PDA

View Full Version : pants?

TheJester
03-02-2003, 03:24 PM
i'm thinking of buying a pair of paintball pants with in the next week, i have it down to nexed pro or the JT pro. i can get the nexed for 69.99, or the 2003 jt tournaments for 62.75. what kind do you all guys have, and how do you like them?

darklord
03-02-2003, 03:27 PM
I have DYE hybrid pants. I got them as a gift, didn't pay for em... but I can tell you, I would never buy them if I were looking into pants. They're nice, have pretty good knee protection for sliding and whatnot, and have a squeegie holder in the leg. They also have an adjustable waist which is pretty nice, no need for a belt. They're well vented, too.

I think out of the choices you named, I'd say go with whatever's cheapest. You'll find that most pants are pretty much equal.

FalconGuy016
03-02-2003, 03:34 PM
JT in my opinion

Load SM5
03-02-2003, 03:38 PM
I've heard great things about Nexed pants and my last pair of Jt's blew out impressively after only a few months. Currently a wear Redz pants and love them. After a few months they look like they did the day I got them. Rase pants are also really good for the price.

Kevmaster
03-02-2003, 03:43 PM
i recently was given a pair of Paintball Inc's new pants(sponsors) and i was impressed. (no, this is not just promo for a sponsor). I REALLY LIKE them. Comfortable, big, flexable. they are more like theregular cargo pants you see in dept stores, not the mesh pants you see on paintball pants. I like them better than the dye's ive seen. great pants. i think they are retailing at around 30-35 so theyre half the price of JT and Dye pants. good buy too. ill see if i can find a link to a pic.

PS: they shrink a little. if you are a 34" waist, get a 36" waste pants

PsychoBaller
03-02-2003, 04:40 PM
Yah... as stated... the reinforced knees are great, vented mesh where you need it, behind the knees, azz, and side of legs-(has zippers). They are very comfortable, easily ajustable with velcro straps.

I played in them on Saturday in a tourny, where the Sup Air field was on snow. didnt feel a thing all day. in terms of diving or attempted knee sliding on it.

~da baller

oldsoldier
03-02-2003, 04:55 PM
I just bought a pair of nexed pro's...havent played in them yet, but the construction seems nice. I also have a pair of Redz...i'll back Load up on the durability. The knees are bombproof...which, I cant really say about my JTs. I wear the JTs exclusively as bumming around pants now...they are all frayed and beaten after not even a year.

Fatjon
03-02-2003, 05:35 PM
I have a pair of JT destroyers and they are great. I paid 29.99 for them and they have held up well. I dont have any holes or anything in them

rdb123
03-02-2003, 05:42 PM
Well, I think it would be more helpful if you guys explain exactly how hard you play... Such as if you maybe slide into rocks every game or something hehe.

Kevmaster
03-02-2003, 05:48 PM
i play pretty rough. no rocks, but sliding constantly. not one tear from mine

TheJester
03-02-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by rdb123
Well, I think it would be more helpful if you guys explain exactly how hard you play... Such as if you maybe slide into rocks every game or something hehe.

yea, that would be helpful. my play style is an agressive, front player, sliding on either 1 or both knees. i've always just used a pair of camo's i bought at Fort Drum and they've held up perfect for a year, they're still intact, the knees are just a little faded. i want to get away from the camo's though, i'm almost all speedball now, and an sup air field is coming next month, or 1st thaw, which ever comes 1st. but i do think i have it between those 2 pants, so i think red's and the such are kinda out of my mind at the moment, so please try to stick to reviews of either the nexed or the '03 JT toury's

i like tictacs
03-02-2003, 08:59 PM
wel my personal favorite is dye...but, of the two you mentioned, i'd go with jt...i sometimes find myself lounging around in my dyes because there so comfy.

Smokee_2_7
03-02-2003, 11:22 PM
I wear nexed pants and absolutely love them. Durability so far has been great. I do not own any JT pants, but have seen MANY pairs of JT's rip within the first year. I talked to a guy today that has re-sewn the knees somthing like 3 times.

My vote goes for Nexed.

Carl

BarryTolar
03-03-2003, 02:15 AM
Felt of the Nexed at MGO. Wasn't impressed. The material reminded me of parachute pants. I know it's not the same material but that's what I thought of when I felt of them.

The Dye 03's were very nice as were the 03 Tourney JT's.

But then again I'm not going to pay 60 bucks for a pair of cargo pants.

Barry

mykroft
03-03-2003, 11:07 AM
BarryTolar:

These ain't really cargo pants, despite how they look. Serious play will destroy a pair of Cargo's in a day, cargo's are made out of light cotton, most paintball pants use very tough synthetics or heavy cotton.

I used black BDU's and Rase Chigga's. The Chigga's are noticably more durable, with the knee and rear being reinforced.

The NexeD's look nice (Especially on Bea Youngs) and the JT's are killer. DYE's are overpriced and fragile.

banzaimf
03-03-2003, 12:03 PM
all the velcro pocket closures on my JT pants need to be sewn back down. :mad:

LaW
03-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Definately Nexed, I just ordered a pair for myself. They look and feel a lot more durable than the jt pants. I have some 5 year old jt pants i'm still wearing that just started to rip but they just don't make their pants as good anymore!

I play pretty aggressive, love to slide.... :)

BarryTolar
03-03-2003, 01:33 PM
mykroft

Not disagreeing with you.

I know they're not cargo pants.

But I've been wearing the same pair of BDUs for 2 years. I won't claim I'm very hard on pants but it does matter what type of BDU's you get. (some I can tear up in a day)

Best luck I've had with BDU's are when I can get them straight out of a PX. But then again I swear I haven't bought any for me in 2 years so :)

But I agree some people are way rougher on pants than others.

Whatever floats your boat.

Barry

Troy
03-03-2003, 03:36 PM
JT suck.

Check out the Brimestone Smoke pants. They have built in removable knee pads. The seams are on the inside to prevent tearing and they are very breathable. Oh yeah as an added bonus they are made out of hemp(very durable, as long as you don't smoke your pocket).:p

Nexed are very good if you do a search I posted a review on them a couple of weeks ago.

cphilip
03-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Hemp eh? Kinda give a whole new meaning to the old saying "I got a party in my pants" don't it? :eek:

manike
03-03-2003, 03:46 PM
Here's some cool 'pants'

http://www.laden.co.uk/assets/product_images/UptightUMBruce.jpg

Oh you mean you wanted trousers?... oops sorry :D

SlipknotX556
03-03-2003, 03:48 PM
Manike, LOL.

darklord
03-03-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by manike
Here's some cool 'pants'

http://www.laden.co.uk/assets/product_images/UptightUMBruce.jpg

Oh you mean you wanted trousers?... oops sorry :D Silly Brits. ;) :D

TheJester
03-03-2003, 04:01 PM
manike; those must be a new style, those the new JT's or something?

cphilip
03-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Simon had these designed for me... :D

http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=cphilip%40clemson.edu&F=funnythong

cphilip
03-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Fortunately I made it!!!! :eek: ;)

manike
03-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Yeah but only trouble is finding someone that only comes up to that height on you might be tough... or illegal...

cphilip
03-03-2003, 04:11 PM
:D

(nice recovery...)

CpSuPeRkId
03-03-2003, 06:57 PM
the older jt pants(pre 2003) really really sucked. my friend has 2 pairs and both are torn to shreds at the knees.one tore in like the first 2 times he played. the new 2003 jt pants are seriously bomb proof. they are made with so much better quality than the older ones. they have a really heavy duty knee area and i have played TONS of times with mine with LOTS of sliding and abuse and the knees only have a 2 inch discolored spot where the nylong material gets sorta burned or melted from the friction. comfort wise, they blow away dye IMO. they have a silky soft interior lining. the overall design is great too. venting where its needed, pockets wehre they are needed, squeegy holder on both sides, plus they look cool if you really care.

Python14
03-03-2003, 07:00 PM
Pants are so overrated these days.

TheJester
03-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Python14
Pants are so overrated these days.

then don't wear any:p

Python14
03-03-2003, 09:17 PM
I'm way ahead of you. By like 5 in the afternoon, my pants are off and I'm in Updraft City USA.