PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade or trade?

Brak
02-26-2003, 06:04 PM
ive got a pretty much stock automag RT. Its the old stlye with single trigger and powerfeed, but its still an RT. I will probably be getting around $100-120, and i have $60 in addition to that which im buying a new CP 2 piece barrel with.
But im having second thoughts. since this is such an old gun and stuff i dont know if i want to stick with it, becuase AGD isnt making anything for the RT.
so what should i do? with the money im getting i could get an intelliframe (if i do buy an i-frame, should i get matte or shiny black? i have an all black RT and im not ruining it with a stupid chrome i-frame) and this thing would RIP. or i could probably throw in money with my RT to get a sweet gun? (im looking at black magic cocker, angel LED)

darklord
02-26-2003, 06:12 PM
Nothing for RTs? Tom made that "X-RT" valve announcement a while ago, that's a big plus for RT owners... and I think there may even be a ULE RT body. There's plenty of stuff to spend money on.... a force-feed loader, barrel kit, I-frame, level 10, X-rt valve, more...... that's a lot if u ask me. At this point I'd say stick with it.

kosmo
02-26-2003, 07:10 PM
Well first off, with how you describe money as coming in chunks like that, you dont seem to be made of the stuff. So ask yourself this question: Is there anything wrong with the gun that needs to be upgraded, or are you just going with that ooh its shiney mentality? All you really would even need to do to the thing is an I frame if theres something you dont like about the stock frame and a new barrel. Otherwise, if it has worked for you this long, theres no reason it shouldnt work for you in the future.

magman007
02-26-2003, 07:14 PM
to answer your question, go matte black, it will match your rail and boddy much better

Brak
02-26-2003, 07:45 PM
thanks, im gonna stick with the gun and upgrade it.

ringmasta187
02-26-2003, 09:24 PM
u made the right choice keeping it, its the only gun ive ever kept, everything else ive traded or sold. Its a very good gun, and very fast.

wimag
02-26-2003, 09:33 PM
Keep it!!
A pretty much stock RT as you put it still draws much respect from anyone who nows anything about paintball.

Get the matte black intelliframe, they look so purty.