PDA

View Full Version : Bring a Huge Banner to Skyball and go Home with an RTpro!!!!!

AGD
02-22-2003, 02:01 AM
AO,

Show your AGD "Pride" and bring a banner to Skyball!! I already will be giving away warps for banners but I decided to SWEETEN the pot!!

I will give away one RTpro to the BEST banner over 30 feet long! You have to show it from the stands during the Pride games and the team will pick the winner (shouting and screaming is encouraged).

Remember, Josh from PB2X will be there and this is a great way to get your mug in the magazine and Bea Youngs will be the commentator so make sure she sees you!!

Go get 'em AO lets take Toronto by storm!!

AGD

pbzmag
02-22-2003, 02:14 AM
All you guys get to have all the fun!:D Anyways, have fun. You guys should also over run the stands with all AGD banners. Now that would be sweet! Don't forget to post pics of your banners.

pbzmag

Shail
02-22-2003, 03:37 AM
Sweet, It would be pretty nice to win a rt pro at skyball.

shartley
02-22-2003, 06:49 AM
Good job Tom. RT Pros ROCK. We need more of them out there.

wyn1370
02-22-2003, 08:13 AM
how bout you guys bring the banner data gave you after shatnerball.

tranman
02-22-2003, 08:32 AM
I have a question, how is one person suppose to hold a banner 30 feet long? LOL...but if a team or group of people made and hold up the banner, who would get the RT pro?

irbodden
02-22-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by tranman
I have a question, how is one person suppose to hold a banner 30 feet long? LOL...but if a team or group of people made and hold up the banner, who would get the RT pro?

Sell it and split the dough?

But seriously, if they were MY teammates, I made the banner and am just asking them to hold it, I'd expect them to let me get the RTPro...

Fred
02-22-2003, 01:34 PM
Ok, I have the means to make a banner of this sort... who wants to take it to Skyball for me and bring me back an RTPro???

Gotta love working in an office with a full color plotter... :D

wyn1370
02-22-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Fred
Ok, I have the means to make a banner of this sort... who wants to take it to Skyball for me and bring me back an RTPro???

Gotta love working in an office with a full color plotter... :D
you bring it over, I'll take it there.

graycie
02-22-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by tranman

alot of zip ties and/or tape and a whole row of stadium seating.

DyNasTy
02-23-2003, 10:46 AM
I will do that for sure, but i have 2 questions

1. What day will Pride be playing
2. If we make it this big and a lot of noise, will we get in trouble because a huge banner might block other people view?

pito189
02-23-2003, 12:31 PM
Make it HUGE. At least 50 feet, anything smaller and it's not really trying. ;) :p

Scooter/Cootie
02-23-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by DyNasTy
I will do that for sure, but i have 2 questions

1. What day will Pride be playing
2. If we make it this big and a lot of noise, will we get in trouble because a huge banner might block other people view?

As far as I know, the schedule for games hasent been released yet. Once I get it, I'll talk to Tom and Jon and see if we can post our game times up at the booth for everyone to see.

I don't think you need to worry about getting in trouble, usually the seating isn't that full (pretty sparse actually) and with a 30ft banner we'll be able to see you if your pretty far up.

Also, make sure that your AO names are on the banner and large enough so we can read them from the field. We want to make sure that the right person wins the RTPro. ;)

FordPrefect
02-23-2003, 08:01 PM
You could always get one of those sheets of paper like the ones they use at school, and roll it out really long. Then decorate it with markers.

Fred
02-23-2003, 09:51 PM
some people don't realize how BIG 30' of paper is... hehe!

markers won't cut it, you need paint, and not in small quantities! (or a color plotter...)

I've done a 27' banner before... this will be a new record for longest plot done on my office plotter... :cool:

Is anyone else actually going for it? some competition would be cool... but, hey, if I'm the only one....:D

minimag187
02-23-2003, 11:39 PM
You could always get one of those sheets of paper like the ones they use at school, and roll it out really long. Then decorate it with markers. Kind of like the big ones with little swirls n curleys you did in 1st grade? lol.

FordPrefect
02-24-2003, 09:01 PM
Yeah, hey, theres a lot of space to fill up;)

Jonno06
03-01-2003, 11:26 PM
well,who won?

Fred
03-01-2003, 11:50 PM
Strider won the RTPro, I got a Warp, and so did someone else who's name escapes me at the moment (sorry!).

---Fred

Otis
03-02-2003, 12:53 PM
the banners were all awesome to bad more ppl didn't make them .. haha i really hope the other winner was me... no ones told me much though. heres my banner

.. IF u do know lmk thanx,
OTIS

Strider
03-02-2003, 06:08 PM
Hehe, it was fun doing the banner. You should have gotten our attention Otis, I didn't see you untill I was in Hardrock after one of the games. (Since that was the other side of the place, I couldn't run back :))

It was a shame there wasn't more banners. It was fun when the second big one came out, and Creative Mayhem was breaking our eardrums with his cheering! :D

Both the other banners were great. Definatly got the quality section covered. (I got the quantity covered X2. :))