PDA

View Full Version : please help!!!

autopimp187
02-28-2003, 04:16 PM
The screw that holds my trigger frame in (on automag), not strip screw, but screw that screws in front of trigger frame, is stripped. when i put in the allenwrench, the head of the screw is stripped, there is no grip. how can i get this out???
can i take it to home depot, is there a way i could use housed hold things to get it out etc.....
or, am i going to have to send it in to agd. could agd even get it out???
thanx

digitard
02-28-2003, 04:20 PM
Allen wrench and Needlenose pliers.

Crip it lightly with the needlenose and then pull down EVER so lightly while you twist the allenwrench.

Dave

GhillieGuy
02-28-2003, 08:13 PM
That might work what digitard said. Or you can oil it up to loosen it.

autopimp187
03-02-2003, 09:04 PM
no, the thing is that i can not twist the allen wrench. the allen wrench part is the thing that is stripped
please help

HoppysMag
03-02-2003, 09:09 PM
id guess pinch it and try turning it with the pliers then.:confused:

back2integrity
03-02-2003, 09:35 PM
My friend did this to the exact same screw. This is what he did: He took a mini saw blade and just went back and forth over and over again on the screw until it formed a groove. Then he just used a flat head to unscrew it. It takes time, but it will solve the problem. Also, there is a little tool that is circular and spins really fast... i don't know the name of it, but if you can find one, it will cut into the screw to give you a nice groove for a flathead screwdriver also. Hope this helps!

HoppysMag
03-02-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by back2integrity
My friend did this to the exact same screw. This is what he did: He took a mini saw blade and just went back and forth over and over again on the screw until it formed a groove. Then he just used a flat head to unscrew it. It takes time, but it will solve the problem. Also, there is a little tool that is circular and spins really fast... i don't know the name of it, but if you can find one, it will cut into the screw to give you a nice groove for a flathead screwdriver also. Hope this helps!

thats a good idea
:rolleyes:

or my personal favorite, FIRE and lots of it.

back2integrity
03-02-2003, 09:47 PM
Fire Solves everything! Well, maybe not... But you'll have fun trying.