PDA

View Full Version : Is any one here still super polishing the lx bolts

magman007
02-22-2003, 01:43 PM
Jut as it says, is any one here still super pollishing the lx bolt stems? If they are, can you tell me what results you had? did you have less bolt stick etc? did you find you saved on oil? I remember this discussion a while back, but i dont remember any of the turn out. If there are people who can do it or are willing to, let me know, ive got a bolt that could be done

EsPo
02-22-2003, 01:46 PM
how would this prevent bolt stick? does it make the stem more slick? im interested.

AlabamaMan
02-22-2003, 02:43 PM
Might want to talk to blackvcg about this one just about everything on his emag is super polished including his lx bolt. Heck if he had enough time he'd probably polish his mainspring.

Cypres0099
02-22-2003, 06:43 PM
I polished my level 10 bolt piston with poor results. It made it too slick so no oil would stay on it so it actually stuck more. That and the velocity seemed more eradic.

IcantBelieveit
02-22-2003, 08:02 PM
i doubt it could be too slick, what you did was probably angled it, thatswhy it got stuck

Cypres0099
02-22-2003, 10:35 PM
I doubt I angled it due to the method that I polished the piston. (Surgical rag attached to a drill)

I only say that it was too polished because after oiling it at the beginning of the day it would work then later on it started screwing up and getting erratic velocity.

Bottom line, a normal level 10 bolt worked much better than my polished one.