hand. We are going to try one more time to bring it around - if not we will kill the sigs good bye.

Will try to post the new rules by the end of the day - but i am typing them up while I work so... you know...

Ultimator
02-21-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Riotz
I said that 10 years ago when they first moved over to the new forum script. You registered less than 2 years ago?