PDA

View Full Version : Do we all have a Freak kit?

Snake847
02-27-2003, 08:41 AM
What I am thinking is that if you get a very large bore barrel. It has to be the automag kind. and if you enlarge the size of the nubbin inside the brrel to cover 1/4 of the circumfrance and that would go into the barrel about a 1" it would make a self adjusting bore. Does this make sense?

Catch22
03-08-2003, 11:02 PM
But think about this.. How much leeway do you need. A millimeter or two leeway on the nubbins would be fine because paintballs do no vary even that much. And say you did make a bigger barrel to fit the 1/4 diameter nubbins inside of it, do you think it would fit inside the mag? Maybe. I think it's a good idea. Kinda like an aradus that does the adjusting by itself are you saying? Hmmm.. sounds cool. Might or might not work. Probably wont pick up.

Tsunamip8ntphreak
04-01-2003, 08:06 PM
I do

Jerhew
04-06-2003, 02:15 AM
if any of you are familiar with the at-xx series of markers
(formerly the ts-1)
they have an interesting way of dealing with ball detentes that also seem to work as a sizer
the have a little bore sizer that screws onto the breech end of the barrel...
it's called a unisizer
inside it there are little nylon ribs around the entire circumference;
when the bolt pushes a ball into the barrel, the soft ribs conform to the size of the ball, hold it in place and form a seal around it
this, in my opinion greatly attributes to the range and accuracy of the gun

magsandguitars
04-15-2003, 03:57 PM
Wouldn't the nylon ribs slow the ball down noticibly though? Also, would the ribs ever wear?

Jerhew
04-15-2003, 08:03 PM
nope. they only go about half an inch, if that...
and so far i haven't noticed any sort of wear whatsoever

if it did slow down the ball, that'd make you have to turn up the velocity of the gun to compensate...
and seeing how the at-85 has one of the better efficiency ratings out there...(in semi auto that is...in full auto it's a hog as you might expect) i dont believe this is the case
id have to assume that it actually helps with efficiency since when the ball is at rest the ribs create a good seal all the way around the ball when it is initially fired

nerobro
05-12-2003, 03:33 AM
Semi auto and full auto are exactly the same as efficancy should go. One ball, one shot, one burst of air. Even if they happen at 15bps, it's still just 15 shots per seccond. There should be no difference. so what was just said about that seems a little funny to me.... (in s/a and f/a the at series opereates exactly the same way)

jerhew: this isn't a place where oppinoin can be placed. when something can be measuered by numbers opinoin is no longer a factor. given the fact that a system such as decribed would hold the ball in the same place for each shot, that would help with consistancy and accuracy. As for range.. range is determined by velocity.

Jerhew
05-12-2003, 03:56 PM
nero
the problem is
the gun will not fire without the unisizer
so i have no way to test this

ok as far as efficiency...
it seems like the gun wastes more air in full auto
i'll do some tests to prove this(or not)