PDA

View Full Version : ULE-Mag's First Performance... GLOWING!

Jonesie
02-25-2003, 09:07 PM
Alright, as a few of you know, I am the proud new owner of a ULE-Mag. That's an E-Mag with ULE Frame, Rail and X-Valve. For MGO I fitted it with a Warp, HALO and Freak Kit. Pic below.

I have to give mad props to the guys at AGD (Tom) and the Guys @ Odyssey (Tex, whom I was very glad to meet). In 8 tourney games playing front, crawling in the mud, rain, and odd angle shots I did not have ONE break in the gun.

The gun was awesome. Kudos Tom! You have a good thing going with this one. BTW - I hybrid, I was able to sweetspot 14BPS over the Chrono!

Later ~ Dave

http://www.jonesie.com/images/paintball/ule-mag-s.jpg

joeyjoe367
02-25-2003, 09:11 PM
Wow, Very nice. I'm green with envy. Real quick, did you just polish that ULE rail up? or is that nickel/chrome plating?

SlipknotX556
02-25-2003, 09:12 PM
OOOOOO Shinny.

luke
02-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Simplicity is still “purty”...:D

darklord
02-25-2003, 09:20 PM
Um, call me a sinner, because I ENVY you! :D

I want an x-valve :( add that and my e-mag will be similar to yours, well.... at least, for the ULE part :(

Jonesie
02-25-2003, 09:33 PM
It's not plated. The ULE rails come unfinished, and Tunaman put that one on the buffer when he assembled the gun.

My ULE-Mag with Warp and HALO FEELS like it weighs less than an SFL E-Mag witha HALO. Haven't put them on a scale yet, but that's how it felt. A TONE lighter than a stock E-Mag.

Dave

Sinistarr
02-25-2003, 09:38 PM
Sweet marker man! Were you able to keep tight? I should hope so with that beauty!

Got those pics for the other tourney, finally. Getting them uploaded tonight.

G

Tunaman
02-25-2003, 10:04 PM
Does it RIP or what?!!! Glad you like it.:D ;) :p

Kevmaster
02-25-2003, 10:07 PM
im a fan

cledford
02-25-2003, 10:08 PM
Tuna,

Nice job on the rail want to do mine? (for a price of course :) )

What do you do to keep it from oxidizing?

-Calvin

Load SM5
02-25-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Jonesie

My ULE-Mag with Warp and HALO FEELS like it weighs less than an SFL E-Mag witha HALO. Haven't put them on a scale yet, but that's how it felt. A TONE lighter than a stock E-Mag.

Dave

You lie......:D

Tunaman
02-25-2003, 10:30 PM
Calvin...send it here I'll polish it for ya. A little "Nevr-Dull" will keep it shiny forever.

magman007
02-25-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5

You lie......:D

yes, i concour!

pito189
02-25-2003, 11:45 PM
Very nice E.

I think everyone has a 4500 Flatline besides me. :(

madmatt151
02-26-2003, 12:32 AM
I don't have one. Feel better?

FooTemps
02-26-2003, 12:34 AM
I don't either... The 3000 is in the mail though...

Jonesie
02-26-2003, 09:19 AM
Did I mention that even the cheap paint was ZERO BOUNCE at MGO! That makes it all sooo much more amazing! (to me anyway). ;)

Jonesie - Out!

Little Matt
02-26-2003, 04:05 PM
How would I get my hands on a ULE frame, I've heard alot of talk about them but have not see where I can buy one.

Later,

covadsucks
02-26-2003, 06:22 PM
Put a Timmy 63 trigger on it and hit 14 on Emode like nothing!:D By the way, how's the dropforward situation?

darklord
02-26-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Little Matt
How would I get my hands on a ULE frame, I've heard alot of talk about them but have not see where I can buy one.

Later, Stalk the misc. classifieds like a hawk, that's where I got mine. Or you can try Tunaman, he sells em.

rdb123
02-26-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by covadsucks
Put a Timmy 63 trigger on it and hit 14 on Emode like nothing!:D By the way, how's the dropforward situation?

A little off-topic, but how exactly would a Timmy63 trigger make you shoot faster??? My understand is that you'd be always hitting the low points (because the high-points on the trigger are removed).

Could anyone enlighten me?

Thanks

-Ron

BTW, very nice looking ULE-MAG and I think you're lying about it being lighter than my SFL. ;)

EDIT: And that looks like an 8" barrel hehe.

Jonesie
02-26-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by covadsucks

The drop is fine now that I tightened down the screw... :rolleyes:

For those of you who don't know, here's the story. Before one of our games, my tank became loose on the drop forward, where the dovetail pieces meet...

Well, I didn't have time before a game to go get a wrench to tighten it, so I went onto the field hoping for the best, which didn't happen.

On the break I Superman into the center 'snake' thing and my darn tank come RIGHT off the drop, held only to the gun by the MACRO LINE! I end up gripping the Warp and the Reg of my Flatline from underneath with my left hand, wile shooting with my right hand.

I managed to get at least one guy (back middle standup) while shooting from this position. Not terribly comfortable, but it worked. At least the marco didn't come loose too! :D

Dave

covadsucks
02-27-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by rdb123

A little off-topic, but how exactly would a Timmy63 trigger make you shoot faster??? My understand is that you'd be always hitting the low points (because the high-points on the trigger are removed).

I have found it much easier to walk the trigger with the blade trigger, you have a flat contact point at all times. You only need to clip the edge of the trigger with both fingers to get it singing like most of the Timmy or Matrix crowd.;)

hardr0ck68
02-27-2003, 03:38 PM
i was shootin 0 bounce hellfire the whole time and i got threw most of a case and only had 2 barrel breaks, no breach....i figure the barrel breaks were cause of the intense amounts of mud that made it into my barrel

cledford
02-28-2003, 11:34 PM
Upping this beautiful gun :D

Honestly, I haven't been able to stop looking at it in a week. I just bought a ULE frame and am shipping the ULE rail to Tuna for polishing on Monday.

What LX spring are you using? No breaks in 8 cases is awesome!

-Calvin

Tunaman
02-28-2003, 11:50 PM
I believe I started with the middle spring on this marker. It worked awesome so I left it alone...:D

Jonesie
03-01-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Tunaman
I believe I started with the middle spring on this marker. It worked awesome so I left it alone...:D

Whatever you did, keep it up! :D Kudos to you Rob, my fullest recommendation!

Dave