PDA

View Full Version : webdogradio.us by tyger...check out the archives

aaron_mag
02-25-2003, 01:12 AM
It is very interesting to see the abc news clips that Tyger has posted on his site. Things have come a loooong way since 1986 in terms of public opinion. That psychologist was a MORON!!!!

It would be interesting to see what he thought about Football!

Anyway it was an interesting blast from the past. The website is www.webdogradio.us

Tyger
02-26-2003, 03:56 AM
Well, technically, the old stuff is at : http://www.webdogradio.us/video/oldschool

I'm glad ya like it! The Tom Kaye vid is archived on my site, and I know that Tom's got it on his stash somewhere.

And, as I find more old videos, I'll scan 'em and put 'em out there. :)

-Tyger

aaron_mag
02-26-2003, 11:15 AM
I know that some of you were around in those old days but most of us were oblivious to what it was really like. Listening to a psychologist talk about how it is basically the product of an unhealthy mind and will lead to further violence is fascinating.

Also we have come a long way in terms of safety (barrel plugs etc.) That is not to say, however, that the games did not look like fun:D

Hexis
02-26-2003, 03:58 PM
I'll have to listen to em when I get home. The funny thing is that I am far more at peace after I have played paintball than before. Perhaps it's just because it's recreation.

aaron_mag
02-26-2003, 04:30 PM
They are not radio they are actual video.

HoppysMag
02-26-2003, 04:38 PM
for being a shrink he fails to see his own defense mechanism, DENIAL! lol he refuses to even listen to anyone...

folder504
02-27-2003, 06:53 PM
It's interesting to see how different the game is nowadays. Those guys can really pump out the paint with those pump guns.

Fred
02-27-2003, 08:52 PM
It's all about the AutoTrigger... I'd be curious to get my Sterling or Phantom over a chrono that counts BPS so I could see what I was really capable in "Crazy Mofo AT Mode"... :D

My personal favorite part of the videos are the 2+ foot long feed tubes on the Sheridan pumps (PGP), and the old Nelspots... they actually look cool when taken in context with the outfits they wore back then.

---Fred

Everclear
02-28-2003, 05:24 AM
Gald too see you got the site going. Last time I check it, it wasn't working. Something like that.

DiRTyBuNNy
02-28-2003, 12:39 PM
that video from the knoxville indoor is awesome..that's about the time I got into paintball..do you have any other video from about that timeframe that you can put up? (I love how everyone had Mags too..how easily people forget.)

Machina123
02-28-2003, 06:24 PM
u use to have to be 18 to play. wow that would be pretty mad. i liked the team called mickeys jihad;)

DiRTyBuNNy
02-28-2003, 07:09 PM
the funniest part about Mickey's Jihad is that i think it was made up of Disney employees...

aaron_mag
02-28-2003, 07:54 PM
Yeah I also like the name Mickey's Jihad. It showed that the players "got it". They had a sense of humor about it all. This, however, was lost on the shrink:)

Tyger
03-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
that video from the knoxville indoor is awesome..that's about the time I got into paintball..do you have any other video from about that timeframe that you can put up?

I've got more from the Knox indoor, I'll find some of the more intresting games. IT was a 2 tape set, and I've oly GOT tape 1. I've also got a tape form the '92 Knox indoor, you'd have to see it to believe it. :)

Then there's the '86 "Paintball Tactics" video... either 86 op 89.... Yipe. I'll see whatI can do, let me finish the Skyball project.

-Tyger

Everclear
03-18-2003, 12:56 AM
Told ya My camera's slow. Must just missed the pose.

Who'd you fair in mudd bogging outta there? I put her in 2nd and gave 'er. Went right through, I was a bit nervous though.

AGD
03-18-2003, 02:59 AM
I suspect that Diana Dobbins is Jerry Dobbins wife and mother of Riana Dobbins from Indian Creek Designs. They were around back then so its a good possibility.

AGD

Tyger
03-18-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Everclear
Who'd you fair in mudd bogging outta there? I put her in 2nd and gave 'er. Went right through, I was a bit nervous though.

Not bad, actually, Just drove out of the ruts, and it was all OK. :)

Stay tuned, actually. In the near future I'll be filming Players Club games for use on Web Dog, I've got plans to do periodic "Videos". I'll announce the when, if you'd like to show up. I an point my camera at YOU then!

-Tyger