PDA

View Full Version : Stripped reg thread

Celph Certified
02-26-2003, 11:24 PM
Well see im real pissed off because i lent out my 68 auto mag to my noob neighbor...next thing i know i get the gun back and the feild strip pin is totaly cross threaded and now i dont know what to do. you think i will be able to send it in? i have 1 star. thanks any help is a big help

Arthur: AKA Celph Certified

BlackVCG
02-27-2003, 03:06 AM
Does the field strip screw threads look mangled up? Can you get the field strip screw out of the hole? If you have it out, get a 10-32 tap and run that through the valve to chase the threads and they should be fine. If the threads on the field strip screw look bad, you should order a new one. If they look repairable, get a die and chase those threads too and it should be fine.

Also, don't loan stuff to anyone. I hate to seem like a jerk, but the majority of the time when you loan things to other people it comes back with something messed up. Only you know your equipment and how to take care of it. Most people show little respect for stuff when it's not theirs.

xen_100
02-27-2003, 12:41 PM
I hear ya on that one.........I dont loan stuff unless I am good friends with the person and I know it will be taken care of.

Celph Certified
02-27-2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the help guys. i was lending out the gun because i want to bring the kid into the game... thought the gun was indestructable lol but other than that thanks guys.