PDA

View Full Version : I-frame vs Medusa

Micromag man!
02-28-2003, 07:29 AM
Im going to buy a new trigger frame and i just want you guys opinoin, should i just go ahead and get the i-frame or hold off untill the medusa. i heard the medusa is gonna be cool....

Xerces
02-28-2003, 08:28 AM
get the iframe.

Der schneipa
02-28-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Micromag man!
......... i heard the medusa is gonna be cool....

Got a pic?

ezrunner
02-28-2003, 09:38 AM
I had a version of the medusa for the Autococker. I like the idea that if you have both guns you could have the same trigger on each.

mine was pre-production so I won't rate the finish of it. The fit was pretty good.

I think that the Eclipse Blade (Mechanical) is the way to go on cockers right now, and the Intelliframe is it for the Mags.

Then again I would rather drive a ferrari, but I have a mustang :-)

-rob

Wc Keep
02-28-2003, 04:38 PM
and what a fine mustang it is.

im going to have to say medusa. not cause ive shot one but just because itll be awesome. plus its made by benchy and everyone knows the benchys rock.

FooTemps
02-28-2003, 06:09 PM
Was that extreme sarcasm minus the smileys!?!? WOW! I've never seen that before.

I say i-frame because it's available and I've fired one. I don't know about the medusa but it should be pretty good too but the magnet placement is a bit poor with the magnets positioned the way they are. There will be inconsistent trigger tention throughout the trigger pull since the magnets repell more as they get closer.

Bob01RT
02-28-2003, 07:19 PM
Footemps isn't every trigger like that? Wouldn't a spring under pressure get stiffer as you pull the trigger? Same way the magnet would.

irbodden
02-28-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Bob01RT
Footemps isn't every trigger like that? Wouldn't a spring under pressure get stiffer as you pull the trigger? Same way the magnet would.

Magnets add more resistance as opposed to *just* the trigger rod I believe..

GT
02-28-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Micromag man!
i heard the medusa is gonna be cool....

hmmm.. how long have they promised that frame.

and yes I do love my benchy.

jb

FalconGuy016
02-28-2003, 08:18 PM
Ive never heard of the medusa, does anyone have a link?

Wc Keep
02-28-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
Was that extreme sarcasm minus the smileys!?!? WOW! I've never seen that before.

I say i-frame because it's available and I've fired one. I don't know about the medusa but it should be pretty good too but the magnet placement is a bit poor with the magnets positioned the way they are. There will be inconsistent trigger tention throughout the trigger pull since the magnets repell more as they get closer.

no it wasnt i think benchy triggers rock. i wont trade my for anything in the world.

ß.C.
03-01-2003, 12:58 AM
medusa, I don't know why everyone thinks the iframe is sooooo macho ubt it's like any other frame except it has space for intelli feed, nothing special. The medusa on the other hand actually does something, people think it's ugly but performance should override looks anyday.

BobTheCow
03-01-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
Ive never heard of the medusa, does anyone have a link?
I congree, this sounds interesting but I'm completely baffled right now!! (nothing new, I guess :rolleyes: )

irbodden
03-01-2003, 08:40 AM
Search ;)

Looks like crap honestly, magnets are going to make the trigger pull harder as you finish the pull AND it's gonna have a benchy pull length.

No thanks, I'll stick with an iframe.

FutureMagOwner
03-01-2003, 05:19 PM
with a magnetic trigger frame its supposed to be the strongest at first then lighter the further you pull it not the other way around in most of them. the way it works is by putting a magnet in the trigger and one on top of the frame(like the emag) that have opposite polarity facing eachother(so they attract) however im guessing since the medusa is the opposite they put a magnet in the trigger and one at the end of the pull with the polarities facing eachother so they repel making them harder the closer it gets

Coaster
03-02-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by irbodden
Search ;)

Looks like crap honestly, magnets are going to make the trigger pull harder as you finish the pull AND it's gonna have a benchy pull length.

No thanks, I'll stick with an iframe.

no... How will they make it harder, they are pulling the trigger back already, so it takes less for you to finish pulling it back. The pull length will be adjustable, so if you want it as long as a benchy, thenyou can; and if you want it shorter, then you can.

irbodden
03-02-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Coaster

no... How will they make it harder, they are pulling the trigger back already, so it takes less for you to finish pulling it back. The pull length will be adjustable, so if you want it as long as a benchy, thenyou can; and if you want it shorter, then you can.

Not true.

You have to realize 'Mags aren't electros, you aren't just tripping a 'noid.

Also the magnets are positioned very poorly, search for the other threads to see the debate on the magnets.

Coaster
03-02-2003, 12:24 PM
how could a magnet that is constantly pulling the trigger back make it harder to pull the trigger? The magnets are doing the exact opposite of what the magnet(s) are doing in the e-mag..Estimates, but if it take 1lb of force to pull the trigger back, and a magnet is put there that is constantly pulling the trigger back with .5lb of force, it will only take .5lb more. I really do not understand how it could be harder.

FalconGuy016
03-02-2003, 12:53 PM
I dont understand... how can magnets make the trigger pull lighter? In an Iframe there are NO magnets are springs, it completely relies on the pressure of the on/off valve. Unless the medusa is electronic, but no one says:confused:

FooTemps
03-02-2003, 12:57 PM
You know... the medusa sounds even more retarded now... Yes it will make the trigger lighter but won't the trigger just stick to the other magnet after you fire?

irbodden
03-02-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
You know... the medusa sounds even more retarded now... Yes it will make the trigger lighter but won't the trigger just stick to the other magnet after you fire?

uhm, with a Retro, no BUT with a normal valve, possibly...

RRfireblade
03-02-2003, 02:12 PM
How can you all argue specifics when you haven't shot them side by side?

I have,here's my opinion.

I frames are very good.And very common.

The production Medusa looks awesome w/ the new dagger trigger and is extremly unique.

As far as pull,this is what I think,Medusa is as light as the Benchy but a little shorter and as short as the I frame but a little lighter.

Jay.

Coaster
03-02-2003, 02:26 PM
well, there you go.

Bob01RT
03-02-2003, 03:19 PM
RRfireblade just curious if you can get me some pics of the production unit.
I'm looking to pick on up mainly for my autococker, but may use it on my pump minimag just for kicks.

RRfireblade
03-02-2003, 05:54 PM
Actually,
I may pick one up this week.If so I'll post it up.

Jay.

Bob01RT
03-02-2003, 06:06 PM
I thought they aren't out..I got an email saying the medusa lite was out..but the interchangeable one wasn't.

RRfireblade
03-02-2003, 06:11 PM
The lite is the mag only.

Jay.