PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve NEW but dont work

branman444
02-22-2003, 11:49 PM
I have a bran new X-Valve just got it today and installed it. aired it up and BANG BANG BANG works great or so i thought. I tryed to turn up the velocity (it was on the verg of not firing) and air came rusing out the back of the nut (blew grease all over me) turned it back down and works great again. That shouldnt happen RIGHT? I then looked at the little paper i got with it and lo-and-behold the fist thing on it was air leaks through the velocity nut. I have looked at everything that it sayed to look at and nothing looks out of place or bad at all except for the spacer between the forward two valve pin orings is visible cut all the way through but that is just a spacer...or no? (can get pics if that would help identify it)It doesnt refferance it at all in the problems section. I dont know what to think this thing is NEW!!! IM gald i kept my old reg because i wouldnt be able to play if i haddent. BTW i did oil all the orings and run oil through the hose. 7drops and about 12-15 shots after.
I cant believe that i am going to have to call already about this thing.AAAHHHHH!!!

Setup for those who will want to know.
GUN
68 clasic powerfeed left
stock grip/frame
Flatline 68/4500 reg set to 800psi
LVL10
1 shim
1.0 car.
smallest spring

Tunaman
02-23-2003, 12:00 AM
That cut in that plastic spacer is supposed to be there. Are you starting with the smallest spring and working your way up? Try oiling all the orings by hand. They are a little stubborn when new.

branman444
02-23-2003, 10:25 AM
I have oiled the orings twice as well as run it through the air intake. That sprint on the bolt shouldnt matter i wouldnt think but no i havent tryed any other ones yet. There shouldnt be any air on that spring ontil i pul the trigger but the gun leakes all the time if i turn up the velocity at all. There is a place that it shoots but its obvious thats its low on air so i turn it up and the air that leaks out the nut nearly blows out the allen wrench that i am using. It comes out that bad!!!

BlackVCG
02-23-2003, 01:48 PM
Are you trying to shoot it when you turn the velocity up and it starts leaking? Sometimes that gets things to seal because it makes the reg. valve pin and the piston move a bit and that can get the o-rings to set in and seal properly. Try that, if not replace your piston o-ring