PDA

View Full Version : Crossfire Paintball Magazine

Josh2Xtremes
02-25-2003, 07:19 PM
Hey guys and girls, as I'm sure you all already know, Paintball 2Xtremes Magazine (that's us) have acquired Crossfire Paintball Magazine and are making it an all new, 100% recreational magazine. We've decided to give an entire magazine of coverage every month to the people who scrimp and save and drive eight hours and pay retail and bust their butts to play the game we all love. That means we're going to be covering something like between two and five scenario and big games per issue of the new magazine when it debuts next month.

Because we're all busy running around covering everything, we can't be everywhere at once. We're always looking for good people who would like to snap a few pictures and write a few words about the games they attend. If you are interested in playing paintball and getting your name out into the paintball journalistic world (not to mention getting paid for the trouble) and would like to know more, get in touch with either myself at Josh@pb2x.com or my boss directly at editor@pb2x.com. Go AO!
Josh

Meph
02-26-2003, 01:18 AM
I can't wait to see how Crossfire is going to turn out. Though I'm also hoping the writers I know already working for Crossfire aren't going to have to look for a new job as well.

But for Scenarios, Big Games, tactics/tips, what not. You already have my e-mail. I plan on sending in quite a bit of material for you these next few months.

Bucky
02-26-2003, 02:31 AM
any requirements for artical? i mean aside of being paintball related.

Josh2Xtremes
02-26-2003, 02:42 AM
All I can say is that everyone's ideas are their own where paintball articles are concerned. If you go to an event and don't see anyone there taking pictures or writing it up, do it yourself...try your hand. Look through the latest magazines and you'll find yourself saying "gee I'd like to see more articles like this or that or the other" and write those articles yourself! Consider your first submission to us your resume. I generally like articles to be between 500 and 1000 words, though big scenarios and big games can be longer (as if I don't have ENOUGH editing to do). Focus on who, what, when, where, why. Proper grammar and such are nice, but hey this is paintball we all have to make our sacrifices here and there. This kind of stuff isn't for everyone, and not everyone's articles will be printed, but hey, if you don't try you'll never know. You're welcome to email me or PM me and bounce article ideas off me. I'm happy to help in any way I can. Good luck!
Josh

ShooterJM
02-26-2003, 09:12 AM
I have a question for you! Any ideas on picture taking? I sent a couple tech articles to you guys that have been approved, I'm just having issues getting good pictures. Any tips?

Timmee
03-02-2003, 01:10 PM
Hmm, would an article on an AO day be the type of article Crossfire would run? It's supposed to have door prizes, a pick-up toruney, and a Top Gun competition, as well as regular games.

Josh2Xtremes
03-03-2003, 01:58 AM
I would definitely print such a thing in Paintball 2Xtremes! In fact, we have an article on an AO day coming out next month. Keep an eye out!
Josh

Timmee
03-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Would PB2X accept an unsolicited freelance article? I'd love to write an article for a PB magazine, but I don't want to put forth the effort just to be told that they can't use it because it wasn't a planned article.

One last question for now, how many pictures do you usually take at an event?

Josh2Xtremes
03-05-2003, 03:43 AM
You have NO idea how many articles the paintball magazines end up printing are actually unsolicited pieces that we end up liking. However, since you ask, go ahead. But I WILL say this: Your first article submission to us should be considered your resume. If it's great, we'll not only print it and pay you for it, but ask you for more later. If it's not so good, well, don't call us, we'll call you. No promises either way, go for it, I'd love to see it and most likely print it.
Josh