PDA

View Full Version : hyperframe/level 10/rt retro problems???!!!

chris007
02-24-2003, 12:28 AM
:confused: i've bin runing hyper/level 10/rt combo for a long time with no problems.last night looked at sear and it had bin eatin up a bit.so i replaced it with new one.gun would not fire right.some times it shoots,and some times not.you can hear it clicking and not fireing,and some times it allmost sound's like the on/off is not being pressed e-nuff(like a short stroke on a reg.mag).i could not get it to work so i went to madi gras open(to centerflag tent).tec gave me the longest on/off pin(they make) to put in my rt on/off and told me that would work.went home and put pin in and no good still not shooting right.i have the frame power on seting no# 7,but tryed on 10 allso.i dont know what to do.need help!!!!!!!can it be the level 10 or on/off?if any hyperframe or booyah players know how to fix this or have had this problem please help.need to get gun working. going to play out of town this weekend.NEED HELP!!!!PLEASE:mad:

taggtwo
02-24-2003, 09:22 AM
I to went through the same problems, and also noticed increased wear and tear on the on off pin, and on the sear. My best result came from using a 9.6v rechargeable battery(more juice). I got this tip from Jon at AGD, when I sent the whole gun in. Unfortunately Centerflag does not want you to use a 9.6 (warrenty issue). I decided to sell my hyperframe, and went with a nice aftermarket mechanicle lower,and enjoy the feel of the bounce of the retro.
I hope you have better luck than I did.

~Tim

thecavemankevin
02-24-2003, 11:18 AM
go back to useing your old sear.

You have too much tension between the bolt wanting to blast forward and the selenoid (sp?) not being able to over come that much tension. Also,what spring are you using? I had a similar problem (shot spring still choped) but mid spring wouldn't fire....so i had to cut a little bit off the end of the spring in order to make it fire, also had to crank the velocity up a bit.

Hope that helps

ps. a shorter pin is probably going to produce LESS damage to the sear, but might not close off air flow like it is suposed to, so it might take some trial and error. But i dought that the new pin (longest) will be the best....because it is not allowing the sear to dip down enough while firing, thus the bolt drags accross it and increases wear.

hostage
02-24-2003, 04:30 PM
from what I heard about some hyperframes, an on/off pin that is to short can cause wear. I would suggest you contact centerflag.

here is the website, call and they should help you out
http://www.centerflagproducts.com/service/hyperautomag.shtml

-Doron

chris007
02-24-2003, 07:21 PM
longest spring ,two shims,line with one dot carrier.frame power seting #7,9volt battery,longest on/off pin.a friend of mine told me to file down the on/off pin in small amounts(dont have a caliber).will this work?any ideas?what is average length on/off pin for hyperframe?can't put old sear back on because i thru it in the trash,and my old lady put it out(DAM).any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.thanx for help chris:(

thecavemankevin
02-24-2003, 10:08 PM
put your original pin back in, the smaller one, and put in the middle length spring. your carriers and should be fine for now

chris007
02-25-2003, 12:41 AM
i will try that after i get home from work,i have to get more air.i only have a 68ci #3000psi tank.:(