PDA

View Full Version : Where will things be in the future?

FooTemps
02-27-2003, 01:09 AM
I'd just like to see some insights on what paintball might evolve into in the future. I'm not to sure myself so I don't really think I've got any idea so far.

buck 50
02-27-2003, 01:42 AM
ESPN will start covering tournaments.

Every thing will cost more. We will all talk about the good old days when a case of paint balls was only a $100.

Paint knives will be all the rage.

Bucky
02-27-2003, 02:01 AM
and we will laugh that tanks only went up to x THOUSAND psi.

ShowTime
02-27-2003, 02:01 AM
they will start makeing bullet shaped pellets for better trejectary

FooTemps
02-27-2003, 02:13 AM
Ok, whew, no one thinks Asia is going to take over the paintball market with cheaper models... yay

I think NPPL should change even more to be competely spectator friendly. Heh, better coverage if it's easier to understand. Hmmm... you ever think that paintball will get to the point where there are more spectators than players?

and about the bullet shaped paintballs...
Ok, maybe not the near future... There's no way to load it and the impact properties are way different. It could be a possibility but I feel that it will steer away from that idea. This is because the main goal of a lot of people is to stay away from the gun image.

BTW: Paint knives? Don't you mean paint BRUSHES? lol

joeyjoe367
02-27-2003, 05:17 AM
...You'll be able to go into a store and see an X-mag sitting on the shelf.

jayloo
02-28-2003, 02:42 PM
I think less people will play woodsball and play more speedball and hyperball. Paintball tournaments will be structured more like the X-ball games...with scoreboards and time periods. More production companied and leagues will be created. Professional state teams and leagues (NBA, NHL, NFL...)
Whatever happens paintball must be a spectator friendly sport for it to fully mature.

Jus my 2 cents.:p