PDA

View Full Version : shoot-downish problem- Level 10? Help!

Sinnet
02-21-2003, 11:08 PM
well, I played tonight, and the mag was going down a fair amount. Heavy leaking out the barrel, switched to a tighter carrier to fix it. Mag wasnt shooting right, switched springs...

but after awhile, whenever i'd go to shoot 4+ shots at a decent speed, it would have extreme shootdown; the first four would be fine, the fifth would go 20 feet and the sixth wouldnt make it out the barrel. The problem seemed to fix itself when i didnt fire for a minute, but it was annoying as heck... any suggestions?

I was thinking maybe the carrier is too tight, but the next bigger one was giving me severe barrel-leakage.

thanks in advance

BlackVCG
02-21-2003, 11:43 PM
What kind of valve do you have?

Was your output pressure 700-900psi?

Try it without Level 10 and see if you get shootdown.

Sinnet
02-21-2003, 11:58 PM
classic valve

crossfire high-pressure screw in; 800 I believe?

i'll try it w/o level 10, but i'm pretty sure its that. It didnt start until i changed my carrier.... and it didnt seem like real shootdown; it didnt happen all the time, and i didnt have to shoot extremely fast (maybe 6-7 bps) for it to happen. When I really railed on the trigger and it did it, it would go to the point where the trigger pin wouldnt reset itself.

BlackVCG
02-22-2003, 12:14 AM
You might just be short stroking it. The trigger feel might be a bit different and you're not use to it.

Sinnet
02-22-2003, 12:29 AM
no, it wasnt that... i've had LX installed for several months now. After it shot-down completely, if i kept pulling absolutely nothing would happen (like when your tank pressure is too low to fire). I had to stop and let it reset itself after a second or two.

one thing i may need to fool around with is springs/velocity, i was shooting about 260...

thanks for the quick replies Black

xen_100
02-22-2003, 01:26 AM
if your trigger would not reset from lack of pressure in the on/off, then it has nothing to do with the LX. check your reg seat/o-ring. make sure your reg piston springs/pack to make sure it is greased and moving freely. it sounds like the reg is not recharging fast enough.

IcantBelieveit
02-22-2003, 07:43 PM
umm..or he coudl be having bolt stick. Are you sure you are pickin up the right carriers and you know that thye are labeled in half sizes right? the dots are the half size, soo if yu have a 1 dot and 1 line you have 1.5 carrier 1 line you have #1 carrier, also be sure to add to the air fitting on the valve after each refill, especially in cold weather, LX seem to like a lot of oil, I have actually gone to what Rob @ AGD suggested and used Shocker Lube on the bolt and carrier and i have not had my bolt stick one time since. You might want to turn up your velocity some more.

Sinnet
02-23-2003, 12:52 AM
yeah, it seemed to happen less with higher velocity...

next chance I get, i'll pump it full of oil and see how it does. I'm fairly certain I did everything correctly with the carriers, but i'll hafta check... maintenance at the field can be a little bit hectic.

Peach
02-23-2003, 02:53 AM
If you're at low FPS use the stock spring.

IcantBelieveit
02-23-2003, 10:18 AM
the stock spring is only good for 250-260 fps unless i am being told a lie

NeroWolfe
02-24-2003, 10:52 AM
this might be far off, but did you change anything in you air setup?

I changed my drop/air hose, and developed horrible shoot-down. turns out, my tank didn't completely screw into the adapter, and was starving my marker. the cooincidence was that i installed my level 10 at the same time. just a thought.

NeroWolfe

Sinnet
02-28-2003, 07:31 PM
I messed around with the mag a few days ago... pumped it full of oil, still got the shootdown problem. However, once I turned my velocity up (I chronied 1 shot at 278), it ran perfectly. This is all with the stock spring, and i'd really like to be able to lower my velocity, any thoughts?

Nero- i've got a preset screw-in, didnt change anything... Maybe my o-ring is messed up and isn't allowing the tank to screw in all the way? I'll try a new one the next time I play.