PDA

View Full Version : West Point!!

PzYcO
03-01-2003, 05:05 PM
YEAHH!! A Sceneraio game at west point! What more could you ask? Find out more! http://www.hudsonvalleypaintball.com/WESTPOINTSPRING2003.htm

DoctorStox
03-25-2003, 09:06 PM
3 of us are sending out all our stuff tomorrow. it should be amazing. make sure to get your stuff in by this friday for the pre-registration prices. also, so far, to prepare, i ahve covered my purple to gold fade shocker in camo tape and my revy in camo tape, looks really good. make sure if you do this to buy the cloth tape that peels off, not the duct tape the duct tape is too glossy and leaves a sticky residue. but yeah, west point last year was really good, this one better be just as good, preferably better.

backtrack2pb
03-27-2003, 05:15 PM
$80 a case pre-paid? $100 at the event? You be nuts.

LittMag
03-27-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by backtrack2pb
$80 a case pre-paid? $100 at the event? You be nuts.

It's not that absurd, on the high side, yes, but you'll pay that much for events at EMR. They offer a unique experience you probably couldn't get anywhere else, with simulated machine gun fire etc. My last big game (Castle Conqeust @ EMR) I paid 80 a case for some pretty crappy paint. I know of other places tha charge 80 a case. It's expensive, but not absurd.

LittMag
03-28-2003, 01:27 AM
It's official, I'll be there, look for me, my warped MiniMag and mask with LittMag on it, come and say hi.

-Litt

DoctorStox
03-28-2003, 04:18 PM
i'llthe be the kid with his usualy purple/gold shocker covered in camo tape.

PzYcO
03-28-2003, 06:07 PM
i post the damn thread, and now i cant even go... *sigh*

DoctorStox
03-28-2003, 08:03 PM
that's too bad man. all seriouness try and go, it should be amazing. i hope darth mal and the darth mag are there again, that guy is crazy.

LittMag
03-29-2003, 10:46 AM
That sucks PzYcO, sorry you can't make it.

Any idea where I can get a field map? Also, all the sheet says is 10-4, anyone know when registration and all that starts?

Thanks,
Litt

DoctorStox
03-29-2003, 12:53 PM
i think registration starts as early as 7:30, but show either really early or really late unless u wanna be standing in line. field maps i think might be available at armypaintball.com but it might just be maps of west point but check it out. me and my friends are goin there and camping out, easier that way, because we can just wake up when need be and meet a few people while we were there and whatnot. also, we dont have to drive two hours if we sleep there.

DoctorStox
04-02-2003, 07:56 PM
2 days, i cant wait, this has been such a long week already, lol

LittMag
04-02-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by DoctorStox
2 days, i cant wait, this has been such a long week already, lol

tell me about it. I can't wait until Saturday.

DrStox... any idea how they're gonna split up the teams?

-Litt

DoctorStox
04-02-2003, 08:52 PM
last year, they had a check in station right by the road where u come in. if you preregistered they had a line for you and a line for the guys coming in for walk on. get into your prospective line then when you check in they'll basicaly ask you what side u wanna be on. i think this time it might be predetermined since they want a 3:1 ratio of korea:u.s. but i dunno. my group is hoping to be americans as were last time. but last time we ended up outnumbered by like 75 when it supposed to be even but it was still a good/close game. i guess we'll just ahve to see.

LittMag
04-05-2003, 10:40 PM
Great game, American's kicked *** (at least in the first and second phases) Anyone know the final score?

Anyway, aside from the Hr and 30 min drive around West Point and the surrounding areas after the first gate was shut, we arrived just after the first phase began. Anyway, time to shower and survey the damage ( I dropped my mag, so the warp casing broke, so if anyone wants to sell me some warp shells cheap PLEASE PM me). I'll post some stories later.

-Litt

DoctorStox
04-06-2003, 05:59 PM
as for the final score i heard somebody say US won and somebody said Vietnam won, so i guess we will have to wait until the website is updated. i wanted to be american but then our battalion was moved to vietnamese cause they ahd to ahve tha dvantage. I ended up in 4th batalion. the first phase we ruled the americans, we took your CP in final 2 minutes. in the second one you won by sweeping the road, which i must give props for since in order to do that you had to clear out 1,2, and 3 and then you took our CP, but 4th batalion held strong in the valley and the highlands so we got some point for that. in the third phase i actualy go to be a platoon leader which was amazing. if u happened to see the crazy guys sprinting down the road towards your CP that was us, but out of my whole batalion only 5 (of 25+) made it to your CP and then we got schooled by that scenario team. but then my batalion held you guys off on the raod and i got the lead the assault that took out your general, which was sick. then for the part where u guys got 9 minutes to get back you US Flag my gun went down (choping like heck) so as the guys got shot (we didnt have reinsertion) i would grab their guns and unload, which was fun. it was an amazing day. i got some great stories to tell but i'm too lazy, lol. anyway, it was nice being the only civilian platoon leader, since i couldnt die unless i got a head shot. but yeah, it was sweet, well worth it. but i think the only problem was the prregistration thing cause they messed it up, and even though we sent in a check they made us pay cash up front so for now the game has cost me 230 dollars but i will be getting 150 of that back later. i agree with the vietnamese general, it was th emost intense game of paintball i ahve ever played.

LittMag
04-06-2003, 07:14 PM
I had a blast, some parts of the game weren't very well organized though. There was some controversy w/ the assult on the red base. I was with the general in the very lead group, at the side of the base with the lead squad, I ran out of air w/ a little less than half a hopper full of paint. We were shooting people in the red base and they would not leave (we could get hit, but could get recharged by our general). Personally I tagged one person 5 or 6 times with seeing 3 breaks, and he just stood there. Finally after being bunkered by 30 or so reds from no more than 10 feet away (I have the welts to prove it), the refs finally stopped it. I dunno what happened after that, because I left the field after the stoppage to try to get more air to return, but the airfill station had closed. I dunno what happened after that. As I walked away, one of the red players grabbed the flag from our General.

Aside from that little miscommunication (and the almost fight during the 2nd phase near the house in the center) I had a GREAT time. Today, I'm VERY VERY sore, and my right shoulder is more welt than skin (it's the shoulder I turned to face the bunkering).

-Litt

LittMag
04-06-2003, 07:27 PM
Taken from PBN

The final score
Guys, thanks for coming out. This will probably be our last year with severe - the paint was better this year, but I really like the RPS starch shells.

Conditions were...poor...for the game. The sunny day that I'm enjoying today on Sunday is just comical considering the 30 degree snow, fog and rain that we had to fight through yesterday.

In any case, at the end of Phase II, the game was at 800 to 400. With the final phase, the Vietnamese gained 250 points for keeping their base, and an additional 100 pts for capturing the US general's flag. Unfortunately, that kept the NVA score only at 750. The US ended up winning with the score 800 to 750.

Really appreciate the turnout guys. I'll get you back in the fall. Thanks to Blue's Crew for an outstanding performance as 2nd Plt. Hudson Valley paintball for the advertising, and helping setup the air. And X-Fire paintball for their constant support and gifts at the end.

I know there are plenty of folks (Team Prozac) that also played key roles - I can't name you all, but again, thanks for a great day of ball.

Arnold Lee
#12 Black Knights Paintball

just to gloat, I was assigned to the platoon w/ Team Prozac