PDA

View Full Version : Mardi Gras Open Underwater!

Scooter/Cootie
02-21-2003, 03:27 PM
I just checked out Warpig's writeup of the MGO. It looks like they've gotten about 4 inches of rain on today alone and are expecting to get more tomorrow. :eek: Makes me glad we chose to play at Skyball instead this year. :p

Check out the article below:
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/mardigras/2003/index.shtml

I love this!
"The DYE field seemed to be suffering most when games were called on account of the weather. It presented a unique sight as players walking the field would create waves that sent the bunkers bobbing. " :p :p :p

This pics kinda small but watch out for the body surfers!

omni
02-21-2003, 03:30 PM
yikes!

At least they have rain ... and not SNOW!

omni
02-21-2003, 03:36 PM
"5 man play was delayed for one hour to allow a chance for the lightning storm to pass - the delay was to be extended if needed for player safety. Memories of the last Dallas NPPL tournament were brought up by a number of players."

Would anyone care to fill me on this?

cphilip
02-21-2003, 03:56 PM
Good thing we got all them life preservers stationed all over the field! Hang in there are the storms are supposed to blow through there tonight and it should be nicer by end of day tomorrow...muddy I bet though. Yuck!

Clare
02-21-2003, 03:58 PM
who needs sliding, when you can swim to your bunker!!

Python14
02-21-2003, 04:01 PM
I wonder if they had life guards on duty?

Dayspring
02-21-2003, 04:02 PM
It's a good thing they allowed the lightning storm to pass over. Automags are made out of stainless steel. :eek:

oldsoldier
02-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Well, lotsa bounces...that actually looks kinda fun!!

Army
02-21-2003, 04:10 PM
LOL! "Synchronized Swimming Competition"~!!!!

Python14
02-21-2003, 04:14 PM
REF! REF! That player is throwing fish. EJECT HIM!

Blennidae
02-21-2003, 04:15 PM
I guess mechanical markers will have the advantage, or at the least, piece of mind.

P.S. Go Team AO!:D

cphilip
02-21-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Blennidae
I guess mechanical markers will have the advantage, or at the least, piece of mind.

P.S. Go Team AO!:D

Exactly why I always keep an RT Pro around... Its a good "Mudder" :D

paint magnet
02-21-2003, 05:03 PM
How about the WDP girls in a wrestling match vs. the Dye/ KAPP girls? :D

Heck, mags can even shoot underwater so they dont have to worry about rain. I wonder if you shoot the surface of the water at an angle if it will bounce?

Python14
02-21-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by paint magnet

I would give my money to see that. I would my kidney to officiate it. I would give both of my kidneys to participate, ya know?

Oddball
02-22-2003, 12:10 AM
I really don't know many details about it but I have heard a few things. I guess back in maybe 97 or 98, one of the NPPL tourys was in Dallas. It rained really bad and the fields got very muddy. This was before the concept fields of today and one of the fields was on the side of a hill. One flag station on top and one on the bottom. Every team that started on the top won. I wasn't there but that what i heard about it.

xen_100
02-22-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by paint magnet

Heck, mags can even shoot underwater so they dont have to worry about rain. I wonder if you shoot the surface of the water at an angle if it will bounce?

sounds good to me!

actually it will........I have skipped paint off lakes and puddles many times!

PsychoBaller
02-22-2003, 03:30 AM
Underwater paintball.... scuba gear, and each paintball has its own set o propellers to jet itself through the water like a torpedo... Guns will have to be vacuum tight...

~da "sometimes is an idiot, if not always" baller