PDA

View Full Version : Sweetspot and the emag on/off pin

Grahammlong
02-26-2003, 11:10 AM
I just got the x-valve. A friend of mine said that he replaced the on/off pin with an emag on/off pin. This friend claims that it makes the sweet spot on the gun more prevalent (easier to get the gun to sweet spot). Is this true? Will replacing the on/off pin with an emag on/off pin make my sweet spot easier to find?

MicroB
02-26-2003, 01:26 PM
to answer: yes it will, BUT there are alot of other things to consider when playing with on off pin length. It may also go full auto or run away. It may wear your bolt and sear to the point of replacement. Don't mess with your on off pin unless you no what you are doing.

B

Grahammlong
02-26-2003, 01:45 PM
If the emag on off pin is too short.... is there a different size pin that would enhance the sweet spot but not let it run away on me?

BlackVCG
02-26-2003, 04:35 PM
A .740-.745" pin provides a nice reactive trigger pull on an X-Valve in a regular Mag.

cdawg
02-27-2003, 05:05 PM
I use a .740 in my X-Valve/Intelliframe mag and I can get about a 10bps sweetspot without going runaway... it's very nice.

Grahammlong
02-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Where do I get a .740" on off pin?

MicroB
03-01-2003, 11:11 AM
You need to make one. Pull your on off pin out. Using a set of calipers measure your on/off pin to know what your starting with, should be .750. Then mark the pin with the calipers and a permanent marker at .745. Using a dremel and cutting wheel very carefully cut the on/off pin, exactlty on the line, even and level. Clean off any burs from cutting with a polishing stone or fine sand paper. Measure the pin again. Replace in marker and see how it works. Always start with the longest measurement(you can always make your pin shorter).

B

cdawg
03-01-2003, 11:14 AM
I STRONGLY recommend that you NOT cut or grind down an on/off pin. It will tear off the outer coating, and you will have premature wear on the pin. This also can void the warranty on your valve.

PM Tunaman or look at the online store for some different lengths. It shouldn't cost you more than $10. Just DO NOT modify your existing pin (it is also good to have a backup longer pin in case a tourney ref deems your trigger illegal).

MicroB
03-01-2003, 11:28 AM
The online store does not have anything other than standard lengths. The pin itself I'm pretty sure is stainless steel and won't wear like the sear. The sear has a protective coating on it. If tunaman is making them or has them than just order it. Like cdawg said its always nice to have a spare.

B

Grahammlong
03-03-2003, 01:11 PM
Thank you all for the helpful information. I really appreciate it.
Graham