PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 10, problem solver or problem?

Hemorrhage
02-23-2003, 01:48 AM
Whichever carrier I use, it leaks. Either down the barrel or out the valve. I dropped down one after it leaked out the barrel and it started leaking out the little hole in the side of the x-valve. Cranked up velocity and it started leaking out the back. NOTHING WORKS. Any ideas?

Peach
02-23-2003, 02:45 AM
AHH!!! My classic valve is doing this! I tried to put the lvlx in it today as a backup valve for my Retro!! It just went crazy! Vening out everywhere, pin assemply, PT, and then in places I couldn't find! Then I put the stock bolt in there... And it worked O_o Baffled me.

Hemorrhage
02-23-2003, 11:36 AM
Can anyone help me? I thought you guys knew this stuff?

BlackVCG
02-23-2003, 01:55 PM
When it leaks out those side holes, it means those two o-rings on the reg. valve pin aren't sealing properly, or the piston o-ring isn't sealing properly. When those o-rings are new, they have a hard time sealing. What you need to do is take those parts out, clean them off by hand, put oil on those o-rings, clean off the surface that those o-rings touch and then put the parts back in. Give that a try. Once it seals properly, shoot the gun as much as you can to break in those o-rings.

Hemorrhage
02-23-2003, 02:16 PM
Ok and if I can't shoot the gun how am I suposed to wear in the orings?

Dayspring
02-23-2003, 03:17 PM
You can't...

We didn't say with paint. Dry-firing is the way to go. But orings need to be USED in order to break in. Sitting with pressure on them does nothing.

Follow what Black said. It'll help get everything into place. ALSO- for installing the level 10, go through the setup instructions. Don't do it solo.

Hemorrhage
02-23-2003, 04:02 PM
What I am saying is that I can't dry fire it. It just leaks. I oiled the *** outta it and it doesn't leak out the little hole but it does still leak out the back. I used the 1.5 carrier with a leak down the barrel. Now I am using the 1.0 carrier and I'm not sure it works because, well, my SCUBA tank is empty. Yes that's right I used an entire scuba tank JUST on the lvl 10. It's filling to about 800psi and won't fire with the velocity all the way up. (I am using 2 shims, and the mid spring). Also I followed the quick start instructions and the detailed ones online (none came with my x-valve) many many times each and nothing was working. I'll be working on it for the fifth day in a row tonight. Any other suggestions would be helpful. Thanks so far..:)

BlackVCG
02-23-2003, 04:19 PM
Remove the shims. Take the piston out and clean it off and the inside of the regulator body with a q-tip. Look over the o-ring to make sure no dirt is stuck in it or any casting flash is still on the o-ring. Test fit the o-ring onto the bolt stem before you put it in. Put the o-ring in the carrier, slide the carrier o-ring side first onto the bolt stem and slide it back and forth. You should feel some friction from the o-ring. Use the stock gold spring that came with the valve.