PDA

View Full Version : Need help on a Timmy

Mag pusher
02-25-2003, 04:04 PM
A kid on one of our teams has bought a used Timmy and it's not working. Since nobody wanted to help him, I said Iwould try AO. I know some of you guys have Timmys and maybe you can help me. It leaks air out of the front of the bolt. It fires, but at a very slow rof. Any suggestiones you may have are appreciated highly

wyn1370
02-25-2003, 04:25 PM
first, this should be in the tech forum
second, try here first clicky, clicky (http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26282)
I don't remember what fix is needed right off hand, but it's a common one

paintball8869
02-25-2003, 04:38 PM
first. Your leak is the cupseal. Replace it. You can get to it buy pulling off the gripframe and the front ASA (aka reg housing). Then look down into the gun where the reg housing was, and you'll see a spring, poppet, and then a white cupseal (it's a washer looking thing). PUll the out, probably jsut flip it over and it should be fine. If not, just get a new one and you'll be all set.

Second. Your slow BPS. Make sure the dipswitches are setup correctly for highest rate of fire. CHeck these things.

1. What board do you have? WAS Equalizer, SOB, 1.4.3 select fire?

2. Tip the gun downwards (barrel towards the ground) and rail on the trigger. If it shoots fine, then your balls are rolling backwards and out of site of the eyes when in normal play. Make sure hte bolt lines up perfectly with the back of hte feedtube (do this by getting an adjustable ram cap).

3. Make sure the eyes are clean and ON. Remember, you can't change (and save) settings through the LCD menu, unless you have the WAS Equalizer board.

If you need any more help, feel free to im me xtremepbma on both AIM and Yahoo messengers.