PDA

View Full Version : GA/ATL Players Head count!

personman
02-21-2003, 03:53 PM
I have seen ALOT of players from Georgia lately, and I wanted to see where you all play and stuff..
I live in North Fulton County, in Dunwoody..
I play at Georgia Paintball 2.0, with a Green Micro E-mag..
How about you guys?

Fatjon
02-21-2003, 04:04 PM
I live in warner Robins. Play at a field called gotballz it is a small rec field with a couple AOers running around it. http://gotballz.net/

boomerfoxtrot
02-21-2003, 06:39 PM
I'm the Dan's Land kid =]

I live in "Stockbridge Area" ... and shoot a GZ Timmy.. I'll get pix up soon.. I promise 8-)

pbguy888
02-21-2003, 06:42 PM
I was born in Winder , and lived in Stockbridge. I go to my grandparents house in Athens alot , would be cool to play with some of yall!

land hurricane
02-21-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Fatjon
I live in warner Robins. Play at a field called gotballz it is a small rec field with a couple AOers running around it. http://gotballz.net/

me too. I've been meaning to get to one of the GA AO shoots but havent been able to. I'll should be able to go to one soon though.

I shoot a RT Mag, Pics attahced (old one tho. i now have LX, better macro line, and AA barrel)

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/now%20x%20im%20x%20nthng/Automag+RT.jpg

TigerMan
02-21-2003, 09:13 PM
I live in Cobb County and play at GA Paintball 2.0. I use a green and chrome C&C Angel LCD.

xmetal2001
02-21-2003, 09:19 PM
When I play, I play at Georgia Paintball 2.0. I've been so busy shooting(undefeated season so far) lately though! It takes up all my time.

I shoot a Matrix.

Lone Wolf2
02-21-2003, 11:07 PM
I live in Dalton with TAG and i play at www.regulatorsoutpost.com with my lovely girl friend- My angel.

AcemanPB
02-21-2003, 11:13 PM
I live and Warner Robins, and play with fatjon and hurricane... yup

maginator
02-21-2003, 11:21 PM
I live in Roswell and can play 2.0, Arkenstone, and mostly Ultimate paintball in canton. I will be there sunday the 23rd for bring your own paint. 20 for field pass and all day air. Plese come i will kicking arse with my Triked with a capital T automag. My name is matt. You can go to www.ultimatepaintballgeorgia.com

Trench
02-21-2003, 11:38 PM
Stockbridge! I will be shooting DocterSotx's Tribal here shortly... Hehe...

boomerfoxtrot
02-23-2003, 10:09 AM
Here is a LIST of players, and idea of where they are live... IF You could, please post IM and/or email. So if someone wants to get a game up, they can get ahold of you!

North GA VCK

North Atlanta
personman: Dunwoody
TigerMan: Cobb County
xmetal2001: Cobb County
maginator: Roswell

North East Atlanta

South Atlanta
Boomerfoxtrot: Stockbridge -IM: boomerfoxtrot
Trench: Stockbridge
Devil

South Macon
Fatjon: Warner Robins
land hurricane: Warner Robins
AcemanPB: Warner Robins

Fatjon
02-23-2003, 10:29 AM
Um boomer, AcemanPB lives in warner robins

AcemanPB
02-23-2003, 11:04 AM
Yeah I live right down the street from land hurricane :)

boomerfoxtrot
02-23-2003, 08:03 PM
hahaha... better?

AcemanPB
02-23-2003, 09:50 PM
Yes, much better.

Are we planning any AO meets/games anytime soon I for one could do something this weekend or the next and have plenty of money I could burn on some paint.

boomerfoxtrot
02-23-2003, 10:11 PM
this weekend I'll be gone... how about two sundays from today?

AcemanPB
02-23-2003, 11:13 PM
March 9th? I'll try to see if I can get that date cleared, would we be playing at Dan's Land?

maginator
02-24-2003, 04:54 PM
where are we going to be playing?? and if we are where is it relative to north east atlanta.

land hurricane
02-24-2003, 05:52 PM
hey ace man, you think if you go i could get a ride?

boomerfoxtrot
02-24-2003, 06:42 PM
Dan's Land is the best place I've come across... it's cheep.. just ask Jonesie... =]

it's off I75, exit 205...

we could do March 15... that would give everyone plently of time to work out stuff to make it..

AcemanPB
02-24-2003, 06:52 PM
The field me and a few others play at is fairly cheap

(10 dollars for all day nitro and paint ranging from 45-64 a case)

And also if we get enough of people we could rent out the field I guess but we would have to get atleat 17-20 people.

website is www.gotballz.net

It is a little smaller than Dans's Land, and isn't a true "field" I guess (it's only open every other saturday) It's really just a non profit field run by a few local guys that just want to play paintball (any money they make goes back into the field). Although recently we have been seeing 50+ people regulary coming out to the field, and we have netting up now and several new speedball fields.

Fatjon
02-24-2003, 06:59 PM
I know of 4 people from AO that shoots at this field and if we get probably about 12 people he will rent it out for us on a Sunday. he is doing for a private group this sat. so i guess he would do it for us. And the owner shoots a mag too.

boomerfoxtrot
02-24-2003, 10:31 PM
maybe Trench, Devil and myself can come down sometime...
but really it's a long drive down there for anyone on the North side...

Dan's land is in the middle..

we were doing GA Paintball 2.0.. but that cost to much..

I spent $300 when we had our "AO Day" .... =[

Dan's Land has Changed it's Field Set Ups Once again!

The Rec field is CRAZY! and the Hyperball is good too... =]

land hurricane
02-25-2003, 03:34 PM
what are the prices at dans for: All day Nitro and A case of paint?

VCK
02-25-2003, 10:02 PM
Well I live halfway between Atlanta and Athens.
Haven't played paintball in about 4 years, but currently trying to get started again. I used to play in Athens and Conyers Paintball, thats now owned by Wildfire.

Currently own a old standard feed Mag and a BE Raptor.

boomerfoxtrot
02-26-2003, 11:03 AM
sweet VCK.... come down sometime to our "AO GA Team" practice =]

lillfroboy
02-26-2003, 07:33 PM
IM A MIDDLE GEORGIA BOY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

i live in WArner Robins GA 31088, i Play at GOT Ballz, i am co-head reff, i practically do all the work, the owner, kennth is an AOer but i dont know his SN, any way ill be glad to have you guys down here, and if you want to make any changes to the fields just let me know and we can move them around

Jonesie
02-26-2003, 10:35 PM
Jonesie checking in! Man some things changed while I was at Mardi Gras... New Mods, new forums, CRAZY! :)

Anywho, I live East of the ATL in Snellville, 'Where Everybody's Somebody' :rolleyes: I could practically walk to Wildfire's Indoor place, but it's hella expensive!

Dan's Land is a great place to play and CHEAP! The people there are really cool, and the guy that owns the place is a player first, and a field owner second. I think ya'll get what I mean with that one...

Ya'll work out the When/Where... I SHOULD be good for any Saturday, just let me know with a week or more notice.

Later ~ Dave

PS - Why don't we get one of those cool "AO-GA" Sig Images? :)

VCK
02-27-2003, 03:59 AM
You mentioned getting a group together for possibly the 15th, if you do it let me know. I'm actually off that weekend and would love to come down and play some.

lillfroboy
02-27-2003, 09:30 AM
oo ooo ooooo ILL WORK ON THE AO-GA LOGO if you want me to, lol im here in the graphics lab at school doing nothing, so throw something at me

boomerfoxtrot
03-03-2003, 11:23 AM
This Saturday we have a small 3 man tourny...

Sunday is open... but I kinda wanted to do the next sunday or Saturday....

I'll double check with the field to see if we can hit it Saturday March 15...
cool?

Jonesie
03-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Hey Boomer,
I won't be in town the weekend of the 15th, I have to go out of town for work...

Later ~ Jonesie

boomerfoxtrot
03-04-2003, 03:46 PM
ok, I can get on the field March 15th.. that Saturday..

but ONLY if I have enough bodies... I don't want to say that we are going to have one, and then.. no one show up...

Let me know if you can make the 15th... if you can... and I get enough people down, then we will be money...

or maybe we should do it the following Saturday...

Jonesie
03-04-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by boomerfoxtrot
or maybe we should do it the following Saturday...

I will be out of town the entire weekend of the 15th, Sat and Sun. The following weekend would be better, FOR ME. Don't let me mess up the plans. :)

Dave

AcemanPB
03-04-2003, 04:03 PM
My schedule has been pretty crazy lately so I can't commit to any days right now.

On a ligher note, thanks to JAM we now have a new logo!

Fatjon
03-04-2003, 05:48 PM
i dont know if i can make it money wise

boomerfoxtrot
03-04-2003, 10:22 PM
ok, let me check on the Sat or maybe Sunday after the 15th....

=]

Sinistarr
03-07-2003, 12:21 PM
Boomer,

That 3-man was this week? Shoot! I forgot about it. We have been getting ready for the scenario here. This weekend is team practice, then scenario next week, College tourney rolling through the 22nd, and then the 3-man in cleveland, tn.

Getting busy here. Easyrunner will be here with his Clemson team on the 22nd. I don't know if Phil follows the team around or not.

btw, I found a lost roll of film with more pics. Getting them scanned this weekend.

G

boomerfoxtrot
03-07-2003, 03:40 PM
more pix? cool!-)

hahaha...

This Sat Church 3 man, I'm head reff
next Sat Church 5 man, I'm head reff

then it goes from there... I'm playing tomorrow though =]
so anyone that wants to ball, show up at Dan's Land... I'll be there.. .tourny will be over by noon...

AcemanPB
03-07-2003, 04:09 PM
Hey you wouldn't happen to what church is having the 5-man the 15th would you?

One of my friends asked me to join his team for some church paintball tournament the 15th.. he didn't say where it was though

I don't think I'm going to enter anyway, I think most of the people playing are newbs...

boomerfoxtrot
03-07-2003, 07:08 PM
it is an open 5 man church tourny..

it's not hosted by a church and it is not for "just one" church... if you go to church, and your buddy goes to church... then that's all you need....

but if it's the Dan's Land tourny.... I suggest. that you make sure your buddy has signed up, or is going to sign up monday... =]

Jonesie
03-12-2003, 10:34 AM
Hey Carlos,
If we're planning to get together and play the weekend of the 22nd, I can make it on Sat, but not Sun. If possible, please take this into consideration when planning the weekend. :)

Thanks ~ Dave

Trench
03-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Well, I hope to have my emag by then (the 22nd) so we can all get up and rocking...

boomerfoxtrot
03-13-2003, 09:45 PM
I'll double check the 22ed, but I say we make it a go... =]

Sinistarr
03-13-2003, 11:07 PM
Boomer,

Are ya'll getting a game up on the 22nd? I'll try to get there. My mag is back and breathing fire!

I still cannot find any smoke grenades though. :(

We are having that scenario this weekend. Starts 10-11 am on saturday, till 1pm sunday.

I have to work it, so no playing for me :(

G

boomerfoxtrot
03-15-2003, 08:37 AM
aw that sucks....

sucks to have to work and not play... =]

I think we are going to try and get a game on the 22ed... a week from today.. I'm about to head down to the field so I'll double check...

personman
03-15-2003, 10:54 AM
We should play April 25th...
Thats my birthday :)
AO Birthday Party!!! ;)
Nah..
I really want to play with you guys but I dont feel like spending money to play and only be able to play in manual. I'm wating for my charger from PTP (I dont think its going to come :()
I gotta upgrade my halo too but I can use my brothers rev..

maginator
03-15-2003, 11:27 AM
I am game for 22nd

Fatjon
03-15-2003, 09:28 PM
Money Money Money, man i need a job or a sponsor ship

boomerfoxtrot
03-17-2003, 12:12 AM
if we do it the 22ed, then it needs to be some place other then Dan's Land, cause Dan's Land is going to be closed that Saturday!

Sinistarr
03-17-2003, 12:50 AM
There is a NCPA tourney at Regulators field on the 22nd.

Clemson is supposed to be there. I don't know who else has signed up. I expect easyrunner to be with the team.

I just saw the new issue of pb2x last night. We made the magazine! AO-SC was written up near the back. I need to get a copy of the mag to get the page#. There was a special paragraph about load shooting Tom. They also spelled my name wrong! Figures... Not many get it right without help.

I may have found some big smoke for your scenario... going to look now.

G

EDIT: OK, I have checked out the website I was given to get the smoke grenades/pots for scenarios, no longer seems active. The phone # was disconneced, and the site seemed to be outdated. I'll keep checking.

boomerfoxtrot
03-18-2003, 02:31 PM
ok thanks...

Jonesie... you have some place to play this coming sat?

Jonesie
03-18-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by boomerfoxtrot
ok thanks...

Jonesie... you have some place to play this coming sat?

If I can play at all. Supposed to be doing something with the girlfriend since I didn't see her at all last weekend. Lemme get back to ya. I really do wanna play! :D

Later ~ Dave

boomerfoxtrot
03-20-2003, 10:14 AM
I'm not game for this Sat.. If my dad is still in the states we are going to go see him....

Joneise... get me some dates on when you can play!!!!!!

=]

boomerfoxtrot
04-03-2003, 04:43 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75038

.. Come on guys, the PotLuck is hella lot of fun!!

and EVERYONE wins!!! =]

Paintchucker
04-18-2003, 11:14 PM
Anyone playing around Atlanta? I might even goto the indoor place if it is raining...

pputkowski
08-13-2003, 06:28 PM
I can account for myself in Milledgeville, GA and for jdpball and phatmatt2007 which are both in Gray, GA.

personman
08-13-2003, 07:31 PM
Havent seen this thread in a bit :)

zippy
08-14-2003, 09:37 AM
HEllo Georgia AO'ers,

My name is Kris and i am from the central Florida area. The reason why i am posting here on your thread is because we are strating to get a semi larger gatering of Ao'ers in my area however there is not enough to warrant an AO meet. I was wondering if you guys would like too, sometime in the future, get together with us and maybe meet in North Florida, or South Georgia, and put together a little FL/GA meet, just so we can get to know some more players.

I think it is a good idea, hopefully some of you guys will too. When i say the near future i mean more like around the beginnning of next year, seeing how it will probably take some to get everything planned and such. If it is possible i would like to get Airgun involved as well.

I will come back here to see what you guys think, or you can PM whenever you would like. Later

TigerMan
08-14-2003, 04:02 PM
The GA/FL meet is a good idea, but I'm not sure it warrant the drive for many if the turnout isn't large, etc. Looking at a 4+hour drive for many. We'd have to see the response really.

personman
08-14-2003, 04:04 PM
I probally couldnt make it down there :(

zippy
08-14-2003, 08:50 PM
Well it wouldn't have to be way down here.

i was thining we could do a pre-registration thing so that we could find out how many people would be interested.

I would be willing to drive up there or at the least half way. If we cold get, say 50 people to pre-register i think it would be worth it. We could make a weekend out of it, and get some of the AGD people out there it would be a blast.

TigerMan
08-14-2003, 09:08 PM
Another problem too is that there aren't many farther south GA/north FL players, and we don't have any ideas for reputable fields with a discount as well.

zippy
08-14-2003, 09:40 PM
I was thinking Jacksonville as a possibility, and perhaps a field in South Georgia. I would be willing to do the homework so to speak. I know there are several Ao'ers in north Florida that wold be interested. They have come to our thread several times but we are too far South in Florida to have them come down, so i figured why not go to them, and bring down some Georgia people as well.I Will find a field that would be willing to do something for us. But i just want to know who would be interested. \

this is something that wouldn't happen for another few months, that way we could make sure that it is worth evryones while.

TigerMan
08-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Well still not sure how many Georgia AO'ers be willing to make the travel. I know I couldn't. Most the GA ones are around Atlanta. So it end up going from a GA meet to a FL one really. I think right now I'd just say we stick with our original plan for a GA meet around the Atlanta area, and those willing to come can.

zippy
08-15-2003, 09:27 AM
Right on. Let us Florida guys, kno if you guys want something big. I might even being willing to drive to Atlanta If you guys get enough people.

mh53eplt
08-17-2003, 10:00 AM
Just to let you know, Vision Paintball [Hwy 61 & Ridge Rd, between Dallas & Villa Rica], which opened on 01 July, now has in addition to a 7 man Supair field, night play on Saturdays on our "Woods" field. Our paint starts at $50 case [Xball], and we also carry NelSplat, Fireball Basic, Pearl Premium, & Anarchy.
If driving to the West side of Atlanta [I-20 exit 24] is not to far, we could host a Saturday AO meet and would give attendees a 10% discount.

Dave
Ops Manager, Airsmith/Ref

GA Devil
09-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Hi, new to the boards but part of AO. I live in Cumming GA and am up at ga paintball 2.0 alot now. I was a die hard mag player up in michigan but sold everything when I moved down here. I just bought another mag and am building it up to a competetive gun. Looking forward to getting together with you.

Lone Wolf2
09-08-2003, 07:52 PM
welcome to the family

nitto
09-08-2003, 09:49 PM
Is anybody going to the scenario game this weekend? If you need info about it, go here http://www.24hourgames.com

Lone Wolf2
09-09-2003, 03:34 PM
illl be there

personman
09-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by GA Devil
Hi, new to the boards but part of AO. I live in Cumming GA and am up at ga paintball 2.0 alot now. I was a die hard mag player up in michigan but sold everything when I moved down here. I just bought another mag and am building it up to a competetive gun. Looking forward to getting together with you.
Hey, welcome. GA PB 2 is like the my favorate field :) I havent been there for a while though I really need to play its been like sence before school started. Its just so damn hot down here in the summer and my jersey is black so no match :/

mh53eplt
09-09-2003, 09:11 PM
welcome to the AO forum GA devil.:D

as a heads up, my field is having a TOP Gun Tourny [one versus one player] this weekend on the 13th. entry fee is $45 and there is no minimum number of players required to attend for prizes to be awarded. 1st place for OPEN division is an Angel Fly, Rookie is a T98C and New guns is case X-ball.

Our addy is: 8050 Villa Rica Hwy, Dallas GA 30157.

You can PM or email mh53eplt@charter.net me for further info.

GA Devil
09-17-2003, 10:07 AM
I was wondering how hard it would be to get the GA-AO symbol I see in the sigs. If someone with it can send it to me Id appreciate it. Thanks. cbrooks1974@adelphia.net

mh53eplt
09-17-2003, 02:34 PM
just right click on the AO-GA pix and select 'save picture as'