PDA

View Full Version : Y-Grip Proto, First LQQk !!!!

AGD
02-28-2003, 04:50 PM
AO,

Here is a plastic mock up of the Y-Frame. It also shows you the unanodized ULE Body and J&J barrel. Tell us how you like it because its getting close to production ( IF you preorder enough of them).

AGD

AGD
02-28-2003, 04:50 PM
more

SlipknotX556
02-28-2003, 04:51 PM
Im loving it Tom. Good Job.

EsPo
02-28-2003, 04:51 PM
looks nice and comfy.. with different grips though.

BAN THEM!

AtomicLivestock: EWWWWWW
AtomicLivestock: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70453
AtomicLivestock: EWWWWWWW
Espo497: i like it

Espo497: so you think the y grip is ugly?
yUpItSbLuE: yes

Temo Vryce
02-28-2003, 04:53 PM
Looks pretty good Tom.

joeyjoe367
02-28-2003, 04:54 PM
Price? I might have to get rid of my intelliframe...

spantol
02-28-2003, 04:56 PM
Looks great! I've got cash in hand--waiting on you.

sneakyhacker420
02-28-2003, 04:58 PM
sorry to say tom... but EWWWWWWWWWW :eek: yucky... i just think you should bring the Z back into production with a blade and groove trigger option... and mill the intellifeed slots inside it

i dunno if its just me... but i like the 45º of the good ole' Z-Grip

logamus
02-28-2003, 05:00 PM
looks good. might look better with dye grips what what do i know.

sniper1rfa
02-28-2003, 05:03 PM
the trigger has to be angled foward more. the way it is now doesnt look comfortable.

Will Wood
02-28-2003, 05:17 PM
Ver nice!! Too bad I just bough an angel :( :(

SHAZAM-AGD
02-28-2003, 05:18 PM
i agree with sniper...the trigger needs to be angled more at the bottom like the dye cocker ones are...

if you are turning your wrist to a different angle then you also need to turn the trigger that way as well.

personman
02-28-2003, 05:21 PM
lol espo thinks that isnt an RT Pro.. :p

nippinout
02-28-2003, 05:22 PM
Trigger geometry has to be changed I think. Looking good though!

QUINCYMASSGUY
02-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Frame's not bad, I was never a fan of Z-grips but this looks pretty good. A straightish frame with a nice curvish design like the IR3 would be extremely nasty but I bet they have patents.

ULE body is looking REALLY sweet, I'm dying to get an annoed one. If they're out being annoed you got to have some price figures sorted out, I want to make sure I save enough. If you can get them all set up and below $200 that'd rock. Even if you had to send them without the feed port (I'm switching to low-rise gated immediately).

Looking great though, the bodies are going to get AGD a whole new rep this spring!

ezrunner
02-28-2003, 05:23 PM
That is nice. I like the trigger a lot. The intelliframe trigger has that nice cusp in the bottom to let you hold on during a sweet spot event :-)

I think a little more vertical would be better but that sluggo body looks awesome.

That is a good looking gun. Can we see it w/ I frame?

How close can you get to vertical without getting in trouble?

-rob

nuclear zombie
02-28-2003, 05:24 PM
Hey Tom can you post pictures of someone holding it (like they are actually playing )?

I know several people are commenting about how certain things "look" uncomfy , but every good automag'er knows, looks can be decieving .

QUINCYMASSGUY
02-28-2003, 05:24 PM
ha, ezrunner and I must have been posting at the same time regarding the straight frame. Great minds think alike?

covadsucks
02-28-2003, 05:25 PM
Looks great, now let's get some of those Cocker threaded bodies in the store so I can be the first kid on my block to have one.:D

nippinout
02-28-2003, 05:29 PM
I think the ULE bod can be uglier. :)

Chop off the front angeled part. Leave just the bottom portion to cover the rail similar to Rob_AGD's. HIS bod is way ugly. Very ULE.

EDIT:

Tom, you guys have stereolithography capabilities in-house?

ezrunner
02-28-2003, 05:30 PM
hey covad...log into chat dude, we're all here!

-rob

AutomagBoy
02-28-2003, 05:36 PM
go back to the .45

ezrunner
02-28-2003, 05:40 PM
Dude, I think this is an additional offering. In the same spirit as the zgrip.

I'd like to feel one on the gun, I just put some GripStyx from Powerlyte on my bushy and they are 5degrees closer to vert than a 45. It feels really good.

-rob

Severe
02-28-2003, 06:12 PM
The plastic modeling makes me wonder....why not make an inexpensive version of this AND the Intelliframe in the same composite material as the default trigger frame.

Wouldn't that allow the 'Mags to have many of the advantages as other markers while bringing the price point down considerably? It would even bring the weight down a bit.

Thinking out loud here...

Mook564
02-28-2003, 06:16 PM
I love the looks of the ULE body. I am not to sure about the Y grip though. I think with the Y grip I would have to hold one first.

Kevmaster
02-28-2003, 06:16 PM
yhe, imho, i dont thinkyou took the angle far enough. Id like to see the ZGrip all over agian. but thats me, and since i wouldnt buy one anyways, ill go walk into my corner and shutup

FooTemps
02-28-2003, 06:21 PM
Nice, but fix the trigger! FIX THE DARN TRIGGER!!! FIXXXX THEEEE TrIIIGGEERRRRR!

Ok, with all that said and done... FIX THE TRIGGER! heh:p

It looks nice, but yeah... fix the trigger... (i can't stop saying that, sorry. it really needs to be fixed)

Whitt_travis
02-28-2003, 06:40 PM
Cool idea, looks sweet, but round the back if you can, like the emag is kind of... I'm guessing WDP has a patent as mentioned above, but it looks uncomforatble the way it is... And try to put a nice set of grips on it, Dye's or something.

Downfall
02-28-2003, 06:40 PM
Wow looks great, the ULE body looks good too. Can't wait to get a setup just like that one.

darklord
02-28-2003, 06:45 PM
The ULE body looks great! Y-grip looks spiffy as well, I can't wait to see an aluminum version. I think the trigger needs to be curved a little more as well, but I'd be happy shooting a gun like that. Too bad it won't fit on my e-mag :(

RTGuy86
02-28-2003, 07:09 PM
i like it. how much? lmk so i can get the money for a pre-order.

DiRTyBuNNy
02-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Beautiful...simply beautiful...that's the first thing that popped into my head...

AutomagRT1483
02-28-2003, 07:12 PM
yeah me too!

FalconGuy016
02-28-2003, 07:14 PM
I really like the body

FooTemps
02-28-2003, 07:16 PM
Does nobody notice the trigger flaw?

nippinout
02-28-2003, 07:20 PM
I do. Several other have.

I brought it up in a post. shartley did also.

I presented my concern back when Tom posted CAD pics with the grip problems.

Smokee_2_7
02-28-2003, 07:23 PM
Tom, I definitly like the way this is going, and am planning on ordering at least a few of these for starters- - We're looking at putting them on a custom edition RT. In house milled sluggo, matching milled body rail, probably a 15degree foregrip (whichever works out best in proto. . ) the customers choice of I-frame or Y-frame, All annodized in house to order.

All that being said, I would like to chip in on what others have said about the trigger. Due to the angle of the frame, a straight trigger looks like it would not feel right. However, I dont' think that the entire trigger has to be changed. What if you elongated the 'hook' on the bottom of the blade, so it would be possible for the player to pull 'down and back' on the trigger to fire. This may be a more natural motion for the fingers, considering the angle of the frame.

All that being said, do I just need to call during regular office hours to pre-order? Do the offfice ladies have dealer pricing available?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!!

Carl

Miscue
02-28-2003, 07:33 PM
I think the trigger needs to be slanted as well...

ULE is lookin good!

SaS
02-28-2003, 07:36 PM
correct me if i'm wrong here...
but it would be too aukwards to fit a dye wrap around, that's ment for a 45degree, on the Y-grip... ...
anyone have any ideas how the dye flat panels could fit the y-grip? if not, these panel grips are going to be the way to go

i agree with the trigger, but it's perfectly understandable If it wouldn't be possible... due to legal issues with WDP

Whitt_travis
02-28-2003, 07:46 PM
Hehe, round the grip! GAH! :-)

AGD
02-28-2003, 07:49 PM
We looked at angling the trigger farther forward but the front of the trigger guard can't move, otherwise it hits the front grip. If you try to do it you cant get your fingers in there comfortably to shoot on the lower groove.

We might be able to hook the lower part of the trigger more if that will help.

AGD

LaW
02-28-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by AGD
We looked at angling the trigger farther forward but the front of the trigger guard can't move, otherwise it hits the front grip. If you try to do it you cant get your fingers in there comfortably to shoot on the lower groove.

We might be able to hook the lower part of the trigger more if that will help.

AGD

got any of those raw ule bodies left ;) :) hehe

On hooking the trigger, I think it would help a lot... otherwise the design looks good

RetroEclipseMan
02-28-2003, 07:58 PM
It is definately coming along. I can't wait to see a finished one. Like others have said, something needs to be done with the trigger and I think making the bottom hook out a bit more will do the trick. Other than that it's hard to say exactly how it would feel since I'm not holding one.

cannedheat
02-28-2003, 08:02 PM
Can you use a regular forgrip with one of these new grips?

Sinnet
02-28-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Severe
The plastic modeling makes me wonder....why not make an inexpensive version of this AND the Intelliframe in the same composite material as the default trigger frame.

Wouldn't that allow the 'Mags to have many of the advantages as other markers while bringing the price point down considerably? It would even bring the weight down a bit.

Thinking out loud here...

my thoughts EXACTLY.

Tom, is this possible? You've showed us how strong the composite is (loved the miata :D ), why not go for a budget 2x mag frame?

I'm not sure i'll be able to spare the $120 for a new frame, especially after buying my intelli and with my tournament season coming up. I would, however, in an instant buy a cheaper composite version of the frame.

Other than that, I agree with what everyone else said about angling the trigger, but if that cannot be done, I think that getting rid of the backwards dip on the hook of the trigger would help out, making it more like other blades, while increasing the "hook" as well.

AGD Rules!

edit: a little photoshopping
I didnt change the top portion of the trigger at all, where the pin would contact it.

Sinnet
02-28-2003, 09:04 PM
...and the pic

it's a hack job, but you get the idea. A curve right after where the pin hits it to even it with the angle of the grip, i think there'd still be fingerroom.

_Spork_1
02-28-2003, 09:08 PM
couldn't you make the trigger like the ones on an eclipse hinge frame and just have a trigger stop?

i'm not likin the straight trigger

oh, and i thought the ULE were going to be cocker threaded:(

Sinnet
02-28-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by _Spork_1

oh, and i thought the ULE were going to be cocker threaded:(

it is

vese91
02-28-2003, 09:19 PM
where and when can u pre-order the y-grip and how much will it be?
thanks

virus
02-28-2003, 09:28 PM
i have to agree with a couple others in this thread.... the angle is too mild.... esp with a non-angled trigger... it just doesnt look that comfy.... (then again as far as p.ball goes even the run of the mill 45 style grips dont look feel comfy)

at least when i saw a Z for the 1st time... after a little thought i could actually picture holding it and in my mind it was comfy....

now the Y on the other hand.... i have tried and tried to picture it.... even took at old hack to heck "normal" frame and turned it around and taped it to my mag.... just couldn't get it to feel comfy... granted i'll probly get one just to put on my backup mag (beats moving my Z back and forth) i really want it for the Ifeed bit but would much rather perfer an I-Z to an I-Y..... though i guess if worse comes to worse i'll just hunt down another Z and attack it with a dremal and bridgeport to setup and Ifeed for it.... just rather not that go that route

_Spork_1
02-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Sinnet

it is

are the detents not drilled then? thats what i was basing it off of, and im guessing the unmilled metal under the feed is where the detents are going to go.......im smart

magman007
02-28-2003, 10:05 PM
looks good, i may buy one just to have, and build a 2nd mag off of it later... Angle the trigger tom ,do like a dye, or make thet trigger hook stupid long.

Also, what barrel is that??? any one else wonder? ive never seen any thng like that, unless it is an eqation.

FooTemps
02-28-2003, 10:12 PM
what if you stepped the trigger?

kinda like um... a lighting bolt?

sniper1rfa
02-28-2003, 10:19 PM
the pic sinnet posted is PERFECT! just sweep the trigger foward a little bit and it looks uber-comfy!

sniper1rfa
02-28-2003, 10:23 PM
i want THIS TRIGGER on that frame...

http://www.vbw.ca/Products/PMain.asp?producttype=1&product=1250

SaS
02-28-2003, 11:02 PM
getting the trigger closer to parallel with the grip would be for the best, in my mind anyways...
hooking the bottom of the trigger should do the trick if you can't get anymore of a angle out of the trigger... or both maybe...

really need to hold it to get a better feeling for it
Tom, how does it feel for you?

frame looks absolutly great too...

AutomagRT1483
03-01-2003, 02:06 AM
Preorder them from the factory or from a dealer???

IcantBelieveit
03-01-2003, 10:37 AM
What kinda price range are we looking at?
Will it be Intellifeed Compatible?
How long is production goin to take?
Will they be offered in Nickel and Black?
What Kind of Trigger options will we have?

I would like to know the answers to these questions before i preorder anything.
thanks tom and it looks great

luke
03-01-2003, 10:45 AM
Looks Good!

A budget frame sounds like a good idea as long as you do them in aluminum too.

Jackel411
03-01-2003, 04:10 PM
Very nice... must... get..... RT....mag...

I love it industry has listen up and did what I did years ago to my VM-68..... Its strangely comfy at that angle

Im definitly getting one

rifleman
03-01-2003, 10:10 PM
Definatly not a fan, too steep of an angle.

SI|ENT|3O|3
03-01-2003, 10:37 PM
Looks nice. Sinnets trigger looks perfect...now just to sell my intelliframe and get one of these pups. hmmmmmmmm

Also...tom do you think you could bring the proto to the dallas meet, i would trade you my intelliframe for that ;). well it looks nice, listening to the people is one more reason AGD is such a great company.
-sebastian

wobbles82
03-02-2003, 03:32 AM
So far I think the ULE setup is very nice, and I def agree on that trigger problem. If you even try to enact how uncomfortable that would be its not even good, staying tight and shooting are very hard to do when you are uncomfortable. Also Tom when do you plan to even release the Y or the actual marker? Is it the new line for the RT Pro, cuz I saved up and was planning on renting out my Automag and eventually buying a new RT Pro within a month, I just dont wanna spend the money and then have that suite momma come out. So far so good though! ...(How much as far as pricing? Ill pay anything!)

DiRTyBuNNy
03-02-2003, 01:54 PM
All I have to say to all the haters out there...if you don't like it..don't pre-order one...but don't hate on something you've never even seen...I think it's beautiful...oh well..I think the nickname for that frame should be "The New Hotness"...but that's just my opinion...

SaS
03-02-2003, 01:57 PM
how about.. Y-is this soo comfy

FutureMagOwner
03-02-2003, 02:37 PM
just a thought could you just make the trigger fatter so it makes an angle?

piccolo_dbz39
03-02-2003, 09:16 PM
if there isn't enough room to slant the trigger, i got a crazy idea, listen to me or ignore me. move the whole frame back, but the screw hole leave in place but mke a little area there so you can still get the screw in, like the frame opens up just foir it. leave the trigger guard in place. then use the extra room in the trigger guard to slant the trigger. it's hard to explain, but think about it. it could give you that extra little amount of room to fit the slant in. problem solved. now let the criticising begin.

SaS
03-02-2003, 10:23 PM
wouldn' that involve a new trigger sear and rod

piccolo_dbz39
03-02-2003, 10:45 PM
i don't know, i was just thinking, wouldn't that make a little bit more room to work with

SaS
03-02-2003, 10:56 PM
it is a new idea though...

piccolo_dbz39
03-02-2003, 11:00 PM
thanks, Tom if you are listening....

Creative Mayhem
03-03-2003, 11:21 AM
LOOKS GREAT TOM!!! Put me down for 2 :D

CM

SaS
03-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Put me down for one, angled trigger or not... Looks sweet just the same

FutureMagOwner
03-03-2003, 07:38 PM
http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1726_442939868

just a thought but could you make the trigger similar to that and angle it then theres room for both fingers and is angled

WARPED1
03-03-2003, 09:52 PM
Nice,I didn't like zgrips,but I like the y grips.

AcemanPB
03-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Sinnet

my thoughts EXACTLY.

Tom, is this possible? You've showed us how strong the composite is (loved the miata :D ), why not go for a budget 2x mag frame?

I was thinking the same think kind of.

Why not make a limited run of these Y-grips in a composite material. That way they are cheaper. Then sell the limited run to AO members, then the AO members give you their feedback. This way you could make adjustments based on the data from real field testing. (kinda like the beta level 10 thing)

Anyways just a thought...

FooTemps
03-03-2003, 11:00 PM
but he has to make molds?

edit: OH WAIT... hmmm, if he has a plastic frame... lol, he already has them

AGD
03-04-2003, 12:12 AM
Ok got the feedback, we will hook the trigger and then get back to you on pre-orders.

thanks!!

AGD

ArthurDent
03-04-2003, 01:36 AM
YA! money in hand to pre-orderrrrrrrrrrrrr....ACK Tom drrrrrrool is cloging up my keyboarrrrrd!

CMDane
03-14-2003, 09:25 PM
Any news on the pre-order, or did I just miss it between getting married this week and getting the news that my wife is deploying to one of the K countries (Kuwait or Korea).

Depending on the price, I might go for 2.

Thanks,
Charles

Brett23
03-27-2003, 12:18 AM
Wow neato my mag would love it lol. Now just come up with one for the emag and both my guns would be happy. Also that whole set up is sweet (even if it is chrome). I do like the the cheaper idea about a composite frame though. It would lower the cost drasticly. Thats why I never got the intel 45. Price way to high for a grip. Least it is to me. Oh and where can i get one of those low rises to sweet.:D

lack of grace
03-27-2003, 12:45 AM
If you eliminated any play in the trigger and still kept it smooth....I do like the design however....I bet these would go quick if they came in color.

automag_20
03-27-2003, 12:46 AM
What Price Range are we talking about here cause i definetely want one of these.

TOOL_173
03-27-2003, 01:48 AM
i would probably buy one..But I would rather get an I-Z if that would be made.

B00bzor
03-27-2003, 01:58 AM
:eek: WOW. I really like how that looks and the blade trig on it. It dosnt have as a dramatic tilt as the z grip but i never liked how the z look anywho. it looks perfect except for the trigger, i could be forward a bit more. I think it would reallty fit nice in the hand

pisspuddle15
03-28-2003, 10:22 AM
Id take 1 for sure are there going to be y grips without the intelli?

Matt Crawford
04-01-2003, 05:58 PM
I'll take one, and maby another one for my back up...

Wolfstuff184
04-01-2003, 06:39 PM
Are you selling just the grip or are you selling the whole gun?

GSKRAP
04-01-2003, 09:56 PM
I was kinda expecting it to look a lot more like the ir3 frame, like a direct cross between regular and z-grip. there is still an angle there and im not sure if i like that. in my opinion, make it totally straight, just like the ir3. (cmon can they really have a patent for a totally straight grip frame? that would be like patenting a straight fork)If you guys come out with one that is totally straight like that, i will definitely be buying one. By the way, how 'soon' is being in production 'soon'?

DiRTyBuNNy
04-02-2003, 12:31 AM
The one thing I think a lot of the people that comment that they want the frame to be a straight frame like the IR3 is that WDP has a PATENT on the design of the "space frame" which allows them to sue anyone that tries to copy the frame and also allows them to negotiate a licensing fee with anyone that would like to copy the straight frame idea. Do you want to pay $20 more per frame so that WDP can take that money as licensing fees; if do go right ahead and send AGD you $20 right now to get it started because I sure as heck don't want to.

edweird
04-02-2003, 01:01 AM
Personally I like it and plan on preordering one when I can

DiRTyBuNNy
04-02-2003, 01:25 AM
I'd put money down on one right now if he'd take it (same with a ULE body)..

DiRTyBuNNy
04-12-2003, 01:39 AM
Well...we've got the ULE..I just wondered if anyone knew if Tom had let it slip as far as a rough estimate (Summer, Fall, Winter..next Spring?) we should be able to start talking orders for these. I'm making another new mag and it's just waiting for the Y-grip to come out

Shykicker
04-13-2003, 05:18 PM
My big question is: How does it fire from a prone position?

It looks better than the Z-Grip in that respect- but I'd like to hear it first hand. Tom? Anybody?

Either way, I'm probably going to buy one, since I missed out on the Z-Grip the first time around.

maglover52
04-13-2003, 10:21 PM
looks good how much are they going to cost or is that undecided?

DiRTyBuNNy
04-14-2003, 01:56 AM
As far as I know...it's undecided....but I'd venture a guess to say it's in the Intelliframe range as far as cost (~$125)

bryceeden
04-16-2003, 07:33 AM
I need to know the price, but unless it is extreamly high I'll take one.

magnj
04-16-2003, 08:43 AM
no thanks Tom, I shot an Intelli for the first time the other day and it was sweet. Im stil lwaiting for the mystery lighter trigegr thing.

*captain_cox*37
04-16-2003, 09:51 AM
I hope it is not to much more expensive than the Intell frame! I like the looks of it more than the Intell and besides I bet this is more comfortable.

sarpadian
04-16-2003, 10:28 AM
I am also in the process of building a gun. It's slow going working with a friend of mine to mill my slug body. I was wondering when the Y-frame would become available.

Benfica4ever
04-16-2003, 01:20 PM
looking good. I like these alot better than the z:cool:

*captain_cox*37
04-16-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Benfica4ever
looking good. I like these alot better than the z:cool:

Yeah I really did not like the looks of the z at all.

Benfica4ever
04-16-2003, 02:36 PM
yea i hated the way they looked.

*captain_cox*37
04-16-2003, 02:49 PM
The z frame had to be so uncomfortable. I don't know how it could have been comfortable by the looks of it. I don't knnow really cause I have never shot one. I do know they are ugly as he!! though.

paint magnet
04-16-2003, 02:59 PM
Don't knock it 'til you tried it ;)

Z grips are very comfy, even though they might not be the best looking things ever made.

*captain_cox*37
04-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by paint magnet
Don't knock it 'til you tried it ;)

Good point. Sorry. I do hate when people dis things they have never even seen in real life before.

Benfica4ever
04-16-2003, 04:24 PM
I just know by my expireince i dont like how they look.

Benfica4ever
04-16-2003, 04:40 PM
Tom, we need a price here.:D

*captain_cox*37
04-17-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Benfica4ever
Tom, we need a price here.:D

Yes! Please .

WarBUCKs
04-17-2003, 11:51 AM
Alright. I am guessing this is a .45 frame (cuz of the two screws) and was wondering if you can put Dye Sticky grips or other similar products on this trigger frame?

Anyone know?
Does the angle throw this off?

I love AGD, but never was a fan of the grips they put on their stuff.

Shykicker
04-17-2003, 06:08 PM
I guess I'm the only one who really likes the original automag grip frame. Maybe I'm wierd. Personally, I'd want to see about putting the plastic automag panels back on, but I'm not sure if the grip has the right screw holes to accomodate. Tom?

Guns with the Z-grip remind me of the plasma rifle from Doom- and that was a pretty sweet lookin' gun. The mechanics of the grip, though, are more similar to the Y-grip.

Paintchucker
04-20-2003, 11:23 AM
any update on the timeframe?

I am thinking one of these would look good with an Xvalve and the new ULE Body !!!

ChucktheMAGician
04-20-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Paintchucker
any update on the timeframe?

Should be some news this week. If you check out this thread, http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77528 Tom said next week and that was last week, so that makes it this week! He posted after me BTW!;)

Tunaman
04-20-2003, 04:46 PM
After having the privilege of seeing and feeling this Ygrip this weekend, I can tell you first hand that this thing is awesome. There probably wont be many so preorder them from AGD fast if you want to get one.:D

ChucktheMAGician
04-20-2003, 04:50 PM
Did they give you a preorder date Tuna?

RLCRisp
04-20-2003, 05:16 PM
Will it be possible to mod these like the intellifeed to revvy?

Benfica4ever
04-20-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by RLCRisp
Will it be possible to mod these like the intellifeed to revvy?
yeah that would be awsome:cool:

AGD
04-20-2003, 11:46 PM
We are getting closer on the Y-Grip but given the way things have been going lately I don't want to comit to any dates.

Price wise it should be within about 10 dollars of the Intelliframe.

AGD

DiRTyBuNNy
04-21-2003, 01:52 AM
The Man has spoken...pretty much what I guessed..and I hate to intrude..but I'd love to know what got in the way of the "Y"...more secret projects I hope?

Cryer
04-21-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
I hate to intrude..but I'd love to know what got in the way of the "Y"...more secret projects I hope?

Even Tom Kaye deserves to take a vacation here and there...:cool:
(I got your back, TK;) )

I await patiently, Visa in hand.:D

hitNrun
04-22-2003, 04:12 PM
but i like the z-grip with the angle... that useless, whats the point? sorry but it should be angled much more... looks like a regular intelli with a very small angle to it... hope you can fix it some, more angle...

hit

kevdupuis
04-22-2003, 06:22 PM
Just let us know and I'll ordering one that day.

Benfica4ever
04-22-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by hitNrun
but i like the z-grip with the angle... that useless, whats the point? sorry but it should be angled much more... looks like a regular intelli with a very small angle to it... hope you can fix it some, more angle...

hit
But if you put more of an angle it would be too much like the z. i like the angle its at. I am not a fan of z's

GT
05-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by kevdupuis
Just let us know and I'll ordering one that day.

:D

JaredTheBeast
05-14-2003, 08:30 PM
Nice man nice;)

Paintchucker
05-16-2003, 09:35 AM
Tom,

I think you mentioned at the pre-chat party (monday), that the Y-grips had a slight delay, but were going to be available shortly? With all the turmoil about the Xmags, I kinda hate to ask, but... Is there any update on the timeline for when these will be available ???

Thanks,
PC

CNC9D
07-20-2003, 11:23 PM
The new Y-grip looks great, I would get one for my RT and/or Micro Mag, but I'm planning on selling the RT.

Now if AGD could make some for E-Mags then I would definitly buy one. Hint. Hint. ;) ;) nudg. nudg.

I once had the money for a Z-grip, but when I went looking for one they were discontinued. :(
Buy the time I can fit the purchase of a Y-grip into my plans, they too will be long gone. :(

Ukraineboy
07-21-2003, 12:10 AM

Cryer
07-21-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by CNC9D
The new Y-grip looks great, I would get one for my RT and/or Micro Mag, but I'm planning on selling the RT.

Now if AGD could make some for E-Mags then I would definitly buy one. Hint. Hint. ;) ;) nudg. nudg.

I once had the money for a Z-grip, but when I went looking for one they were discontinued. :(
Buy the time I can fit the purchase of a Y-grip into my plans, they too will be long gone. :(

Making a different angled grip frame for the Emags would require alot mor than just changing the frame itself. You would have to redesign the entire sear/solenoid system to fit and work with the new angle. Its been brought up many times before, but it doesn't seem like its possible right now...:(

Spartan X
07-21-2003, 09:16 AM
Got to hold one at IAO, I think I likt the Z-grip better.