PDA

View Full Version : Sputtering gun

jive turkey
02-23-2003, 02:12 PM
When I fire my gun it starts to make sputtering noises after a few shots. Sort of like it's not getting enough air.
Does anyone know what the problem may be?

-sam

jive turkey
02-23-2003, 05:31 PM
I'm not short stroking it so it seems like it's getting starved of gas. I don't know what the problem is. Any suggestions would help.

-sam

BlackVCG
02-23-2003, 06:40 PM
The best way to fix these kind of problems is to troubleshoot by starting from the source. First make sure that your air tank is putting out the proper pressure to the gun. Should be 700-800psi. Once that's checked, make sure that it's flowing fast enough. Try another tank that you know works on a friends gun.

If the airsystem is fine, take out the valve and replace the regulator seat (hockey puck shaped seal). It's inbetween the two valve halves. Also, pull out the reg. valve pin and spring and make sure that the spring isn't clogged with dirt/debris.

Also, make sure the piston is clean and well oiled so it's not sticking.

Try those things and you should fix the problem.

Also, if you have an on/off cradle, make sure that you only turn the on/off knob ONE full turn after it hits the pin. Once you feel resistance, turn it one turn and leave it. Some of them go too far and cut off the airflow.