PDA

View Full Version : 65 deceased and 132 in hospital in RI

The Frymarker
02-21-2003, 01:59 PM
I couldn't believe what I heard this morning.

Apparently at a local bar in West Warwick, there was a concert given by 80's rock band White Snake. The band lit sparklers and the back stage csught on fire.

Everyone ran towrds the front door exit blocking a lot of people in. With in 2 minutes the entire bar was engulfed in flames.

So far the death toll is 65, there are also 132 people in RI hospital with burns and smoke inhilation.

My heart goes out to all those directly involved and indirectly.

Thordic
02-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Apparently the band didn't even tell the club they had pyrotechnics.

They did the same thing at the Stone Pony recently, but no one was hurt luckily. Stone Pony management said they found out about the pyrotechnics when they started going off mid-show.

This wasn't a case of the club operating illegally or against fire code.

The band was dumb, its their fault. I hope everyone who survived makes out ok.

RetroEclipseMan
02-21-2003, 02:09 PM
Yeah, Seriously. I heard about it on the news and couldn't believe it. I hope that whoever decided to light those sparlers off gets in some serious trouble. My heart goes out to all the families who lost loved ones.

The Frymarker
02-21-2003, 02:10 PM
Well what they are saying locally is the bar owner did know and charges will follow. However this is from a news source and the news around here I have noticed has a tendency to exaggerate the truth.

The bar was up to code however it didn't have sprinkler systems.

Any pyrotechnics in the state of RI are against the law, unless legally licensed, which they weren't.

It is a real tradgedy and shame.

Vendetta
02-21-2003, 03:03 PM
They are saying its 85 now. The NY Times says the band was Great White, not White Snake.

The Frymarker
02-21-2003, 04:20 PM
Oops I knew it had something with White in it.

:(

FutureMagOwner
02-21-2003, 05:10 PM
well last night at about 12:30 they were at the sceen interviewing the lead singer and he said he could find one of his guitarists and that they asked if they could do pyrotechnics and the guy said it was cool.

fire1811
02-21-2003, 05:13 PM
actually its ATLEAST 95 dead now and it dont look good
here's link for all ur disaster needs

http://firehouse.com/

yeahthatsme
02-21-2003, 05:47 PM
my thoughts go out to those who are injured and the family and friends of those who died, and i wish swift action against the bar owners and the band for this blatant show of stupidity :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

pbguy888
02-21-2003, 06:51 PM
Dont they think one of the people in the band died too?

fire1811
02-21-2003, 08:29 PM
nah i dont think so
but not for sure

EsPo
02-21-2003, 11:06 PM
according to a radio station ".... the folks who didnt make it out within thirty seconds didnt have a prayer..." :(

FESTUS33
02-21-2003, 11:47 PM
96 Confirmed Dead:(
Guitarist still missing:(
My Heart goes out too all those who are Lost.
Investigation Will Determine Who's Responsible.
In R.I. the Law say's this is 2nd Degree Murder.
Rick :(

Krazy Ivan
02-21-2003, 11:47 PM
It's up to 96 people gone now, and around 180 injured in various hospitals, and 80 confirmed ok, now If I know my math, that's well over the 300 people limit on the club. I live about 20 minutes away from rhode island, and about 30 minutes from the club. My heart goes out to the families involved, it's a horrific accident, that shouldn't of happend.

And to answer your other question, yes, the one of the guitarists of Great White died, one of his friends had been quoted, "He was doing what he loved, playing music." He had been with the band 3 years.