PDA

View Full Version : How well do neck shots heal?

rdb123
02-26-2003, 09:18 PM
I'm just wondering how quickly any of your neckshots have healed. I'm asking because I have taken two neckshots over the past 3 months or so and on one of them, I can still clearly see the circle in a mirror about 30 feet away or so. (Keep in mind that I got nailed from about 6 feet away on that one). I'm talking about bare-skin shots. ;)

Well what about the rest of you?

-Ron

darklord
02-26-2003, 09:20 PM
Just say it's a hickey :D.

I dunno about neck shots, but I had a bloody welt on my side that took about 2 weeks to heal.

personman
02-26-2003, 09:22 PM
Heh.. I got one at SCAO that lasted < a week..

Will Wood
02-26-2003, 09:23 PM
NOT GOOD! Takes forever.. but yea, I told everone it was hickey of course.

cheetah256
02-26-2003, 09:28 PM
close range shots always seem to take a really long time. i took a shot to my wrist from 5 ft, and i had a scar there for a good 9 months..its finally fading away now...

rdb123
02-26-2003, 09:30 PM
How long is "forever?" Because when I took my shots there, they bled some. And you have to admit that it gets annoying seeing a big circle on the side of your neck about 1-inch below your mastoid process for a few months; it wouldn't be nice in the future if they didn't go away. Just imagine if you got bunkered and took 7 across the throat. =\

-Ron

FooTemps
02-26-2003, 09:33 PM
The last time I got a neck shot was in late august... I can still feel a faint ring on that spot. It's fading though.

lillfroboy
02-26-2003, 10:07 PM
i got 1 point blank to the left of my throat in 8th grade it left a bad mark, i mean bad, if i find the pick, its somewhere here on my bottomless pit of a harddrive, but any way it took about 6 months for mine to heal, well it was pintbalnk of coarse, and it left a scar, its cool, and or coarse i told them it was a hickey

rdb123
02-26-2003, 10:16 PM
Did it fully heal to the point where you can't even tell it was there anymore?

Thanks

-Ron

BTW, I'd be interested in seeing that pic haha.

xtreme paintball
02-26-2003, 10:23 PM
I've got to say that it's really not a very pleasant experience to be nailed with 3 consecutive shots from 6 ft in the Adam's Apple. I lit the guy up, naturally, but unfortunately this was a scenario game and he had an artifact which made him "invincible". Needless to say, I bought a neck protector a soon afterwards.

WicKeD_WaYz
02-26-2003, 10:31 PM
it will go away. patience

i had one last like 8 months though. It was on my arm and it made me bleed:(

BobTheCow
02-26-2003, 10:43 PM
aaahhh, "sensitive" subject. I was playin at a friend's brother's birthday party, a bunch of ten year olds (nothing wrong with ten year olds, BUT:), they had never played before. It was like a small speedball field, and I ran around a beer can thinking no one was there (I was going for the flag) I must have scared the crap out of one of the kids cuz he blasted away at the first thing he saw, which ended up being 3 shots to the neck from 5 feet, no more. *ouch*
ANYWAY, it was all see-inside-my-neck and nasty for about a week, but by...oh, I'd say 3 weeks...It was completely gone, no scar, nothin. "Lucky," maybe??

Halliday
02-26-2003, 10:48 PM
I took one in the inner thigh about 3" above my knee, the weekend before Thanksgiving 2002. It was from at least 20ft away, and hit so hard it made me bleed through my pants. I can still see the mark right now.

I wish I had made that guy chrony off the field........

Coaster
02-27-2003, 12:00 AM
use vitamin E oil. I got shot point blank in the neck by a teammate, i did not put Vitamin E oil on it soon enough, and now it is permanent. I recently got shot again in the neck, that time i did point vitamin e oil on it, and it is now completely gone. Just put it on every day or so..

BobTheCow
02-27-2003, 12:12 AM
Cool!! *makes mental note*...vitamin E oil...

gamigloser
02-27-2003, 09:26 AM
i just used neosporin or how ever youspell it, it worked just fine, the second time that is,

BTW- i cant find that pic for the life of me

lillfroboy
02-27-2003, 09:27 AM
sorry about that post above that was me, my friend forgot to logout of his name on my comp here at school

alkafluence
02-27-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Halliday
I can still see the mark right now.

I took one (this was a normal distance shot) on my side right on one of my ribs last summer and the mark is still there. I don't think it will ever go away.

Hopefully, you don't have the same experience.

IcantBelieveit
02-27-2003, 07:20 PM
every person is differenct healing time is gonna be different for me, than it is you. and it all depends on how far away, what the velocity was, and basically how well you heal and how physically fit you are, if you are really healthy then chances are it won't last long

FutureMagOwner
02-27-2003, 07:55 PM
i can still see the welt above my elbow that gecko gave me at neaodayII the one of my crotch went away though(thankfully)

Conqueror
02-27-2003, 11:00 PM
Any time you bleed there will be scarring associated with the injury. That's a natural phenomenon resulting from the physiology of the healing process. The size and prominence of the scars can be controlled to some extent with proper wound care, ie: don't pick scabs, try the vitamin E oil, keep the area nice and clean, etc. If you normally get keloid scarring yours will probably be worse even from shallow paintball impacts. Most scars eventually fade, especially if the wound is no more than a millimeter deep (which I assume yours was).

Never ask an EMT a medical question. We don't know when to stop. :D

CQ

xmetal2001
02-27-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Halliday
I took one in the inner thigh about 3" above my knee, the weekend before Thanksgiving 2002. It was from at least 20ft away, and hit so hard it made me bleed through my pants. I can still see the mark right now.

Wow, that is the exact post i was about to write, except mine was a little higher up the leg(dangerously close:eek:)!

Umbra Solis
02-28-2003, 09:02 PM
very rarely have any of my wounds not left a scar, paintball related or not. a couple months ago a got hit in the knuckle from about 10 ft., bare skin, 30 degree day. it raised a big ol bleeding whelt, maby about an inch high, damn thing looked like it was alive! my friend wraped it up so much it looked like i had goten shot with a real gun! even if it does leave a big scar (which it prob. wont if u take good care of it) think of it this way: at least u don't have a exit wound as well !:p

Derman2k
03-01-2003, 10:49 AM
heheh...Mine looked a lot like a hickey...my parents thought I went to someones house and didn't play paintball. I still don't think they believe that I played paintball that day

IcantBelieveit
03-01-2003, 10:54 AM
well try being an automotive technician. LoL you can only imagine what my knuckles look like, Scars everywear, Tehy eventually fade, but as soon as they do i knock the skin off of them again. I look forward to vacations soo my hands can heal. LOL, but i have not had a paintball leave scar YET.

TigerMan
03-01-2003, 11:52 AM
Iceing the bruise also works well. Its supposed to help with the bruise and its appearance. Go to a medical site, like www.webmd.com and look up bruise care.

Temo Vryce
03-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Chances are that if it broke the skin then you might have a circular scar on your neck. I have one just below my right colar bone. It's not some thing to be ashamed off, its a badge of honor. You have survived one of the most painful hits you can recieve and your smarter for it. You are smarter for it aren't you?

mag-rebelution
03-01-2003, 05:27 PM
I got hit from about 20 feet away in the adams apple one time , and it was the scariest 2 minutes of my life , it felt like was choking .It left a half dollar sized , raised black , not blue , not red , not brown ,I mean Black ! lump on it for a month . I felt real attractive. It took a good year to heal completely . I have no idea how it got in there but it did .

shartley
03-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Seems I am special…. I got hit on the neck and it not only broke skin, but left a good welt. All was gone in 2 weeks and no scar.

I heal VERY fast, always have. And only the really bad cuts (which I have had plenty of) left scars.