PDA

View Full Version : Retro/X-valve vs Classic Valve

magzown3
02-22-2003, 06:31 PM
I can shoot my classic valve very quickly and don't know if it would be worth the money to upgrade and buy a retro/x- valve. The only problem that i have is that 2 or 3 times a day of play I will shortstroke, get 2 balls in the barrel, and bust balls. Now, this doesnt happen too often, but it is annoying. Would it even be worth upgrading? And also, is the trigger pull of a retro any heavier than a classic valve? Thanks a lot.

FalconGuy016
02-22-2003, 06:45 PM
Its a much lighter and cleaner pull
If you can already shoot fast with a classic, you can shoot much faster with a retro
I dont know about your double feeding problem

magzown3
02-22-2003, 06:50 PM
Well, when i shortstroke it, i push the ball into the barrel but no enough to force it out and the next ball is loaded, so 2 balls are fired. These balls break most of the time.

Bulldog
02-22-2003, 08:02 PM
It might be worth getting an I frame first if your having problems with short stroking. Cheaper, and the sweetest mech frame for a mag. Then I would look into an x valve if you still want more.

If you already have an I frame please ignore my entire post. :)

DiRTyBuNNy
02-22-2003, 08:07 PM
Yes...I-Frame be the old hotness..I just wonder what Tom has planned for "The New Hotness"...

FalconGuy016
02-22-2003, 08:55 PM
Yes get a intelliframe
The new valve will stop short stroking most likely cause it push your finger bazck

Klay01
02-22-2003, 09:12 PM
to me there is a huge difference between classic and rt, when i shoot a classic after a good string of shots there is alot of shoot down (atleast the ones i have shot) the RT valve is so sweet on how there is no shoot down at all.

magzown3
02-22-2003, 10:43 PM
Ya guys, I already have an I-frame, that is the primary reason for me to be able to shoot fast with a classic. I Just dont want to waste the money if it doesnt end up making a difference to me.