PDA

View Full Version : X-Mag Upgrade?

angels one
02-23-2003, 11:37 PM
I was looking at Airgun Europe and came across the X-mag page. It says they offer a upgrade kit, anyways here is the quote:

The good news is that the upgrade package will retro fit onto Automags, Minimags & RT Pro's with only the addition of an RT Pro Sear Assembly & RT Pro Sear Pin required. Please note however, that the ACE will not be available on mechanical markers
http://www.airgun.com/Europe/AirgunShop/shopimages/XtremeLXPurpleFade.jpg
MSRP X-Mag Upgrade Package All Colours £212.72 Ex Tax ($230 USD)

Airgun Europe X-mag (http://www.airgun.com/Europe/Xtreme.shtml)

Does anyone have info on this? whats included in the "UPGRADE" etc.

LaW
02-23-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by angels one
I was looking at Airgun Europe and came across the X-mag page. It says they offer a upgrade kit, anyways here is the quote:

The good news is that the upgrade package will retro fit onto Automags, Minimags & RT Pro's with only the addition of an RT Pro Sear Assembly & RT Pro Sear Pin required. Please note however, that the ACE will not be available on mechanical markers
http://www.airgun.com/Europe/AirgunShop/shopimages/XtremeLXPurpleFade.jpg
MSRP X-Mag Upgrade Package All Colours £212.72 Ex Tax ($230 USD)

Airgun Europe X-mag (http://www.airgun.com/Europe/Xtreme.shtml)

Does anyone have info on this? whats included in the "UPGRADE" etc.

I am sure your going to see this State side but not until after they are in stock everywhere and production is great ;)

AlabamaMan
02-24-2003, 03:11 AM
you put your grip frame on a xmag body

jpkunk
02-24-2003, 12:57 PM
So does anyone know when they well be avaible in the US?

cphilip
02-24-2003, 01:10 PM
That has been on their site for a long LONG time and I have no idea if they have done many or ANY of them. I seem to remeber one fella getting a conversion done but he had contacts with AGDE too. Some of that stuff is listed there but not available at the time so...

They will be a while here as all available bodies coming over are already presold as full markers. Too much demand to spare any of them for converisons at this point. Maybe caught up in the Fall? Who knows.

AutomagBoy
02-24-2003, 05:13 PM
what i want to know is when can we get replacement bodies and grips so we can have differant colors?

Kevmaster
02-24-2003, 07:36 PM
as phil said, maybe fall? maybe winter? maybe even summer...nobody really knows an exact date

angels one
03-28-2003, 08:32 PM
Whats the status on these bodies? do I have o contact a friend in europe? Why is A USA made product only availible in Europe? AGD???

magman007
03-28-2003, 08:53 PM
because AGDE designed it and has the rights to it, also they have the machines to do it

gibby
03-29-2003, 01:24 AM
There was a time when I was considering picking one of these up through a friend in Europe. However, after some thought, I just didn't find it cost effective. For one, I wanted to stick this on a mechanical automag. I was told I couldn't just slap on the foregrip I was currently using and that it would have to be modified to fit one. This meant custom work which meant, more money. When I priced everything out, along with import costs, it was going to cost me around $450-$500. For me, that was a bit much for just a body upgrade with the same functionality as my current set up...minus the removeable breach.

For me, I would rather upgrade to an emag instead. As much as it would have been cool to have one, it was a high price to pay for something that didn't really improve performance.

DiRTyBuNNy
03-29-2003, 04:33 AM
If anyone on here has be around at least as long as I have you'll know that i've been trying to make this happen forever. Believe me, do a search and my smiley mug will be in the middle of it somewhere. But, if you want my honest opinion, I don't think it will ever happen. There's just too many variables involved with this not only considering AGD can't fill the orders for full-on X-Mags why screw yourself and just sell body kits. If it ever does happen I would suprised if it wasn't in very very small quantities and only in a few colors (such as black, black or more black.)

cphilip
03-29-2003, 10:00 AM
Yes that was written quite a while back and things realy have not speeded up any. Most people are looking at 7-8 months from order for a full X mag still. So having spare bodies is looking grim this year in my opinion. But one can only hope maybe Christmas or something. Its always possible there could be some Blems come around. Who knows.