PDA

View Full Version : moderators get on the same page

branman444
02-26-2003, 09:04 AM
I was told not to use AGD to host images but the administrator states right here that you can if you need to so please get on the same page. I used to think all you guys were cool but lately i have been convenced otherwise.

RobAGD
Cantankerous Administrator
• If you use a sig image, try to have that image placed on your own server or webspace. (not on automags.org) If you lack any place to host your image, you may attach it in the friendly corner and link it from there.

branman444
02-26-2003, 09:05 AM
img

cphilip
02-26-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by branman444
I was told not to use AGD to host images but the administrator states right here that you can if you need to so please get on the same page. I used to think all you guys were cool but lately i have been convenced otherwise.

I have no idea what you are even talking about...

There may have been some confusion about the interpretation of the new rules but I realy do not know what you are refering too at all...:confused:

wyn1370
02-26-2003, 09:16 AM
There's a difference between hosting your sig and hosting your photo album. If you're trying to host multiple pics, I could see there being an issue.
That and your sig image file size is too big.

cphilip
02-26-2003, 09:22 AM
OK I see the incident in question now. I will see what we can do to clarify that one. It is a bit confusing to us too. So we will see if we can define it a little better. It's new to us too.

It's my first impression that the intent was to not have people start posts just for the purpose of hosting a signature image. That can be better accomplished while at the same time contributing to a post. I think that was the issue on that one. So we shall put our heads together and see if we can clarify that one for you.

branman444
02-26-2003, 09:24 AM
listen i have had two post closed in one day i have been trying to get something to work and people keep acting like i am junking up the forum where there are several post that have 1mb images attached and several img's at that my. sig is well within the limit here for those who have a prob refering to the original post

Sig images may NOT be larger than 175 x 350 pixels.
mine 115x250
Images must be under 20k.
mine 19k
Thanks but i am within the limits...

cphilip
02-26-2003, 09:26 AM
Yes, I do not think the size at this point is the issue at all. But it may have been part of the issue at the time they were closed as you note you have been playing with them some.

shartley
02-26-2003, 09:32 AM
Another thing that just baffles me is why folks feel the need to make a NEW thread JUST to post an image to use as their signature image. This is not only silly, but a total waste of bandwidth.

You see, if you NORMALLY post in a NORMAL thread, DO SO… and simply attach an image to your NORMAL post, and use THAT image’s location in your signature. AHHHHHHHHHHHH

There is no need to make a special thread for anyone to post signature images in, when they already post in normal constructive, and bandwidth worthy (although that could be debated as well.. LOL ;)) threads.

branman444
02-26-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by shartley
Another thing that just baffles me is why folks feel the need to make a NEW thread JUST to post an image to use as their signature image. This is not only silly, but a total waste of bandwidth.

You see, if you NORMALLY post in a NORMAL thread, DO SO… and simply attach an image to your NORMAL post, and use THAT image’s location in your signature. AHHHHHHHHHHHH

There is no need to make a special thread for anyone to post signature images in, when they already post in normal constructive, and bandwidth worthy (although that could be debated as well.. LOL ;)) threads.

i agree but i really didnt want to just post in someone elses thread and them wonder what the heck i was doing so i posted my own and they freaken ceep getting closed aaaaahhhh!!!:confused:

Restola
02-26-2003, 11:38 AM
branman - read:

...and simply attach an image to your NORMAL post...

branman444
02-26-2003, 11:55 AM
i dont ever post in the friendly the only reason i am posting is because of the images hosthing thing. I normaly only post int the help forum and they dont like pics there at all unless it has to do with helping you.... and I can READ thank you:eek:

shartley
02-26-2003, 12:26 PM
i dont ever post in the friendly the only reason i am posting is because of the images hosthing thing. I normaly only post int the help forum and they dont like pics there at all unless it has to do with helping you.... and I can READ thank you:eek:
Is this coming from the same person that wants the Moderators to "get on the same page"? You are more worried about posting a picture in the help forum attached to a post you would normally make because "they" don't like that.... yet come HERE and complain that your posts are being deleted because a moderator might have found them inappropriate for a number of reasons.

Oh yeah….

I used to think all you guys were cool but lately i have been convenced otherwise.
Sounds more like you just want to pick and choose who you want to worry about upsetting, no matter what the rules are, or no matter what is suggested to you. You simply want to do what you want to do…. Okay, I can deal with that. But next time please don’t blame the moderators.

They have enough to worry about....

branman444
02-26-2003, 12:44 PM

branman444
02-26-2003, 12:49 PM
ok i dont know what the problem is but all i wanted is a sig and the AGD administrator plainly states in the sig message that if you dont have web space to post the pic in the frienly and then link it from there so that is what i did and this is what i get. I got doged the first time i posted it because it was big from about three moderators and then told that i couldnt post it here by a moderator and that i couldnt link fron here for my sig when an AGD admin plainly says i can. after that moderator closed that post i posted another with a sig that is well in the limits and they jump on me agian with the you cant host images here thing. If you guys cant figure out who makes the rules around here thats not my fault but i think the name moderator would tell you that they are here to inforce rules and if thats so they sould know them and a admin is the dude that makes them up. Am i right? At least thats the way it works everywhere else. Oh and shartley i am simply doing what the administrator posted in the rules and if thats bad im not the one to blame!!!

shartley
02-26-2003, 12:52 PM
You missed what I was saying.. oh well. Might I suggest that you contact the site Admin directly about this? It seems that you are the first person who has had this problem.

branman444
02-26-2003, 12:58 PM
do you not see what i am saying and if i missed what you were saying what was it? Its simple you abide by the rules you get in trouble and you dont you get in more trouble I guess.
If you post a pic in the help for no reason you get talked to. so i was trying to respect that and because the admin said that i could do this i thought it was cool but i guess not i dont know what to think now. aaaahhhh my head hurts!!!

dansim
02-26-2003, 01:07 PM
shartley , in the sig rules post it says if you have to use ao as a host, but then miscue has been shutting things down saying find your own host so really theres a miscomunication somewhere

branman444
02-26-2003, 01:09 PM
thank you someone that understands FINALY!!!

shartley
02-26-2003, 01:12 PM
Take it up with Admin.... send to Webmaster@automags.org

branman444
02-26-2003, 01:25 PM
Take it up with Admin.... send to Webmaster@automags.org

will do and as i posted i hope the "moderators can get on the same page" as the admins....

WicKeD_WaYz
02-26-2003, 02:34 PM
stop complaining. It is a PRIVELEDGE IF they let you use AO to host a pic. That being said. I think they can delete any pic for any reason.

Its like this. You borrow someones truck. Dont get mad if he doesnt let you take it offroading. Same concept.

It has been said before. This is no democracy. You do what they tell you or leave the boards. I dont think they make the rules too hard to follow...

srry it just bugs me when people complain about the mods, remember theres always PB Nation.

branman444
02-26-2003, 02:43 PM
the problem is that some are telling me i can and some say i cant and im cought in the middle. you should read all the post before comenting and im not griping just trying to figure out why they are conflicking with eachother.

I dont need to borrow a guys truck to go offroading when i have my own (97 jeep grand cherokee limited 5.7 v8) verry offroad worthy...HEHE :cool:

Dayspring
02-26-2003, 02:43 PM
It's kinda funny. There have been several threads in Friendly dealing with sig tests, now surrounding the new rules, as well as prior to this.

The reason they're jumping on you is because you're wasting bandwidth by creating a new post when there are several to latch on to.

Now, let's sit down. Quit complaining and enjoy the boards.

irbodden
02-26-2003, 02:53 PM
listen i have had two post closed in one day

For being rude :rolleyes:

branman444
02-26-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by irbodden

For being rude :rolleyes:

Miscue:
BlackVCG already closed a similar thread. Don't use AO to host images.

irbodden:
Only 4x too big...

cphilip:
You failed your own test...

FiRe:
hehe...if your going to MSpaint your own "X" on the valve...try and do a nicer job

not you tell me who was being rude i was doing a simple test to make sure i new how to do something. is that such a sin!

BTAutoMag
02-26-2003, 03:11 PM
i think that there should be a sticky thread for this.

branman444
02-26-2003, 03:12 PM
i think i won the prize for having the most Controversial thread..... except for the no account babe one

irbodden
02-26-2003, 03:13 PM
BlackVCG:

For being rude to other people, this thread is closed.

Learn to read ?:rolleyes:

irbodden
02-26-2003, 03:16 PM
i think i won the prize for having the most Controversial thread

Rigghttt :rolleyes:

branman444
02-26-2003, 03:17 PM
who do you think the other people are refering to them or me? if he was refering to them hes crazy. i wants rude untill i got it.

BTAutoMag
02-26-2003, 03:17 PM
i think i won the prize for having the most Controversial thread..... except for the no account babe one

NOPE:)

not by a long shot. theres a couple around that are just wrong...

branman444
02-26-2003, 03:19 PM
must have been before my time then HEHE!!:p

BTAutoMag
02-26-2003, 03:22 PM
ooooooh no

theres one here about a girl names toodamnsweet that is pretty controversial... tom gave her an RT Pro after it hit 1000 posts. its now over 3000 and still going. some people on this site hate her for that. i just say its good advertising

BTAutoMag
02-26-2003, 03:23 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36109

cphilip
02-26-2003, 03:27 PM
So how come you guys cannot remember to only post your signature once per thread? (Sigh...)

See the new official Signature test thread at the top of this forum. From this point on that is the only place to do it.

BTAutoMag
02-26-2003, 03:34 PM
sorry phil. and thanks for heeding my idea. itll free up some clutter

branman444
02-26-2003, 03:37 PM
oops sorry didnt catch that.....

cphilip
02-26-2003, 03:39 PM
Actaully it was webbies idea but I guess great minds like you and he think alike! ;)

Thanks you guys for cooperating.

BTAutoMag
02-26-2003, 03:41 PM
cphilip

is there any way the webby can make it to where after youre first post you sig will be turned off after it so that it will only apear once. its not that i dont want to turn it off. i just always forget to click the little box...

BTAutoMag
02-26-2003, 03:42 PM
YAY!!!!!!
i'm a great mind i feel special:)

shartley
02-26-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag
ooooooh no

theres one here about a girl names toodamnsweet that is pretty controversial... tom gave her an RT Pro after it hit 1000 posts. its now over 3000 and still going. some people on this site hate her for that. i just say its good advertising
Sorry, but that is not quite accurate. I don't know of anyone who hates her because she got an RT Pro for hitting 1000 posts. I don't actually know anyone who DOES hate her, period.

I think the feelings expressed have more to do than with simply the giving of a marker... that is a bit oversimplified. ;) But it is over now… right? :D

BTAutoMag
02-26-2003, 03:45 PM
i talked to her. she said that some people do and she got a number of pms about it that were rather mean and vulgar. she didnt name any names though

branman444
02-26-2003, 03:47 PM
Come on guys lets see if we can make mine hit 1000 (JOKING)
that is cool though. I have emaild the adminand am awaiting his reply on the sig thing until then!

shartley
02-26-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag
i talked to her. she said that some people do and she got a number of pms about it that were rather mean and vulgar. she didnt name any names though
I think folks were upset, and vented, yes. But I don’t think people hate her… at least not now. ;) And I never did hate her. (I know, you didn’t say I did.)

I was involved in that whole thing, and I spoke my mind, but tried to remain as respectful as I could considering the situation. Yes, I am sure some folks went a bit far with it…. but they also do so with most every issue, don’t they? ;)

As for good advertising…. WHAT advertising? How many Trekies did she get to go to the event? And wasn’t most of the “talk” on AO from current Mag owners and AO Members? I think this whole thing needs to be dropped AGAIN, before people bring up things that should best be left alone. ;) Don’t you?

branman444
02-26-2003, 03:53 PM
SURE (not knowing exactly what you are talking about) But sure anyway

shartley
02-26-2003, 03:54 PM
LOL You know the saying "beating a dead horse"? This is the dead horse. :D

cphilip
02-26-2003, 03:59 PM
that is cool though. I have emaild the adminand am awaiting his reply on the sig thing until then!

What is it you wish to know? I am an Admin...I realy had no idea you had any further questions...

irbodden
02-26-2003, 04:02 PM
Let me guess, you are originally from PBNation?

branman444
02-26-2003, 04:06 PM
no im not. i really dont even know who that is. but i take it its not too good.

i emailed an amdin of the forum and asked if the rule was
i can post my sig and then referance it in the friendly or i cant because i have been told both about a gillion times.

cphilip
02-26-2003, 04:09 PM
Ok well most of even the members can tell you that one...

but here is is. Once you uploaded it...go to the image and hold your mouse over it. Right click on it and then look at the properties. Highlight them and copy them. Then go to your profile and paste that into your signature box with the image tags around it.

Then it will show up. Now I assumed you had already done that and that was why it was showing up? So I realy do not quite understand why you are asking but...

And you have clearly been told in the Signature rules you can have one but it must conform to the size limits. That you realy have never been told wrong. I realy have no idea what you are trying to ask at all. You are not making any sense. You have a signature now. And are using it now and I asked you to use it once per thread. That should be clear enough!

Nor do I understand why you were talking to me all day and didn't ask me. You had a Mod/Admin on your arse all day and never asked! :rolleyes:

branman444
02-26-2003, 04:14 PM
that is what this whol frikin thread is about well untill a little while ago. I didnt realize that a MOD and an admin is the same thing. I have been told by several Mods that you arnt supose to do that and even had two treads closed that delt with it. anyway:confused:

cphilip
02-26-2003, 04:22 PM
OK let me tell you EXACTLY what I have told you already.

You are not supposed to start a thread soley for the purpose of making a signature. I told you that already. And they (the Mods) closed em for that reason.

You can make one on any active thread while you are posting on those during normal chating and response. And now I even made a special place for you to do it. All this time I was catering to you and trying to get you in the right frame of mind you have not been paying attention. Now that should solve your problem in the future. Although all the others had no trouble making thiers and at the same time contributing to a thread. So I realy have no idea what you are still carrying on about. You have your signature. You have your answer. You have your rules. Let's get on with our lives! :)

Most times an Admin and a Mod are not the same thing. I just happen to be both. I am "Special" :D

branman444
02-26-2003, 04:26 PM
Thanks i understand. I didnt think that is why they closed them if someone would be a LITTLE more clear (not you). I guess i got confused after reading all the other stuff that has been posted. cphilip Do you do this for a job? man i feal for you!!

branman444
02-26-2003, 04:53 PM
this has because a sig debate!!!:p Im glad we got things cleared up :eek: and im sorry for being a but head but felt like i had been miss led in a million directions.

SIG's
I want to see all of yours (hope this isnt a bad thing to do)so post them here and anyone that has a new one and wants to post it to link to be my guest.

Jack & Coke
02-26-2003, 05:23 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=512608

:)

Restola
02-26-2003, 10:45 PM
Well, at least we now all have an accurate picture of what branman444's competency level is.

Everyone should be allowed one of these threads when they first start so we can evaluate them and place their future posts in context.

I hope he gets involved in the poltical discussions...:rolleyes:

branman444
02-26-2003, 10:49 PM
id tell you wat you could get involved in but id get banned

Gitaroo Man
02-26-2003, 10:51 PM
omg just STOP talking about it and thank you Jack and Coke, you are VERY right

branman444
02-26-2003, 10:53 PM
You know im glad im here.... so you guys can have someone to rag on!