PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: AGD Videos Online

warpfeedmod
02-25-2003, 07:52 AM
Okay so due to popular demand I've got all three videos in their full form on my harddrive now in .MPG format. I've also got them in .AVI (DiVX) but it's not that much smaller. Anyway, the problem is the Classic 68 mag video is approx an hour and a half long and a bit over 900 megabytes.

The RT/RTPro and Emag vids aren't that large I believe (don't have the numbers off the top of my head here at work), but they're each about only 30 - 45 mins long.

These are the COMPLETE vids, not split up, I'm still working on those :p

Now my only problem is I don't have a fast enough connection at home to host these, nor do I have nearly enough web space. I'm wondering if anyone out there would be willing to "donate" space to host these? I can possibly put them up on my machine using Kazaa and just give you the user names to look for, or even setup an FTP account at home for you all to download them. (wouldn't be that fast of a download though).

If you've got some webspace drop me a PM and maybe we can setup an account or something so I can send the files over.

Any other ideas/comments please post em here.

If you've got no idea what I'm talking about, about two weeks ago I posted this (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68235) poll asking if you'ld all be willing to download the videos. Several of you replied/pmmed me that you wanted the entire video, better quality, etc. Well ask and ye shall recieve :p

cledford
02-25-2003, 09:21 AM
I think I can post them here at work and can let you know by this afternoon. I had your same idea a while back (12/2001) - but never got any advice on how to convert the videos.

My thread was here:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18326

If you check the thread out you'll see that I've got the only copy (I know about) of the Pro-line auto response video. It is chock full of old school "'magology" and has some awesome footage. I'd like to get it converted and posted as well.

Can you let me know how much storage you'll need for the videos you've converted?

-Calvin

Mr.Minus
02-25-2003, 09:36 AM
cool!, this is awesome, someone host these!!!
i got 50 meg or something i could maybe host on comcast.home

not nearly enough though :(

cledford
02-25-2003, 09:37 AM
I've got a web server 1 hop from our core layer 3 backbone. We're the 3rd largest IP carrier - so bandwidth and uptime won't be an issue.

-Calvin

alkafluence
02-25-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by cledford
I've got a web server 1 hop from our core layer 3 backbone. We're the 3rd largest IP carrier - so bandwidth and uptime won't be an issue.

-Calvin

I can mirror them on a webserver elsewhere - on an OC-3 backbone, tied into Time Warner Telecom.

personman
02-25-2003, 04:22 PM
I want/need the e-mag videos!
Must prevent doing stupid things with my gun!
:p

Mr.Minus
02-28-2003, 02:54 PM
any updates on this?

warpfeedmod
02-28-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Minus
any updates on this?

yeah sorry all been busy with work here, we've started our annual sales conferences.oh joy

anyway I've re-recorded them in a bit higher-quality/resolution and I've yet to contact any of those that posted above about getting some space. But I can ftp them over to ya if you've got the room. I'm losing my connection at home probably within the month and will be waiting for a cheaper alternative to the dsl I've got now. I can still connect and FTP from work so if I can get a good host I'll just send em out from here.

cledford
02-28-2003, 03:44 PM
Can I get a total on disk space required? I can then check on the server that we've got some extra space on...

-Calvin

warpfeedmod
02-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by cledford
Can I get a total on disk space required? I can then check on the server that we've got some extra space on...

-Calvin

I'll double-check when I get home but I'm guessing between all three videos it'll be more then a gig.

Mr.Minus
02-28-2003, 06:52 PM
is there any way to skip a host and go comp to comp?

personman
02-28-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Minus
is there any way to skip a host and go comp to comp?
AIM..
:p :p :p
Hehe I wanna watch this thing but I'm too poor for a real website!

WARPED1
02-28-2003, 10:47 PM
I'd like the RT/RTP video please!

felony
03-01-2003, 03:03 PM
I upload circa 600kbs, so if you can download that fast or faster, you will be about 70kbytes/s i believe.

I'm on DSL and haven't had an outtage for monthes, if you can send em to me, I will let anyone download them on KAZAA.

Of course I would be using the PC for late night gameing, but if you leave your KAZAA up and when I'm done, i'll log on and you can download away. Could also leave it up during the day @ school.

I'm sure other people got faster uploads, but not many will be abloe to download that fast consistantly.. anywho, let me know..

Dan

WARPED1
03-01-2003, 03:07 PM
Won't use Kazzaa,too much spyware.Even kazaa lite has some.I use Bear Share.Guarenteed no spyware!

felony
03-01-2003, 07:25 PM
I'll help if needed, on a p2p network.

My webspace can only have so much traffic, and downloading 900 meg files doesn't fit in the equation..

Dan

AutomagBoy
03-01-2003, 08:40 PM
burn them to a cd and mail them to the person who will host, then you wont lose any quality during transfer.

Mr.Minus
03-11-2003, 03:49 PM
uppers....that ^^ would be an idea???
any way to do this or no updates....

RUFF N TUFF
04-10-2003, 05:18 PM
when u guys finnaly do do this or if u ever do e mail me when u get the e mag vid up

WARPED1
04-10-2003, 05:30 PM
They up on Bearshare? Or can you put them there?

Demobilized
04-10-2003, 05:57 PM
I was looking foward to these!

WARPED1
04-10-2003, 05:59 PM
I'd like to get the EMag one, since I have one now, but don't know much about it!

adam shannon
04-10-2003, 11:56 PM
somebody with a good hookup to a fat pipe better host these. anybody who is paying by the gig is gonna get creamed in bandwidth. i host streaming video and i push over a terrabyte a month...the bills arent pretty. anybody who doesnt have a good hookup is gonna get killed hosting these.

kazaa is an option...but as we all know most people take and dont give...so that would just be frustration at .09 kb/s.

free hosts would boot your acct after 5 minutes of that kind of bandwidth drain. and most low level hosting packages only give you so many gigs a month...that would be blown really quick.

WARPED1
04-11-2003, 12:16 AM
I use bearshare, no spyware. I don't know how ya go about doing it. Can't you just upload it from your machine?

warpfeedmod
04-11-2003, 12:29 PM
update:

Sorry been afk from this project for a bit what with real life and all sticking it's grubby hands in there. I should have some more time coming up and will be getting them completed. I'll toss some emails to those of you who offered space once i get them completed. Just to recap, the COMPLETE videos will be fairly large and I wouldnt' reccomend downloading them unless you've got a pretty fat pipe connection :p

ill get some more updates, shoudl have the emag vid done this weekend actually.

WARPED1
04-11-2003, 01:30 PM
Whata a "fat pipe connection"? Help us compooter illiterates. I have cable modem, is that what ya mean?

RUFF N TUFF
04-11-2003, 07:14 PM
iight if u get them up holla at me

warpfeedmod
04-12-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Whata a "fat pipe connection"? Help us compooter illiterates. I have cable modem, is that what ya mean?

lol yeah sorry about that. My ghetto leet speek mus thave confused you :)

I mean if you have DSL or Cable or some other high-speed you shouldn't have a problem, dial-ups will hvae issues downloading because the file size will just get to be so large.