PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Auto and Mini?

Kitsune
03-01-2003, 12:32 AM
I have been in the market, for a while, looking for a good minimag, but recently I have seen some nice automags up for sale (usually 68 classic, any others?) and I need to know which of the two are better in certain areas thatn the other and not as good in other areas.

I am guessing the minimag has some usefull features the automag doesn't because of the price difference between the two.

I am in need of this information ASAP. Thanks to all who help in advance.

Cryer
03-01-2003, 12:35 AM
The only differences between the two is the longer body of the minimag, and that the minimag comes with a vertical air adapter (but most upgraded 68 classic mags will have one anyway...). They're fundamentally and functionally the exact same.

Load SM5
03-01-2003, 12:37 AM
Really the difference is'nt that big. The mini has a longer slighty more cosmetic body, more stars on the valve(stars represent how many free repairs you get) and a vertical adapter.

A used mag is usually the best value as they are built like tanks. If anything is wrong it's usually an o-ring of some kind and easily fixed. They can last forever if taken care of so buying used is'nt something you need to worry about. For the same price as new you can get a good used one with a few upgrades.