PDA

View Full Version : new dragonfly!?!?!?

yeahthatsme
02-28-2003, 04:53 PM
i saw this on www.warpig.com its from M3...

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/mardigras/2003/tech/MVC705S.jpg

ezrunner
02-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Ok, M3 sells bargain guns.

This is their entry into the electro cocker fray.

Nice gun for the money. I'm waiting to see how the electros hold up.

They do use the no pinch bolts and use a similar frame design as the draguns I think.

I'm not really impressed with it, but for the money I think it may be a decent buy. You may be able to go back to a std cocker frame on it if your electro's fried.

-rob

hyper_mag2
02-28-2003, 05:54 PM
I'm pretty sure that pic was taken at the Mardi Gras Open cause I went and saw one the same as that and it had the same backround. They're pretty sweet. They have a nice feel to them and the trigger feels just as nice. I have a Black Dragon too and if the Dragonfly is as well built as that I might have to get my hands on one. The one thing I might be disapointed in is that it has the same funny grips as the Dragon and I am yet to see a company come out with grips that fit.

darklord
02-28-2003, 06:00 PM
wasn't MAKO coming out with an electronic frame for autocockers as well? I remember hearing about that somewhere a while back. I wonder if they're still in development... but with Eclipse coming out with the e-blade and all that, it may have been scrapped. The dragonfly looks alright, but it's probably poor in quality. The frame looks like an ESP frame on a spyder.

56kSomeGuy
02-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Wonder what the price is?

-=Squid=-
02-28-2003, 06:21 PM
The price is 400-500 dollars...GREAT buy if you ask me... My field is gettin a few in for testing.

magman007
02-28-2003, 11:03 PM
they look really pretty..... id get one... maybe

MAko went belly up, just like boo yaah

spydervenom
03-01-2003, 12:19 AM
mako = booyaah

thei3ug
03-01-2003, 11:06 AM
Mako is STILL AROUND. They are not an exclusive paintball company.

I know we had trouble contacting them for awhile, but Have Blue cleared a bit of it up. They are moving. I'm not sure what the status is.

MAKO was the manufacturer for Boo-yah. They were a machine company that sold parts to them, nothing more. Booyah didn't go belly up. Francois accumulated a load of debt, sold off inventory and took off, like he usually does.

Secondly, this isn't Mako, it is another company altogether.

spydervenom
03-01-2003, 01:00 PM
o yeah, forgot to add before...from the convo's i've had w/ the owner of m3, i am under the impression that it isn't completely compatible w/ cockers...

the biggest one was "just because it has cocker barrels doesn't mean its not a cocker"

Smokee_2_7
03-01-2003, 08:13 PM
spydervenom, I assume that you talked to Spurlock (sp?) himself. . . at anyrate,

Oh lord:

here we go agian.

I was told today (second-hand information from a M3 related source) that they are having problems with this gun.

It is not even into full production yet.

First off, it is the cocker version of a sear tripper. I was told today that the 3-way is NOT electronic. The dragonfly is what you get if you take a black dragun frame (cheap spyder e-frame) and bolt it on the cocker.

I have shot the original prototype of this gun, it has been on display at the M3 main store here in mobile since october. The thing dry-fires great. The gentleman that we spoke with today says that problems begin to surface when they try to shoot paint through the gun. I did not get specific details as to what kind of problems, but i was told that one of the display models of the gun was sent back to the manufacturing company in taiwan last week to see if they could figure out why it wasn't working.

The jist of the info that i got today (again, did not have time to get details) was that the frame is basiclly a
dragun frame (i.e. spyder) that has been fitted onto an autococker. They are currently encountering some serious issues of tolorance with this marker.

I won't go into anymore details about whether or not I think it is a wise purchase, but I will say this: Due to previous experience with some of the products from this company, (remember I work for a paintball shop) We will NOT be selling ANY of these markers. However, perhaps the bugs will be worked out, and this will be the next best thing since the black dragun :rolleyes: Best of luck to you in your purchasing decisions.

Carl

FalconGuy016
03-01-2003, 08:48 PM
The whole front assembly looks interesting

Pstan
03-01-2003, 10:16 PM
To my knowledge, all e-Cocker frames require that a sear be tripped. Race, E-Blade, etc. I have fired that gun also, and it had no mechanical means of throwing the switch valve........wire leads ran to front on what was, in my opinion, an electronic switch valve set.

However, I wouldnt run out and buy one. Time will tell whether it's a good buy or not.

P

Smokee_2_7
03-01-2003, 11:28 PM
what I was getting at was that it's my understanding that the 3-way is not electronic. the only electonic thing about the gun is that the sear is released. This differs from other coversion kits. For example, the e-blade (as well as others) have pretty much an electonic 3-way - - the throw is controlled by electornic pulse, as opposed to a rod connected to the trigger pushing the valve one way or pulling it the other. You have a wire that runs from the frame to the e-3 way. Generally speaking, this increases the reliability of the gun by helping the timing to stay in place.

However, you are most definitly right- - - time will tell.

mag-hatter
03-01-2003, 11:44 PM
its great except for the grip pannels. i'd get my *** kicked at my local field for having those.