PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting Boo-Yaah to work!

Luther
02-24-2003, 07:50 PM
Hey I just bought a Boo-Yaah and have had a little trouble. Now this problem could be because it is low on battery but I don't have a charger right now and just want to make sure I didn't do anything wrong while putting it on.

I followed some directions about taking the trigger rod off the sear and then put the new on/off in and it looked as if I had done everything right. When I gassed it up there were no leaks and everything seemed fine but the trigger didn't do anything. I pulled it and it clicked like it usually does but there was no fire. Now I do not have a charger and have not been able to get it charged since I got it but I bought it used so there could be some left in the battery. And the LCD screen was still working too. I just want a confirmation on what the problem is even if it's just the battery I would like to know.

Thanks!

hostage
02-24-2003, 07:57 PM
Put a regular 9v and try it like that. If you have a standard 9v in there, then the battery meter on the lcd will not work, other than that it will operate fine, try adjusting your pulse rate, to do that hold both buttons down till you see pulse come up, if it turns off then you held it to long. LMK also read my faq
-Doron

Luther
02-24-2003, 08:47 PM
Put a new 9V in and gassed it back up. Made a puttering noise at first but same thing. Also tried changing the pulse length, still nothing. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. The trigger just pulls like it normally does when it's not on the gun. What else could I be doing wrong? Do you think its me or the frame?

Thanks!

xen_100
02-25-2003, 02:02 PM
you may have to adjust the noid. make it so it is closer to pulling the trigger before it is pulled. then it take less energy to pull it.

Luther
02-25-2003, 03:05 PM
Hey I finally got it to work. It had something to do with the frame. I took off the grip to see if anything was wrong, I poked around a little and then it started working. But it is still a little inconsistant. Like it will stop working like it did before for a short period of time. Something to do with the electroics, Im not sure. Tell me what you think.

Peter

xen_100
02-25-2003, 03:08 PM
I still think it need adjsutment to the noid. if it is working, but all the time, it wont need much, just a little nudge.

Luther
02-25-2003, 03:11 PM
How do I adjust the noid?

xen_100
02-25-2003, 03:18 PM
depends how old it is.........the older ones had two small allen screws up by the sear. you adjsut it by moving the noid housing forward a little. dont move it alot, about 1/32" per try. it takes a little time to adjsut, but once you got it, it works.

if it is a newer one, they have these little spacers that go in behind the noid's plunger. if you dont have those, you can either adjust it the old way, or may some spacers yourself.