PDA

View Full Version : Anime paintball tanks?

cphilip
02-26-2003, 03:48 PM
Did I even spell that right? Or even get this right? I mean chose your design tanks? What is this all about? Some real good..umm (cough)...imagination used here though. Got this in a junk email today

http://www.3a-paintball.com/detailp.asp?ProductID=7

ShowTime
02-26-2003, 03:53 PM
be cool if they could do something like a pic of your gun on the tank or like a AO design, but those cartoons look kinda lame, they look like there out of a japenese cartoon..

behemoth
02-26-2003, 03:54 PM
not bad!...

i always knew you had a good taste in women phil!

darklord
02-26-2003, 05:03 PM
Wow. here's a thought... how about I just make my own sticker with some good artwork on it instead....? Interesting, but I'd be more likely to put a tank cover on it, which would defeat the whole purpose. Someone should let paintballers create their own custom covers, I'd love to do some of my own artwork for one.

cheetah256
02-26-2003, 05:07 PM
<---anime addict

i bet it'd be a lot cooler if i had java....

cphilip
02-26-2003, 06:50 PM
Well this makes me wonder how appropriate it is to attach these things to a tank? Does it compromise the tank integrety which allows nothing to be attached or altered by the manufacturer of the tank? I know it looks like maybe its a shrink wrap and would not do anything harmfull but the rule is very specific on stickers and such. But this does indeed change the tank and I see it would be a violation of what the rules state? So is this going to be a good idea and are people going to fill these tanks? Or refuse to fill them, that is?

magman007
02-26-2003, 07:06 PM
phil, its prolly dont the same way as the lesbian air tanks and stuff, you know the wdp ones

-=Squid=-
02-26-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by magman007
phil, its prolly dont the same way as the lesbian air tanks and stuff, you know the wdp ones

No..its actually part of the tank, like in the fibers. WGP does this, and you can have them put whatever image you want directly imbedded into the tank. Hope this answers some questions.

halB
02-26-2003, 08:04 PM
itd probably cause as much damage as them putting the nitro date under the fiber

nice tanks though!!!

halB
02-26-2003, 08:05 PM
PS, they really need a different artist though, u can see its americanized anime :P

FooTemps
02-26-2003, 08:22 PM
hell yes it's americanized! Psh, we need som GOOD anime artists to make stuff like that.

cphilip
02-26-2003, 08:31 PM
Well we old guys need us a line of Vargus Girls tanks! Not sure I spelled his name right though. Now that was a artist that could paint a woman. Most of you kids prolly never seen any of his work. reditions of his stuff were copied onto Bombers in WWII. Go do a search for some of his stuff and you will see. That guy was the king in the early 40's and 50's of this kind of art. Back in my Dads days. Still stunning even today.

cphilip
02-26-2003, 08:53 PM
Ok it was Vargas. Alberto Vargas. Now you kids do not think the Japanese invented what you now call Anime or realy is realistic pin up girl style art do you? I mean this is the real thing. Take a look...Ask your grandfather about this guy. He may smack you up side the head but he will smile when he does it! And do not say nuttin to Gramma about it!

This is not smut it is history my young friends!

Some Vargas Prints here (http://www.aaronartprints.com/vargas.html)

darklord
02-26-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Well we old guys need us a line of Vargus Girls tanks! Not sure I spelled his name right though. Now that was a artist that could paint a woman. Most of you kids prolly never seen any of his work. reditions of his stuff were copied onto Bombers in WWII. Go do a search for some of his stuff and you will see. That guy was the king in the early 40's and 50's of this kind of art. Back in my Dads days. Still stunning even today. I'm a fan of vintage art like that, WWII-era stuff. That style is totally unique.

edit: and CPhil, I can't believe you are claiming the Japanese didn't come up with Japanese animation, I mean, omg. Obviously they didn't come up with cartoon renderings of chicks/pin-up girls, or even animation itself, but anime is a specific style, an Asian style.

cphilip
02-26-2003, 08:57 PM
It is! And its now highly collectable if you can find some of it from your Grandparents do keep it. Old calenders and such. And numbered prints even. It was not often displayed out in those days. It might have been on Mens club walls and in Garages ands such. So most of it was lost realy.

cphilip
02-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Oh I know Dark. I was making a point though. I know they call it Anime now. In the early 60's though it was realy new and it was not called that. And most of the racey stuff is older than all of time realy. I do know they coined the term but its an old idea realy. And the orientals surely were in the forefront of it long before it was called anime. thats the offshoot of the Animation of cartoons and such. Wich they did not develope but sure took to quickly. But the still renditions of women is not realy all they are talking about when they call it Anime now it seems. At least that seems to me to be an evolution of the whole thing. I was watching Japanese Animation in the early 60's. And that term was surely not used then for any of that.

FooTemps
02-26-2003, 09:06 PM
old school anime style is nice IMO... I mean, it's got some unique flavor... These days they bascially follow a generalized style. The old school stuff is good.

darklord
02-26-2003, 09:07 PM
Well to me Anime is japanese animation, with hot women and robots fighting, or you might possibly replace robots with ninjas :D

But yeah, vintage art is so cool, anything from the 60's to the beginning of the 20th century. I have a few old Coca-Cola ads in my possession that are from the 50's. The style just has a certain appeal to it, it's hard to describe.

magsRus
02-26-2003, 09:09 PM
their hot girls

cphilip
02-26-2003, 09:11 PM
yes its a unique dipiction of how they view things in the oriental style. The stuff I watched way back then was rather crude but colorfull and dramatic. Not on par with what say Disney was doing but very active and much like todays but today there technical abilites are far better than they were then.

Now here is another link that has some more history on it. I was not aware he started all the way back in 1919! I knew he got big in the 40's but...

http://www.sfae.com/artists/vargas/index.html