PDA

View Full Version : Regulation problems, due to volumizer?

Natural Newbie
02-23-2003, 04:36 PM
Ok, here is what I have noticed. Figure 1(the box below the T-fitting is an LP chamber) regulates within 50 psi, figure 2(the box below the T-fitting is a cap) regulates within 10 psi. This setup is on a Tippmann 98 custom with the LP kit. Is the LP chamber letting air go backwards in the system and messing up how the regulator works? Sorry I am not very technical nor have the best vocabulary, but this is something interesting that im sure could bring up alot of discussion. Have fun, and I might even be able to fix the problem :).

http://www.geocities.com/mazda9784/lpcap.jpg

(cut and paste the link into the address bar since geocities doesn't allow direct linking, any my comcast server is down. sorry for the inconvenience.)

RHYNO
02-23-2003, 09:31 PM
Could be some sort of flow problem, but any air between the reg and valve would be contained at your regs output pressure setting. Maybe a small leak in the Pressure chamber is causing problems?

OT:
Where in S.E. Michigan are you?
Curious because I'm in Port Huron.

Natural Newbie
02-23-2003, 11:22 PM
No leaks, I had it submerged in water and I am stumped. It seemed that the output pressure really didn't have much affect on it either. However the lower the ouput pressure, the less fluxuation it had. I have no idea of what I am talking about, but maybe the oversized volumizer is sending air into not only the valve, but back into the reg, the air sent back would hit the piston, thus messing up the regulators normal pison cycle, causing inconsistant output pressure.:confused:

Natural Newbie
03-03-2003, 12:46 PM
I figured it out. The ASA inlet hole is only about .1" in diameter, creating a huge bottleneck in the system. The reg would build up to the regulated pressure in the ASA, but the volumizer would still be below the set regulated pressure due to the bottleneck. Then, the ASA and volumizers pressures would equalize, leaving the system slightly under pressure. The equalization (sp?) process would also be much slower then normal. Since regs only regulate well with instant pressure changes, the slow pressure change made it regulate inconsistantly. So I opened up the hole and drilled another hole in the ASA, speeding up the process and now it regulates like it should.