PDA

View Full Version : Tom for us sfl'ers and the 2nd ball detent hole

magman007
02-26-2003, 12:17 PM
Tom, is it possible for us to punch out that little piece of metal on the non functional side, the one we plug with a broken detent, and turn it into a doubble detent system? could this harm any thing? Or woud this still work well? I could see feeding problems, but for that we could just use lighter detents, could we not? Is there any problem to me doing this?

PsychoBaller
02-26-2003, 12:27 PM
What size hex key do you use to take those detents off... i was wanting to take it out today for kiks, but none o my hex's fit.

The detent in my second non-functioning spot is a good detent, I just figured its a backup so if something ever happens to your main one, u just pop both out, and switch them.

Lost another foamy last night during practice again.. think I'll take Tuna's viewpoint and not put another one back in.

But anyways.. I dont think we need a double detent.

~da baller

magman007
02-26-2003, 01:13 PM
im just saying, why couldnt we use it? like, why do mags sometimes use a doubble nubbin system? why cant we use a doubble detent system? it would just be nice to know, thats all

Load SM5
02-26-2003, 01:20 PM
Depending on what nubbin you stick in there it won't be a problem. You could use 2 soft nubbins or one of the stiffer ones. I've though about doing it but the nubbins I have on hand work great even with a HALO. If it aint broke.......

ntn4502
02-26-2003, 02:39 PM
I'm an idiot, I looked at the detents and was like damn, one is broken who the hell would leave it in there like that....:rolleyes: :D

Load SM5
02-26-2003, 03:04 PM
yea I should have warned you about that one. Koosh was running 2 and one broke. He sent it to me with a hole there so I just plugged it with a broken detent. My HALO did'nt push past the single detent and everything fed fine so I left it.

rdb123
02-26-2003, 04:50 PM
Magman007, send it to Doc Nickel and he'll clean out that detent hole for you. Now, I'm using double silver angel bullet detents. =)

magman007
02-26-2003, 04:56 PM
sweet, but chile to alaska, thats a litle hard, il wait till i get back state side... as for my detent choice, im wanting to go with doubble warped sportz cog detents, i think those will flow well with the sfl. Also i am waiting on a cog styled e-mag selexcot switch from shartley, im a lefty, so i constantly bump my selector switch when playing.

rdb, how does it work doubble detented?

rdb123
02-26-2003, 05:05 PM
Well, the detent on the left side of the gun will stick in a lot further than that on the right side.

I kind of miss having the detent hole open because I could actually see if a ball was chambered to fire or not.

Oh well, stops doublefeeds from my HALO

-Ron

RobAGD
02-26-2003, 05:10 PM
Actually I would just leave it alone for several reasons.

#1 Its not alway in the right place for a ball detent, it was the Orginal Eye placemnent.

#2 That metal in there is part of the feed neck, I wouldnt screw with that unless you have the right tools and you can knock the neck out of its swedge. Then you have a nice loose feed neck.

-Robert

rdb123
02-26-2003, 05:56 PM
Well, I found that the original ball detent placement didn't take full use of the detent because the hole is at one of the vertices. This led to balls going past the detent if I had my barrel pointing straight down, immediately followed by me raising it quickly to parallel to the horizon.

-Ron

magman007
02-26-2003, 07:43 PM
ah, ok rob, dont touch the metal, gocha! thanks for the reply!

PsychoBaller
02-26-2003, 08:49 PM
as to how I get one o those suckers out, 1/8th hex key is too large, and the one smaller is too small...wuts the good word ?

~da "spreading the word of the Psycho" baller

Load SM5
02-26-2003, 08:59 PM
Well they're Angel detents so think metric. I'm not sure of the size but if you use your standard keys you'll strip it out.

rdb123
02-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by PsychoBaller
as to how I get one o those suckers out, 1/8th hex key is too large, and the one smaller is too small...wuts the good word ?

~da "spreading the word of the Psycho" baller

Well, the black one that (I think) came stock with it, I used to use the same wrench that you'd use to unscrew the field strip screws.

(I think these are them: http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/011-0700-004.html )

-Ron

magman007
02-26-2003, 11:51 PM
ok, now i ask you this, which detent????? ! this one

http://us.st8.yimg.com/store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1727_42826152 or

http://us.st8.yimg.com/store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1727_76486205

or.

http://us.st8.yimg.com/store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1726_445798122 the above in black or silver

also note, the warped sportz ones, are the same detent, just color options

Load SM5
02-27-2003, 12:07 AM
go to http://www.cobrapaintball.com/main.html and look under angel accesories. They have 2 kinds of detents. One style they claim is unbreakable and another syle is rebuildable. The rebuildable ones are only $6 a pop. I'm grabbing those and some parts to fix them.