PDA

View Full Version : 3-man Scramble in D/FW - April 5th

ben_JD
02-22-2003, 08:32 PM
It's called a 3-man scramble and it's being hosted by Mid-Cities Paintball in between Dallas and Ft. Worth, Texas. This tournament is scheduled for April 5, 2003.

I played in a similar tournament this past December (hosted by Mid-Cities and organized by Evil) and I have to say that it was one of the most fun paintball experiences I have ever had. The unique characteristic of this tournament is the method by which teams are chosen. You have three hats; one includes the "Amateur/Pro" players, another includes the "Novice" players and the third includes the "Rookie/Rec" players. One player from each hat is chosen to make a team which will stay together through the tournament.

Team Evil and Team PMI were in full attendance last time and I suspect they will be present in April, too. Roy Estrada, the field owner, runs one of the friendliest paintball venues in town with quality refs who will remember your face and name from visit to visit.

The environment of the tournament was light-hearted (one field of play with coaching/harassing allowed from the sidelines) and only one player ever lost his cool...and he only did it once. Top-level tournament players teamed up with first-tournament rec-ballers was the norm and the whole day was pleasant. Prizes will be awarded for first through fifth place:

- 1st: Works Autocockers
- 2nd: Works Swing Triggers
- 3rd: Rage Packs
- 4th: PMI Jerseys
- 5th: Free field/air passes for Mid-Cities Paintball

For the entry fee ($120), you will get entry into the tournament, one case of PMI Allstar, lunch (fantastic catered BBQ) and all-day air. Extra paint will be sold at $60 per case.

I'll be there wearing my black and gold Automags Online jersey professionally crafted by our friends at Custom Sports Gear.

More information on Flagstation (http://www.flagstation.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=365).

[Prizelist edited]

WaRBladE
02-22-2003, 09:21 PM
That sounds like a sweet idea mixing the teams with pro, novice, and rookie. It really helps out the newer players learn more things and gets them involved.

I am currently trying to get into the whole tournament scene and hope to participate in a team this year on the rookie level. I am not sure how this will work out since one of my unofficial team members is in the hospital with a inflamed pancreas. He should get out next weak but I am not sure how it will affect his ability to play paintball since we need to practice as a team for a good few months before summer.

ben_JD
02-26-2003, 01:58 PM
North Texas AOers, please let me know if you are planning on making this the second AO-heavy event in the next two months (including the Tom Kaye appearance in March).

logamus
02-26-2003, 04:39 PM
i might swing by and check it out, but i seriously doubt i will play. i have a nice tax bill due 10 days later so that $120 will prolly be used for uncle sam.

ben_JD
03-18-2003, 11:51 AM
OK, we met in Plano as a unified AO army; now it is time to reunite at the Mid-Cities 3-man scramble. Please review the posts above to determine the specifics and PM me with any questions.

Also, check out this forum (http://www.flagstation.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=365&s=9095170c09472cd47bae5b535c7f760a) at Flagstation.com for information from the field owner himself (Goldengun). Ignore any post by P8baller :).

I HIGHLY encourage you to check it out; even if you are not a tournament player, I think you will like this event.