PDA

View Full Version : Just drove home from Skyball

Quiet
02-27-2003, 10:36 PM
Today was my first and only chance to check out Skyball, it was fun.

The Good:
1)The smart part girls were signing posters, but I was too lazy to get one.
2)There were a ton of angels and cockers on display.
3)The purple people eater was on display at the booth.

The Bad:
1)No TK, still sore about that one.
2)No banners for AGD Pride (at least not that I saw).
3)There were a ton of angels and cockers on display:D I only got to see one x-mag, and that one from a distance.
4)I didn't get to talk to anyone at the AGD booth.
5)If I saw the Pride play I wouldn't have known:(

I might have enjoyed myself more if I'd had more than just a few minutes to run by.

Fred
02-27-2003, 10:41 PM
The super Banner is on the way with Wyn1370... Hopefully it'll be up tomorrow... :D

Quiet
02-27-2003, 10:49 PM
Can't say I really expected there to be many, most of the people in the stands were in groups of five or so all wearing the same jerseys, I'm sure it'll be better on the weekend.

PS I hope somebody posts pics of them all

CameraGuy
02-27-2003, 11:23 PM
A few more items to add to the Good: (from my point of view at least, I just got back a couple of minutes ago)

The AO meet at the Hard Rock went well. The turnout wasn't huge, but it was interesting to meet AGD Pride, the Techs, and a variety of Canadian AO members for the first time.

Bea Youngs was (is) the events announcer, so she can periodically be heard announcing games and other significant information to the audience. It's nice to be able to recognize others from AO at a major tournament.

Edit: An afterthought: there was at least one banner in the stands that the guys from Ottawa brought down. It looked pretty good :)

Strider
02-28-2003, 12:57 AM
Hey guys, just got access to a computer...

I'm the source for the 50+ foot banner. :D

Actually, we figure it's aproximatley 70'.

You must have missed the Pride games, they were at the far end down near the AGD booth. We had the banner up for all three of their games. (Fourth was a bye)

For those who are bringing banners, you've missed half of their games... Well, not including semis or anything like that...

Quiet
02-28-2003, 09:24 PM
Well I feel much better having heard that. I was only there for about 30 min, so I didn't have much chance to go looking around. I had assumed that the banners would just be strung up and not unfurled for every game, seems like extra work to me.

Oh, and this was all from thursday.

Most improtantly
I'm glad the AO meet at the Hard Rock went well
How have the Pride been doing?!?!

Kevmaster
02-28-2003, 09:44 PM
their first day was ups and downs, we havnt heard about today yet though

Sparq
02-28-2003, 10:48 PM
What the...I'M The guy from Ottawa, why didn't I get to go? :mad: :mad:

;)

Strider