PDA

View Full Version : X vs. Retro?

Kwaidd
02-23-2003, 01:02 PM
I have the 68automag classic w/powerfeed with the standard automag valve assembly. After checkin' out all the new stuff thats come out since I purchased mine years ago I have one big question for upgrading my mag.
Whats are the differences between the retro valve upgrade and the x-valve upgrade...I'm not able to discern any technical differences (pros/cons)to either from the info in the products or upgrades section of the AGD site. Is one valve actually better than another, or have different features that would affect my game? They both run on high pressure from what I read. Appears to be a 100 dollar price tag diff on the x-valve however if ya dont trade in the old valve. Any specific info that you might be able to share with me would be great for helpin me to decide what route
I need to go in. Thanks alot guys]

K

Dayspring
02-23-2003, 01:09 PM
The X-Valve is an aluminum ReTro Valve. Functionally, there is no difference. The X-Valve, however, comes with the Level 10 Upgrade installed at the factory.

Kwaidd
02-23-2003, 02:06 PM
i dont even remember what lvl mag i have any more id have to look it up on the original box er something...whats the lvl 10 upgrade?

pito189
02-23-2003, 02:11 PM
Level 10 is an lighter bolt that almost eliminates chopping.

So LX is installed at the factory on the X-Valves?

Dayspring
02-23-2003, 03:13 PM
Yes. The Level 10 upgrade is installed at the factory. It still needs to be tuned to your gun however.

As for what level gun you have, the Level 10 upgrade came out last year. It reduces reciol by having a lighter bolt and can reduce chopping b/c it's a 2 stage stroke, the first being slow enough to bounce off of the ball, the second being full speed.