PDA

View Full Version : Lollapalooza

FordPrefect
03-01-2003, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know the info for Lollapalooza this summer? I think I'd be able to go, I just need to know the dates and such. Lollapalooza.com doesn't say much except the bands playing.

Vex
03-01-2003, 04:47 PM
Sorry man, can't help you. IMO, I think the tour is going to suck. It's steadily gone downhill after the '93 tour. Lollapalooza '92 was by far the best line up so far: Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Ministry, Ice Cube, etc. '93 was good too, just not as powerful, and Alice In Chains sucked in concert.

Sorry that I was absolutely NO help whatsoever.

:D

graycie
03-01-2003, 11:14 PM
only thing i've heard so far is part of the lineup: audioslave, janes addiction, queens of the stone age. as in the past some bands might not be on the lineup for the whole tour, which can very dissapointing. i agree with phazeshifter in that the tour went downhill since '92 (the year i went). but so far it sounds like the lollapalooza of the super bands.

DaveDog
03-01-2003, 11:39 PM
Perry Farrell is pretty broke so I can see why he's trying to stir up some cash again. QOTSA is definitely worth checking out though. It won't be quite the same without Dave Grohl on the drums though.

FordPrefect
03-02-2003, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I've heard some of the Queens, and its pretty good. One of the main reasons I want to go is because all the solo Audioslave shows are sold out. And I heard, and like, 4 of the 5 bands that are gonna play, so I thought "why not?"

Kai
03-03-2003, 12:50 PM
It's sounds like it will be a pretty good show. I think Audioslave has some real potential...comming from an old Soundgarden fan.

I would rather catch the Atreyu/Cky tour though. Can't go wrong with that combonation.

Jack_Dubious
03-03-2003, 08:52 PM
I once saw Perry Farrell at this underground party. As I walked past him, I gave him a pat on the shoulder.
"Hey Perry", I said.
"Hey man", he replied.
I kept walking and enjoyed the rest of my night (of what i can remember) ;)

JDub