PDA

View Full Version : know what i'd buy?

mag-hatter
02-24-2003, 08:19 PM
i'd buy a pf body with a built in elbow. no more cheap plastic elbows that rock back and forth, and or snap when you put pressure on them.

PsychoBaller
02-24-2003, 08:23 PM
some guns come with metal elbows and such..... but for mags.... No-rise bodies have built in ajustment so u dont need a vert elbow, and Xmags/SFL Emags have lo-rise bodies so u could just used a hose clamp like Load and myself, instead o an elbow.

In your case... a no-rise body would be best suited.

mag-hatter
02-24-2003, 11:06 PM
i heard those have a problem with the balls being blown up into the hopper again, but i have lx, so i guess it shouldnt be that bad, right?

the agd store only sells them for emags and rt's. is there a site i can get them at?

Mossman
02-25-2003, 12:38 AM
Emag/RTP bodies work just fine on regular mags, just not the other way around.

I think AGD might be out of stock, but if you like VF then the no-rise is as good as it gets, especially with a halo and LX :)

The adjustable elbow thing would be cool, but decent quality plastic ones work just fine if you take care of em. Personally if i take a fall on my gun/hopper, the elbow is the first thing I want to break and absorb the impact :)

Jerhew
02-25-2003, 02:14 AM
someone sells billet aluminum elbows...
i can't remember where i saw em...
gotta be better than plastic if you don't like vert feed(me)

mag-hatter
02-25-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Mossman
Emag/RTP bodies work just fine on regular mags, just not the other way around.

I think AGD might be out of stock, but if you like VF then the no-rise is as good as it gets, especially with a halo and LX :)

The adjustable elbow thing would be cool, but decent quality plastic ones work just fine if you take care of em. Personally if i take a fall on my gun/hopper, the elbow is the first thing I want to break and absorb the impact :)

i dont have a halo though. i have an xboard revvi. would that work alright? i also have intellifeed on it.

lol. i bought one of those "decent quality" ones and i tightened it to fit my gun (and no, i didnt over tighten), just enough so it wouldnt slip around and SNAP, the neck broke.

Kevmag
02-25-2003, 10:30 AM
I have a VLbow (I think that's what it's called). It has a plastic shim where it connects to the Powerfeed. It's tight w/o over tightening.

fire1811
02-25-2003, 11:51 AM
i have had a norise body for months and there is no
blow back on the balls. who ever told u this is wrong :D
there great bodies
the only complaint i have about them is the allen screw they put in to clamp the neck down is very easily striped.
but 5 cents l8r im ready to go with new screw.
another thing i suppose is the feed tube is really big
with my new egg i had to actually run a bead of superglue on the hopperneck to fatten it up a little so it would stay tight.

all in all i love the norise

*edit* oh yeah mag-hatter u might try tunaman he usually has some.

magsRus
02-25-2003, 12:08 PM
why not just get a center feed?

magman007
02-25-2003, 12:34 PM
because the centerfeed is percieved too be really high, yet it is actually the loewst high rise on the market, tom did a comparison a while back.

On the marker, it does feel really high, i will say that

fire1811
02-25-2003, 01:08 PM
but if you can put ur hopper as low as it will go(norise) and not have ANY feeding side effects why not do it?
less of a target to shoot at.