PDA

View Full Version : Minimag question - need answer before I buy

Kitsune
02-24-2003, 01:35 PM
I am probably going to buy this minimag at my local PB shop.
I have a few questions first.

1. Can it be anodized?
2. Will the level 10 mod work with it?

Now some questions about addonds.

I have a ReLoader hopper for it already.
What else should I think about adding on to it?

Thank you for your time.

(BTW - I would consider getting compressed air instead of CO2, but I cannot afford it I do not think)

xen_100
02-24-2003, 01:41 PM
it means that is is a minimag body......that is centerfeed (doh!)

nope.......stainless steel!
yup...the LX bolt can work with any mag ever made!

Hexis
02-24-2003, 02:02 PM
Minimags are not all center feed, in fact most are powerfeed.

You can anodize the main body (which is either grey (bead blasted) or polished Stainless. You can anodize the main rail, and any any other aluminum parts on there.

They are a great setup, with a somewhat unique look among mags (with the extended body and 'venting').

Level 10 will work just fine. You may need a new reg piston, but that's a cheap part.

Start with the mag, then when you can afford get HPA. You will be a very happy Mag owner then.

ChucktheMAGician
02-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Centerfeed put the hopper directly on top where as powerfeed bodies have it on the left or the right a little. The body itself can't be anodized, but the rail can. The level x mod should work, but if it's an older valve you may need a new reg. piston. A good barrel or barrel set would be my first suggested upgrade. I've never used a reloader hopper but intelli-frames are nice. Even if you didn't link them together I would still recommend one. If you were getting CA, which I would suggest too, I would also suggest a X Valve, which comes w/ a level x kit. Have fun and congrads on your new mag :) :D

athomas
02-24-2003, 06:46 PM
You can polish the body but you can't annodize it. You can annodize all the aluminum parts though. A good double trigger frame (AGD intelliframe), is a good upgrade as well as the level 10 bolt and a good aftermarket barrel that is sized for the paint you are using.

Get compressed air as soon as you can afford it. It makes the mag work better and will be more economical down the road.

The reg piston shouldn't be a problem. I have an old 1993 vintage mag that I converted to compressed air and level 10 and it worked fine.

Magluvr
02-26-2003, 11:38 PM
Go for the MiniMag it is great!!!!

No, the body cannot be annodized.
Yes, the LX works great with it no problems or extra pieces needed.

Only big thing to make sure you buy is a different barrel. The one on it is short and unported making it very loud! It also is a "bigger bore" barrel, and the balls don't fly as straight as they should. (At least PMI and Diablo's don't)

Have fun with your gun!!!!!

ahira
02-26-2003, 11:47 PM
Hey buy it!!! I shoot a mini-mag with a hopper right. Im running hpa on mine because of the velocity spikes of co2. Right now i have the inteliframe and the retro valve in mine. i also shoot a dye stainless steal barrel. i have had great sucess with my mini. it is a very fast shooting and accurate marker. a littel tlc and that mag will smoke an autococker in my opinion, but thats just me.(i have an autococker to and i perfer my mag) look into the new x bolt though if your going to get a new reg for it. the x bolt comes with the lvl 10 already in it. thats my next investment along with an 88 4500psi air america raptor rex system. well enough of my rambling. i hope you enjoy your mag as much as ive enjoyed mine.

maglover52
02-27-2003, 01:31 AM
yeah look at this one that a guy is selling on here. its annoed.

Hexis
02-27-2003, 09:44 AM
No, it’s not anodized. It’s probably powdercoated, which can go on any type of metal (within reason). Anodizing is a process that only works on aluminum. The stainless steel body of the Minimag/Automag/E-Mag/RT-Pro/RT can not be anodized.