PDA

View Full Version : CPX Scenario game Mar 9

Slapp
02-22-2003, 03:04 AM
Challenge Park in Joliet, IL is having a hybrid big game/scenario game on Sunday March 9th called Codename: Blizzard.

Hopefully they learned a few lessons from Shatnerball.

Any AO'ers out there planning to attend?

Codename Blizzard info (http://www.challengepark.com/calendar_detail.asp?id=148&cat=1)

shockman
02-22-2003, 08:34 AM
I'm in a large private game (50 people) on March 8th. I'll see if I can get a few to play the 9th as well.

LaW
02-22-2003, 10:05 AM
screw that place :)

damageinc54
02-22-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by LaW
screw that place :)

You took the words out of my mouth :)

CFD323
02-23-2003, 03:17 AM
May I ask why you guys are mad at CPX ?

I'm claiming ignorance on the subject so don't bite my head off...

WaRBladE
02-23-2003, 05:58 AM
I am going to try to make it. I need to check on when my tank requires the hydrostatic testing...I think it is in the latter half of March. If not I can always rent a nitro tank...:)

How will we recognize each other as people from AO?

EDIT- I checked my tank and the date is 5/03 when it needs to be hydrostatic tested. Not sure why I though 3/03. :(
So I will try to be there but I need to check plans first.

deathstalker
02-23-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by CFD323
May I ask why you guys are mad at CPX ?

I'm claiming ignorance on the subject so don't bite my head off...
I'll admit I've never been to a big/scenario game at CPX other than Shatnerball, but if how their rec days go is any indication, it probably won't be as much fun as it could be.

For rec, the paint is usually of poor quality and overpriced. You can easily find yourself standing around for 45+ minutes waiting for a game to start, especially if you want to play any of the concept fields. I also get the impression many of the refs think their job is to supervise us, not referee the game.

It's a great field for first-timers and beginners, but that tends to make things a little difficult for those of us who are more experienced. The new players are afraid of playing aggressively (I can't say I blame them; I was no different the first few times I played) and there is a little too much friendly fire.

On the plus side, it's the only field I've played that requires players with their own gear to chrono before each game. However, this is the cause of most of the delays.

All that said, my annual winter break from paintball is soon coming to an end and if they weather's nice, I'll probably make it out there. Sometimes, a bad day of paintball is better than no paintball.

CoolGSak
02-23-2003, 01:42 PM
Yes, CPX is a terrible field for the experienced crowd! The air fills for the last tournament I was at there topped out at around 2400psi. The field paint is below acceptable quality and @$100 a case!
But I would have to agree and say the worst part is the waiting. I can clearly remember, the last time I was there for open play we had a game of 30 on 30 with only 2 refs! That is just unsafe and to make it even worse I had to police the people to make sure they werent pulling their masks off. And before we went out, they did a hopper check to make sure only field paint was being used. Well for some reason only one ref checked the hoppers and the other just stood there like an idiot. It is little things like that that make CPX unbearable!

shockman
02-23-2003, 02:09 PM
They do act as if I'm walking through a museum covered in mud, their eliteist attitude stinks.

I asked if they were going to run the booster because of the poor air fills and I was rudely told NO. No explaination, nothing. I felt like I did when I asked my Dad for the car 12 years ago, and this kid was about 15. Terrible customer service.

But any day playing is probably better than not playing at all, as someone did say.

warpfeedmod
02-24-2003, 08:34 AM
me and 2 of my buds will be there.

we signed up for Russian

Sputnik
02-24-2003, 10:28 AM
Me and a couple non-AO'er friends plan on attending.

cphilip
02-24-2003, 02:43 PM
I dunno I could go to Meet and greet or too Scenario with this one. But for now to meet and greet she is a going! let me know if you would rather have it in Scenario. I on a roll now!!!! ;)

HoboJudge
02-24-2003, 07:09 PM
I might be there. Depends if I can get a ride and how many hours it is.

warpfeedmod
03-02-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by HoboJudge
I might be there. Depends if I can get a ride and how many hours it is.

hobo, registration starts at 7am and i think the game ends at like 4. I plan on being there around 6-7 for check in and to get set up